the HUD

This is the first time I got a good look at the HUD. Now while the rest of the presentation was great and blew my mind. The HUD was kinda, getting in my way.
I understand they are trying to make it look like you’re looking through his eyes but I think it needs to be toned down a bit.
I found it being a bit to cluttered between the video streams on your visor to the visual lines of your visor. I feel it needs to be pushed off to the side a bit and out of the way and more transparent in parts so when looking around your not really going to notice these lines all over you’re screen unless you want to pay attention to it for some reason.
Just the entire time I couldn’t help but notice them infront of everything.
Other than that, great job 343. :slight_smile: Im more psyched about Halo 4 than ever.

Looks fine to me.

Since it’s very similar to Metroid Prime, hopefully for you they’ll give you the option to reduce it ore remove it.

You’ll adjust after playing the game for a while.

I like it, new touch to the visual effects.

I am hoping it looks “hovery”, if that makes sense. I mean, think about it: the HUG is inlaid to the MJOLNIR visor, and your perspective is through the chief’s eyes, so the HUD should have some amount of independent movement to it from your own movement. That would really sell the “you are in a suit of armour” feeling, but I’m not sure how feasible it is from a gameplay/design standpoint.

I think it’s fine the way it is. I really like the new HUD.

Personally, I think it looks great! And the visor lines were a great touch!

I quite like the hud. I like the way you see the bottom corners of the helmet. It really shows that they were true to their words. They said that they wanted to make you feel like ur in a helmet. And its really well done.