The Hawk from halo wars in halo 4?

Who would love to see this added to halo 4 even if it is to powerful for MM please can we have it for forge 343??

That’s a very good idea, and I don’t think the Sparrowhawk would be very overpowered to be honest, it requires one pilot and one gunner, so it would be between the Falcon and Hornet in power, and I hope they both return as well. Just as long as they have a Covenant equivalent, perhaps the Vampire etc.

What makes the Hawk so different from a Hornet or Falcon? I think there are enough clones out there.

> What makes the Hawk so different from a Hornet or Falcon? I think there are enough clones out there.

Its basically a flying Gauss hog. However I’d say the Lasers would need to be nerfed,or else the Sparrowhawk would be the most overpowered vehicle in the whole game. Imagine the chaos. It’s pretty much more manuverable than a falcon,with the power of a Hornet.

That would be awesome!

Yes please best aircraft bar the Pelican.

Definitely I 100% agree with that idea of bringing the Hawk into Halo 4 multiplayer, it will bring back the feel of driving the halo 3 Hornet but completely upgraded. I think if 343 were to put this awesome vehicle in to the game they should make it a two seater vehicle.

so someone operates the vehicle and shoots the front gun that would be like a warthogs turret but a bit in-accurate so it is not too over powered and someone operates the secondary guns which would be more like a gauss cannon http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/9/98/HReach_-_Gauss_Hog.png but with a much slower rate of fire and movement but with a bigger splash damage radius.

The vehicle would also have to have a low tolerance for weapon fire so it again is not too over powered but the vehicle would not be able to be destroyed by sniper rounds like in reach that would be too weak. Also the person who is the co-pilot does not see the map normally, instead their screen is blue and objects and players on the map light up different colors depending on their status kind of like halo ODST (here is a picture to give you a better picture of what I mean)
http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/visr2.jpg

So neutral vehicles would appear yellow enemies would appear red and allies would appear green but the guns would only be able to lock on to vehicles and not players again to not make it too over powered.

I love forums like this hopefully 343 will take some of these into account. :slight_smile:

To all those saying the Sparrowhawk is overpowered…

Nothing is ever overpowered, providing they can make the right map for the vehicle and they can come up with another anti-vehicle weapon which can either cause significant damage to it’s target or destroy it.

Everyone thought the Falcon would be overpowered before Halo: Reach was released, when in fact, it does have it’s weaknesses. It’s very hard to dodge bullets, it’s gunners are exposed and can be destroyed by two rockets.

They can always even this out for the Sparrowhawk, and even if it isn’t used in Matchmaking, it would always come in handy for my Forge maps.

See i knew people liked the sparrowhawk :slight_smile:

> See i knew people liked the sparrowhawk :slight_smile:

At the end of the day, it’s just variety, why not put the Sparrowhawk, Falcon AND the Hornet as UNSC vehicles in Halo 4? They would all serve a purpose in different maps, for example, the Sparrowhawk would do well in maps with long sight lines but also large open spaces, the Falcon would be best in maps similar to the Spire from Halo: Reach, and the Hornet would be best for the classical dogfights with the Banshee.

Same with the Covenant, we’ve only been able to pilot one air-based Covenant vehicle, why not bring some more vehicles for them in Halo 4? Like the Vampire, the Seraph etc.

> > See i knew people liked the sparrowhawk :slight_smile:
>
> At the end of the day, it’s just variety, why not put the Sparrowhawk, Falcon AND the Hornet as UNSC vehicles in Halo 4? They would all serve a purpose in different maps, for example, the Sparrowhawk would do well in maps with long sight lines but also large open spaces, the Falcon would be best in maps similar to the Spire from Halo: Reach, and the Hornet would be best for the classical dogfights with the Banshee.
>
> Same with the Covenant, we’ve only been able to pilot one air-based Covenant vehicle, why not bring some more vehicles for them in Halo 4? Like the Vampire, the Seraph etc.

True…

You see, there are different types of vehicles in Halo, light-armour (Warthog & Revenant), heavy armour (Wraith & Scorpion), light air vehicles (Falcon & Banshee) and high-speed transportation (Mongoose & Ghost), but what stops 343i bringing in more types? Like air-transportation (Pelican & Phantom & Spirit), mobile base (Elephant & Shadow) and fighter craft (Sabre & Seraph). They CAN be brought into the multiplayer for Halo 4, just as long as they keep it fair, maybe tweak the guns slightly, and give both teams the significant amount of power which can bring down these vehicles.

