The House of Blue Leaves

I’ve always been a huge fan of Bungie/343i and I really love how they name their stuff in the Halo games like the achievements and the challenges. They are always very clever and often are tied to the action needed to complete them. Today, one of the daily challenges is called The House of Blue Leaves, in which you must kill 188 enemies in a single Firefight match on Heroic. Normally, I can catch the connection, but I’m not sure for this one. Since the number of enemies is so different than normal numbers, I was wondering if anyone else could think of the connection. The only thing I can think of is that there is a play that shares the same name as the challenge, but I’m not sure how the 188 fits anywhere in that. Your thoughts?

Hmmm this is a tough one. 6?

While I don’t know the significance of the number, it makes me wonder if the person setting up the challenge actually plays the game type… This may be a tougher challenge for the average player to beat than one of the LASO challenges in Campaign…

I did it on rocket fight in arcade.

I just barely got 120 kills in a match today. Not sure how I’m supposed to get 188 without my teammates quitting ;-/