"The Hero of Humanity"? Chief only?

confused by this

gameinformer says Master Chief is the “Hero of Humanity”

but what about Fred, Linda, Kelly their spartans too

same with Locke, Holly, Olympia and Buck arn’t they “hero’s of humanity” too being Spartans…isn’t that kind of discrediting their contributions

why is this?

I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.

Because Chief is the main character of the Halo series that single-handedly stopped intergalactic genocide four consecutive times in a row. No matter how awesome any member of Blue Team or Fireteam Osiris are, Chief will always be better.

Chief was there at every crucial moment in the main halo series that changed the fate of the human race. All of the soldiers who fought are heroes…but none did so much as one man and his AI companion that deserve the title of hero of humanity.

> 2533274863410785;5:
> Chief was there at every crucial moment in the main halo series that changed the fate of the human race. All of the soldiers who fought are heroes…but none did so much as one man and his AI companion that deserve the title of hero of humanity.

so in essense, he might not be the best spartan in terms of pure skill and ability?

but he is the best in terms of accomplishments/legacy?

> 2533274859367731;6:
> > 2533274863410785;5:
> > Chief was there at every crucial moment in the main halo series that changed the fate of the human race. All of the soldiers who fought are heroes…but none did so much as one man and his AI companion that deserve the title of hero of humanity.
>
>
> so in essense, he might not be the best spartan in terms of pure skill and ability?
>
> but he is the best in terms of accomplishments/legacy?

Exactly, it might not necessarily be in terms of skill, but he has saved, not just humans, but all sentient life within a significant portion of the galaxy on 3 separate occasions and prevented the mass genocide/enslavement (still not entirely sure which the composer does) of the human race after that. No other spartan can boast those feats.

> 2533274866783302;7:
> > 2533274859367731;6:
> > > 2533274863410785;5:
> > > Chief was there at every crucial moment in the main halo series that changed the fate of the human race. All of the soldiers who fought are heroes…but none did so much as one man and his AI companion that deserve the title of hero of humanity.
> >
> >
> > so in essense, he might not be the best spartan in terms of pure skill and ability?
> >
> > but he is the best in terms of accomplishments/legacy?
>
>
> Exactly, it might not necessarily be in terms of skill, but he has saved, not just humans, but all sentient life within a significant portion of the galaxy on 3 separate occasions and prevented the mass genocide/enslavement (still not entirely sure which the composer does) of the human race after that. No other spartan can boast those feats.

his feats not only make him the greatest spartan ever

but i would wage it makes him the greatest soldier in UNSC history… what do you think?

> 2533274857398125;3:
> I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.

Quite forgivable since they were left on Reach before Chief and a handful of survivors came back for them but then helped him destroy the Unyielding Hierophant space station. They were further held up by the Office of Naval Intelligence while Earth was under attack and thus left Chief solo and then sent off to secure Onyx becoming trapped in the process. They would have been with him if said obstacles had not come up.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> > 2533274857398125;3:
> > I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.
>
>
> Quite forgivable since they were left on Reach before Chief and a handful of survivors came back for them but then helped him destroy the Unyielding Hierophant space station. They were further held up by the Office of Naval Intelligence while Earth was under attack and thus left Chief solo and then sent off to secure Onyx becoming trapped in the process. They would have been with him if said obstacles had not come up.

Chief super-power is being in the right place at the right time.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> > 2533274857398125;3:
> > I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.
>
>
> Quite forgivable since they were left on Reach before Chief and a handful of survivors came back for them but then helped him destroy the Unyielding Hierophant space station. They were further held up by the Office of Naval Intelligence while Earth was under attack and thus left Chief solo and then sent off to secure Onyx becoming trapped in the process. They would have been with him if said obstacles had not come up.

Its still the signifying difference between “Elite of the Elite” and “Savior of Humanity” though. While the other spartan operations were great, they were really just saving people before they retreated due to the covenant naval superiority. Damage control, so to speak.

Humanity didn’t get to really punch back till the Halo trilogy, and Chief was there the whole time.

> 2533274964189700;11:
> > 2533274812652989;9:
> > > 2533274857398125;3:
> > > I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.
> >
> >
> > Quite forgivable since they were left on Reach before Chief and a handful of survivors came back for them but then helped him destroy the Unyielding Hierophant space station. They were further held up by the Office of Naval Intelligence while Earth was under attack and thus left Chief solo and then sent off to secure Onyx becoming trapped in the process. They would have been with him if said obstacles had not come up.
>
>
> Its still the signifying difference between “Elite of the Elite” and “Savior of Humanity” though. While the other spartan operations were great, they were really just saving people before they retreated due to the covenant naval superiority. Damage control, so to speak.
>
> Humanity didn’t get to really punch back till the Halo trilogy, and Chief was there the whole time.

even Locke says to Arbiter “not just any spartan…THE spartan” talking about Chief

> 2533274812652989;9:
> > 2533274857398125;3:
> > I didn’t recall Fred Kelly or Lind being on installation 04, or being on high charity, or going on the arc just to destroy another installation 04.
>
>
> Quite forgivable since they were left on Reach before Chief and a handful of survivors came back for them but then helped him destroy the Unyielding Hierophant space station. They were further held up by the Office of Naval Intelligence while Earth was under attack and thus left Chief solo and then sent off to secure Onyx becoming trapped in the process. They would have been with him if said obstacles had not come up.

