The happy thread

I know internet law dictates that any forum for an MMO should be used exclusively for weapon balance butt-hurt, complaining that the older games were better and making empty threats to quit but… I’m kinda bored of all that. Shall we have a thread where we talk about the nice things in Halo 4?

Personally I’m loving the Dominion game set. Even if the rest of the team runs off I can camp down like Macaulay Culkin, prepare for the inevitable assault and actually make a difference to the team outcome. This is my house, I have to defend it!!

Also, a little bit of love over here for Pulse Grenades too! They do what they do and we should appreciate them for that!

PS. I know this is a fool’s errand but what the heck! Worth a try.

A lot of love for the pulse grenades please, they deserve it! :smiley:

Except from that, Halo 4 is a great game and I’m having so much fun (SR 68 now).

Halo 4 is amazing, this thread is amazing, i love you.

I’m thoroughly enjoying the hell out of halo 4… my only complaint is the random lag. Last night I was booted out of two matches (non consecutively). I checked my internet connection and speeds immediately following, restarted my router / xbox / modem the first time, then it randomly happened again 4 matches later. It’s rather irritating… but whatever. I still love the game.

With the caveats that I don’t consider this an MMO and I don’t want to call people butthurt, I agree. This is actually my favorite Halo since CE to be totally honest. o_o

Pulse grenades work as I thought they were intended - area of effect to deny enemies entry into choke points and the like.

As I keep saying, the game really does feel like Halo to me. If anything, it feels like they epitomized everything I loved about Halo, with a few exceptions. But I completely understand and accept people’s criticisms as well.

> I know internet law dictates that any forum for an MMO should be used exclusively for weapon balance butt-hurt, complaining that the older games were better and making empty threats to quit but… I’m kinda bored of all that. Shall we have a thread where we talk about the nice things in Halo 4?
>
> Personally I’m loving the Dominion game set. Even if the rest of the team runs off I can camp down like Macaulay Culkin, prepare for the inevitable assault and actually make a difference to the team outcome. This is my house, I have to defend it!!
>
> Also, a little bit of love over here for Pulse Grenades too.
>
>
>
> PS. I know this is a fool’s errand but what the heck! Worth a try.

This.

> Halo 4 is amazing, this thread is amazing, i love you.

> I’m thoroughly enjoying the hell out of halo 4… my only complaint is the random lag. Last night I was booted out of two matches (non consecutively). I checked my internet connection and speeds immediately following, restarted my router / xbox / modem the first time, then it randomly happened again 4 matches later. It’s rather irritating… but whatever. I still love the game.

Oddly enough I had the same thing for a couple of days. I’m putting it down to teething issues though as usually the latency is fine on my end.

Wraith + Dominion = Happy Campers

I love almost everything, people need to remember why they complain about things,

EX: You’re complaining about radar in team snipers, remember that you’re complaining about it because you love team snipers, and that’s what is important.

People get so caught up in complaining that they forget why they’re doing it.

Great thread btw

I have to say, I do love Pulse Grenades, especially when used against people who underestimate them.
They don’t understand the true power of the Pulse grenade.

“Hey, what is this thing? Get it off of me!
It’s the Happy Helmet Ren. Now, you’ll always be happy.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9R09GVzTCA

I have loved every single Halo game that came. Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, and 4. Every single one.

Also, I love lamp.

I like the custom primary weapons. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to spawn with a Carbine, Plasma Repeater, or Needle Rifle, being a huge Covie fan boy, and now I can. (Though it’s a little fruitless with the DMR being, well, the DMR).

I like Spartan Ops. I don’t really care that they re-use geometry. The new fiction every week, and fun Coop times with my friends really makes it lovable.

I too, am thankful for Pulse Grenades. I used one for a nice and easy triple kill a while back and it was awesome. And combining the Pulse Grenade and Carbine generally gets me at least one nice kill before the DMR overpowers me :P.

And I thought the Campaign was really good once you got past the first 2 missions. Alot of the visuals in the first mission were just too… Silly/Cartoony (such as pretty much everything with the Covenant Banshees, Phantoms, and Mini CCS ships).

And the opening of the second mission, seeing goofy cartoony Covenant in such a serious setting was… painful.

The only other part I wasn’t big on was mission 3, where you are escaping in the ghost and for whatever reason, there are these long lines of cartoony grunts to mow over comically… It was pointless, Halo CE did it much better where we saw Covies, Sentinels, and Flood fighting everywhere.

Those things aside, it was fantastic.

Yeah, I gotta say, Spartan Ops is one of the things I love most about this game. I know people are hung up on the reused levels, etc. but… people do realize that’s what allows it to be FREE right? 50 free missions in total? That’s a lot of supplemental, FREE content, and the co-op on Legendary in these is some of the most fun I’ve had in a long time in a game.

Not to mention, as someone who devours Halo books, movies, comics, etc. the storyline is great. And I keep wondering if Halsey survives or not. Wouldn’t it be ironic and a bit tragic if Halsey was right there on Requiem the whole time Chief and Cortana were trying to get off of it to save her?

I love Halo 4 so far. Sure, it has a few quirks, but so does every game. Thanks for making the happy thread, man.

My favorite part of the game so far is Spartan Ops. