The Inevitable: DMR out-classes other rifles.

Let’s all get this over with…

The DMR is the best rifle. Hands down. That’s not a good thing. The way the DMR is set up, the bloom is so tight that only at the longest ranges are you going to miss your headshot. We saw it all weekend at MLG and we’re seeing it now in multiplayer. All a DMR user has to do is spam their shots near the head and they’ll end up with a significantly quicker 5 shot than the rest of the rifles.

The BR is a close contender, but when a DMR user has them at a medium distance, the DMR’s tight bloom and seemingly magical bullet magnetism gets you every time. At close range, DMR definitely wins because it just flat out fires faster.

The Light rifle is a total joke up close. It’s a slow BR. At longer ranges, you can get lucky and hit the 4 shot, but the DMR user will probably fire just as fast with the bloom-but-not-really and get the 5 shot.

The Carbine is the only true contender. I’ve beaten DMR users at all ranges with the Carbine, but it takes considerably more skill to do so. A carbine user must hit EVERY SHOT from the beginning of the encounter to win against a competent DMR user, and we all know it’s hard to do that with a Carbine.

The DMR is simply too good in comparison. The bloom is too tight and the fire rate is too high. The DMR shouldn’t be a flat out better rifle, it should be a single shot alternative to the BR. This needs some balancing.

It’s not the rest of the rifles that’s the problem. The DMR is too good to the point of being broken. Once more people at the higher levels realize this, it’ll be all DMR all the time. I’ve seen this a few times, and it’s not pretty.

Everyone complains about the bloom in Reach, 343 tightens the bloom and now you’re complaining,
I think the DMR is fine how it is.

are you kidding me the carbine is so easy to actually hit people with every shot, if it fired any faster it be a straight laser beam.
only real problem with it is that headshots shielded don’t seem to take off more of the shield like they did in reach anyways, and even when the shield is off it doesn’t always headshot people even if you hit them right in the center of the visor.

> Everyone complains about the bloom in Reach, 343 tightens the bloom and now you’re complaining,
> I think the DMR is fine how it is.

Everyone complained about the bloom because we wanted it gone.

We now have a rifle that yes, if you let the bloom reset, is a reasonable weapon. But the bloom is so tight that it doesn’t matter. Fire it at the max RoF and you’ll land your headshot at mid range.

Nothing will ever be perfectly balanced. But its pretty damn good.

If anyone suggests a nerf of any kind I will slap them in the face.

DMR is perfect right now. You slow it down or increase bloom Ill flip.

If anything, make the other rifles a little more powerful. Keep those kill times fast.

The faster kill times is a breath of fresh air. Feels more like Halo 2, rather than the slower H3 and turtle crap slow Reach.

> Nothing will ever be perfectly balanced. But its pretty damn good.
>
> If anyone suggests a nerf of any kind I will slap them in the face.
>
> DMR is perfect right now. You slow it down or increase bloom Ill flip.
>
> If anything, make the other rifles a little more powerful. Keep those kill times fast.
>
> The faster kill times is a breath of fresh air. Feels more like Halo 2, rather than the slower H3 and turtle crap slow Reach.

All the DMR needs is a fixed RoF that’s exactly the same as the BR, and removed bloom.

I agree with you that the DMR is way too dominant, a nerf would be good. The Carbine on the other hand needs an accuracy buff, its accuracy is terrible and worse than the magnums and even if you’re a skilled player you’re not going to land all the 8 shots at medium+ range since the spread is too big.

First it was complaining about to much bloom in Reach then 343 stepped in and fixed most of the bloom issues in a title update. Halo 4 is released and in one day complaining about the DMR’s tight bloom, really?? I enjoy the DMR and is hands down my favorite rifle no it doesn’t need to be nerfed to keep the kiddies happy. Change the way you play, strafe a little more, make it harder for the opponent to get those headshots, or stop playing Halo.

DMR is fine…

Close range BR beats DMR.

This is not only in theory but i have seen it in practice as well.

DMR does what it should by keeping the time to kill reasonable even at long ranges.

The carbine is a mix between the 2. it can beat both if you have great accuracy. if not it doesn’t.

This is called balance people…

There is nothing wrong with a best in a sub-category where diversity dictates that equality does not and cannot exist.

Having said that, you need the skill to work the DMR as it does not dictate the near automatic win of H3’s BR vs other weapons, nor H2’s double-shot.
After playing some campaign I know I am sticking to my DMR in MP. I think I unlocked the BR just to have it for something, but I am rocking the DMR all the way. It fits how I play and I like it for that.
I’ve been beaten by sloppy shooting on my end and better shooting from the other with a different weapon.
If I have taken any sort of damage, the BR and Carbine can very easily capitalise on the DMR’s RoF where strafing is harder on the DMR than it is on the BR or Carbine in the same non-long range.
In 1vs1, it’s great to use the DMR but sloppy shooting isn’t as rewarded as in Reach. In team vs team, it’s any-Ladies’ (and other Spartan’s) combined use of the weapons that determines engagement winnings.

I admit, there’s an awful lot of DMR out there right now, but it seems a little early to be calling for tweaks.

> DMR is fine…
>
> Close range BR beats DMR.
>
> This is not only in theory but i have seen it in practice as well.

Factually incorrect. The DMR and BR are both 5 shot weapons. At close range, RoF is all that matters. The DMR has a higher RoF than the BR. DMR wins.

I’ve seen it happen countless times. The DMR is dominant at close range because RoF, medium range because bullet magnetism and tight bloom, and long range for the same reasons. Extreme ranges, it’s still dominant because it’s single shot.

It’s too good.

I haven’t played Halo in 2 years. Last time I played halo was halo 3 and I was never good. Then I played mw3 for a year and now I’m back to Halo.
The aiming is very different and when I just started playing Halo 4 I could never move my RoF fast enough and I would play on a 10 sensitivity.
Anyways my point was Halo 4 was pretty hard for me but with the DMR I kill people so fast it doesn’t even matter if I’m bad. I just need to keep my aimer around their head and i magically kill them. the DMR hit box for the head is way too big. People say the DMR should kill faster because it’s harder to use than the BR, but that’s not the case in Halo 4. DMR is way too easy to use because of the hit magnetism.
DMR should be nerfed or other weapons need to be buffed.

Not really it holds the hand of the player better then the other weapons, but if you practice with the others they are all very balanced.

On one hand I feel accomplished as a Carbine user. On the other hand, I feel that the DMR is just much easier to use and that I am wasting my trigger finger with the Carbine.

> > DMR is fine…
> >
> > Close range BR beats DMR.
> >
> > This is not only in theory but i have seen it in practice as well.
>
> Factually incorrect. The DMR and BR are both 5 shot weapons. At close range, RoF is all that matters. The DMR has a higher RoF than the BR. DMR wins.
>
> I’ve seen it happen countless times. The DMR is dominant at close range because RoF, medium range because bullet magnetism and tight bloom, and long range for the same reasons. Extreme ranges, it’s still dominant because it’s single shot.
>
> It’s too good.

Factually incorrect as well, BR and DMR both has 10 frames of RoF. If both hits 5 head shots at the same time close range, they will both die.
But I agree with you on the bullet magnetism. I suck at halo in general and I’m owning with the DMR and sucking with other weapons just because of how BIG the head hitbox for DMR is.

False, I was expecting to use all the rifles equally but I’ve been using the BR more than the others and owning people. I don’t like the DMR at short range when I have it I equip the pistol for short range battles. I’m just not confortable with the DMR at short range. at mid range the BR and DMR I find to be about equal but I do more damage with the BR thanks to it’s 3 shot burst where with the DMR it you miss you miss. At long rang the BR is accurate I think it has two firing mode like the LR but the DMR is better at long ofc. I said carbine would be more main but I’ve fallen in love with the BR all over again. Only people that say DMR is clearly the best are followers that watched the MLG dallas stream. If you suck you suck no matter what gun you use and if your good your good. Halo 4 has a bigger element to it that the other halo’s didn’n have much of. I’m not telling what it is because it the reason I’m better at halo 4 than I am at 3(and I was good at 3)

> > DMR is fine…
> >
> > Close range BR beats DMR.
> >
> > This is not only in theory but i have seen it in practice as well.
>
> Factually incorrect. The DMR and BR are both 5 shot weapons. At close range, RoF is all that matters. The DMR has a higher RoF than the BR. DMR wins.
>
> I’ve seen it happen countless times. The DMR is dominant at close range because RoF, medium range because bullet magnetism and tight bloom, and long range for the same reasons. Extreme ranges, it’s still dominant because it’s single shot.
>
> It’s too good.

1v1 me. You use DMR I’ll use BR and I’ll still win.

> False, I was expecting to use all the rifles equally but I’ve been using the BR more than the others and owning people. I don’t like the DMR at short range when I have it I equip the pistol for short range battles. I’m just not confortable with the DMR at short range. at mid range the BR and DMR I find to be about equal but I do more damage with the BR thanks to it’s 3 shot burst where with the DMR it you miss you miss. At long rang the BR is accurate I think it has two firing mode like the LR but the DMR is better at long ofc. I said carbine would be more main but I’ve fallen in love with the BR all over again. Only people that say DMR is clearly the best are followers that watched the MLG dallas stream. If you suck you suck no matter what gun you use and if your good your good. Halo 4 has a bigger element to it that the other halo’s didn’n have much of. I’m not telling what it is because it the reason I’m better at halo 4 than I am at 3(and I was good at 3)

This is such a biased opinion.
If you suck, you suck?
No, if you look at my stats, I can barely kill anyone with the light rifle but I win almost all of my encounters with the DMR.
And you’re wrong on BR having two firing modes as it only has one, 3 shot bursts. In close range encounters the BR takes longer to fire 3 shots than 1 shot even though the break from the last shot of the first burst and the first shot of the second burst is shorter than the first shot to second shot on the DMR. So if your target is moving at close range, you are likely to miss more bullets on the BR than the DMR.

This is ironic to me, as the DMR was supposed to be the BR’s Prototype. Wouldnt that in turn mean that the BR is supposed to be shooting faster?, I thought so.

However, that is not the point.

Play the game as is, love the name even if you hate the company, Kill the -Yoinks!- who mess with our hogs, Nothing beats tank (still). And Laugh at the CoD Players who complain because the Default Control set up is the same as CoD.