The Harvester on Spartan Ops...

I was wondering…the big spider-like tank called the Harvester on one of the missions on Spartan Ops. What kind of tank is it? Is it an ancient Forerunner battle vehicle? Or an abandoned Covenant battle vehicle?

“The Type-58 Ultra-Heavy Site Excavator/Embedded, also known as the Sbaolekgolo to the Covenant or Harvester to the UNSC, is a gigantic six-legged vehicle first introduced in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops chapter Switchback. Similar to the Scarab, it is controlled by a crew of Sbaolekgolo worms and is used for mining operations. Fireteam Crimson was sent to investigate the Harvester after the disappearance of Fireteam Switchback with nothing left but their IFF tags. Crimson disabled the Harvester, but the site was retaken sometime later by the Covenant. After finding out the true purpose of the vehicle (to find a Forerunner artifact), Crimson had to re-enable the device so Infinity could escape Requiem.”

Source: Type-58 Ultra-Heavy Site Excavator/Embedded | Halo Alpha | Fandom

if the harvester was controlled my hunter worms(like the scarab) then why did it need a power core?

The Scarab also had a power core. While I can’t find any references explaining why, I would assume it is to power the armaments.

Maybe the power core feeds the worms or something. Could just be a plothole.

> 2533274910556989;2:
> “The Type-58 Ultra-Heavy Site Excavator/Embedded, also known as the Sbaolekgolo to the Covenant or Harvester to the UNSC, is a gigantic six-legged vehicle first introduced in the Halo 4 Spartan Ops chapter Switchback. Similar to the Scarab, it is controlled by a crew of Sbaolekgolo worms and is used for mining operations. Fireteam Crimson was sent to investigate the Harvester after the disappearance of Fireteam Switchback with nothing left but their IFF tags. Crimson disabled the Harvester, but the site was retaken sometime later by the Covenant. After finding out the true purpose of the vehicle (to find a Forerunner artifact), Crimson had to re-enable the device so Infinity could escape Requiem.”
>
> Source: Type-58 Ultra-Heavy Site Excavator/Embedded | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Ok…so it’s a variant from a Scarab.

Interesting, never knew the scarab or harvester ran by a set of worms.

It’s a huge drill