The Inevitable Question

With another Forge environment being confirmed today, we have one giant question. The Forge map is in space. What else was in space that we liked in Halo history? Oh, right. SABERS. Space battles. Space stations. Missiles and bullets flying around space. Chunks of destroyed material floating around space. Explosions in space. Boom boom boom. Except muffled 'cuz it’s space.

The chances are slim. Very slim. Incredibly slim. But do you think it’s possible? Possible for us to have a fleet of space warships at our hands? Possible for us to place Sabres on Impact? Possible for us to add to our battlegrounds… the final frontier?

nope.

Doubt it. What would we do with it anyways? Not much.

I’d love it. Think of the Machinima!

worst idea since shamwow.

> worst idea since shamwow.

Shamwow was a great idea, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

In truth, I don’t think Sabers are necessary at all. But, as someone said above me, they would be great for machinimas. And the idea of a space battle, especially when (in a custom game) each side can actually build their bases, just sounds awesome. I wouldn’t be disappointed if it wasn’t in, but I’d be excited if it was.

A fully fleshed out ‘space’ map? I doubt the xbox 360 has the capacity for that.

> A fully fleshed out ‘space’ map? I doubt the xbox 360 has the capacity for that.

It just depends on Impact’s borders. They wouldn’t have to be massive. The size of Forge World would be plenty enough, as long as the Sabers travel at reduced speeds like the jets in Battlefield.

Eh, I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t sabers in Impact, just building a few platforms… some gravity volumes, maybe a mech or two and adding a few jetpacks here and there with player trait zones where you have infinite AA usage will be enough fun for me :smiley:

Considering 343i is stuck on deciding to make different colored objects in forge… we’re a looooong ways off from doing anything as epic as making a battle fleet.

> > worst idea since shamwow.
>
> Shamwow was a great idea, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

As a competitive swimmer, I can honestly say that the Shamwow is a godsend.