Imagine how much easier the events of the games would have been from a lore standpoint if Blue team had been with him during them? Conservation of ninjitsu not-withstanding.

“Peace is shattered when colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. And when humanity’s greatest hero goes missing,Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy”… referring to the Chief (tagline for halo 5)

and also in the halo 5 trailer, the arbiter says to Locke “now you hunt another Spartan, the greatest of your clan”… again referring to the Chief

but Chief was never the fastest, or most skilled soldier out of blue squad or all the Spartans in general? why does he get bestowed with these titles

> 2533274859367731;14:
> “Peace is shattered when colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. And when humanity’s greatest hero goes missing,Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy”… referring to the Chief (tagline for halo 5)
>
> and also in the halo 5 trailer, the arbiter says to Locke “now you hunt another Spartan, the greatest of your clan”… again referring to the Chief
>
> but Chief was never the fastest, or most skilled soldier out of blue squad or all the Spartans in general? why does he get bestowed with these titles

Because he’s the best leader oyt of them and it was him that did basically everything in halo 1,2,3,4.

> 2533274859367731;14:
> “Peace is shattered when colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. And when humanity’s greatest hero goes missing,Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy”… referring to the Chief (tagline for halo 5)
>
> and also in the halo 5 trailer, the arbiter says to Locke “now you hunt another Spartan, the greatest of your clan”… again referring to the Chief
>
> but Chief was never the fastest, or most skilled soldier out of blue squad or all the Spartans in general? why does he get bestowed with these titles

Because actions speak louder than stats. Every other spartan’s record includes destroying a couple of ships, and mostly rescuing people from doomed colonies. For the most part, they were like highly equipped firefighters. Chief went out and saved the galaxy from extinction, twice.

In addition what The Shatinator said. Chief possesses leadership ability and strength of character the other S-II’s lack, and they looked up to him as a leader.

> 2533274964189700;16:
> > 2533274859367731;14:
> > “Peace is shattered when colony worlds are unexpectedly attacked. And when humanity’s greatest hero goes missing,Spartan Locke is tasked with hunting the Master Chief and solving a mystery that threatens the entire galaxy”… referring to the Chief (tagline for halo 5)
> >
> > and also in the halo 5 trailer, the arbiter says to Locke “now you hunt another Spartan, the greatest of your clan”… again referring to the Chief
> >
> > but Chief was never the fastest, or most skilled soldier out of blue squad or all the Spartans in general? why does he get bestowed with these titles
>
>
> Because actions speak louder than stats. Every other spartan’s record includes destroying a couple of ships, and mostly rescuing people from doomed colonies. For the most part, they were like highly equipped firefighters. Chief went out and saved the galaxy from extinction, twice.
>
> In addition what The Shatinator said. Chief possesses leadership ability and strength of character the other S-II’s lack, and they looked up to him as a leader.

I think Fred is pretty close in terms of being a leader.

The following might contain spoilers.

The chief was present at almost all of the crucial battles, but he would not of succeeded by himself. In the original trilogy the chief constantly relied upon his allies to either get him to certain areas or instruct him on how to do something, this doesn’t discredit his actions but its just food for thought.

The following is a small list of acts that although don’t come anywhere close to the chiefs military record did in the end delay humanity’s defeat and allow the chief to succeed and could be a main reason why humanity did win in the end

  • The crew of the spirit of fire stopped the covenant from using a forerunner fleet against humanity which would have led to humanity’s extinction. - The only reason the humans won was because of the elites siding with them for the battle of installation 00 - Blue team on Onyx managed to secure forerunner technology which propelled humanity’s ships and weapons forward (technically happened after the war). - Black team destroyed a covenant fleet above Line installation 1-4. - Jenkins aided in the destruction of the flood infected truth and the reconciliation which could have made its way to earth and infected the entire planet. - Preston Cole won every major military battle he came across which saved countless worlds - Without Noble team the Pillar of Autumn would have been destroyed before it fled reach - Blue team destroyed a large portion of the fleet that was going to be sent to earth in operation first strike (Chief was present but he could not have done it by himself). - The Cole protocol kept earth and her colony’s a secret from the covenant - Hundreds of Spartan IIIs went on suicide missions to destroy key covenant targets. - In Halo Hunters in the dark a group of humans and elites stop the remaining Halos from firing again thus saving everyone in the galaxy from being eradicated.

So when you look at it, the chief would never of got to Halo or the Ark without some key events and a lot of luck which was his main trait as a Spartan along with his leadership ability. Then again Halsey and Mendez said that Fred, Kurt and Jerome had similar or equal leadership ability.