Based off the original thread by spoog911

Introduction
For anybody who played Halo Wars, you will probably remember a UNSC vehicle known as the Sparrowhawk. The Sparrowhawk was a small sized Gunship used by the UNSC as of 2531. It has Duel Ducted Air Fans similar to the Hornet from Halo 3. The size of the vehicle appears to be similar to the size of the Falcon from Halo: Reach although it appears to be more slender in appearance and less ‘boxxy’.

The armament of the Sparrowhawk includes two twin autocannons that fire on it’s prey. It also includes a Spartan Laser located on the nose of the vehicle.

Integration into Halo 4?
What I am proposing, is that this vehicle can make it’s second debut in Halo 4 as a drivable vehicle in campaign or multiplayer or even both. Many people have told me, however, that this vehicle is overpowered. But I believe nothing is ever too overpowered providing there is some form of countermeasure for the other team so they can escape the terror of the vehicle or possibly engage in fights with it in the air. Which is why I am proposing for a new vehicle for the Covenant should they make a return for Halo 4.

Even if a new vehicle from the Covenant is introduced to Halo 4 as a countermeasure to this Sparrowhawk, there will still be the issue of unfairness. Which is why I propose that the Spartan Laser be removed from the nose, and the Autocannons become fully manual cannons which can be operated by a gunner. So overall, this vehicle requires one pilot and one gunner. For me, I think this is fair, because in Halo: Reach, me and my friend are the only people who use the Falcon, which, as many already know, has two machine gun turrets.

Please let me know as to what you think of my idea, and many thanks to spoog911 for creating the original thread.

You could just switch the Spartan laser-nose to a machinegun-nose in multiplayer. And keep the laser for the campaign( along with missiles, machineguns under the wings).

Yes. I would like that, very much :slight_smile:

@ODST1337

That’s a good idea, similar to what they did with the Falcon. Although, another idea I came up with would be so that when you place vehicles like the Warthog for example, there isn’t a list of different variants in the Item Menu, but you choose what turret to go on the Warthog via ‘Item Options’ or something. The same could apply to the Sparrowhawk for Multiplayer.

*Sigh

Halo Wars isn’t actually ‘canon’ for the Halo Universe. Plus, how will the Chief and Cortana come across any of these new vehicles if they weren’t in Halo 3?

[Spoiler Alert]

Dr. Halsey and the last of the Spartans certainly didn’t have access to anything like this when they entered the Shield World.

[/Spoiler Alert]

This is similar to the Chief waking up with all new armor… nobody liked the idea of random spontaneous upgrades that make no sense. I’m not saying that it would be a great and fun vehicle. It just wouldn’t make sense, and would only serve to take away from the game.

@Mikal7

How is it not canon? Halo Wars is definately canon to the whole trilogy.

And if you say it wouldn’t make sense if the Sparrowhawk made an appearance in Halo 4, then why did the Revenant, Falcon, Rocket Hog, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Needle Rifle and Plasma Repeater appear in Halo: Reach which is set before Halo: Combat Evolved?

Things change, there were probably reasons as to why the Falcon and Revenant didn’t appear in Halo 3, perhaps they weren’t currently suitable for the type of missions the Covenant were involved in. Perhaps the Hornet’s were the best candidates for air support at the time. Or maybe even the Sparrowhawks were in service. Who knows? There are other ways to get by it.

> *Sigh
>
> Halo Wars isn’t actually ‘canon’ for the Halo Universe. Plus, how will the Chief and Cortana come across any of these new vehicles if they weren’t in Halo 3?
>
>
> [Spoiler Alert]
>
> Dr. Halsey and the last of the Spartans certainly didn’t have access to anything like this when they entered the Shield World.
>
> [/Spoiler Alert]
>
>
> This is similar to the Chief waking up with all new armor… nobody liked the idea of random spontaneous upgrades that make no sense. I’m not saying that it would be a great and fun vehicle. It just wouldn’t make sense, and would only serve to take away from the game.

First it does not have to be in campaign, It could just be in multiplayer and forge. and we don’t even know if it really is onyx chief is drifting towards .

Frankie said in some inter view during E3 that there was an explanation for the chiefs new armour.

You guys are forgeting about Vultures :stuck_out_tongue: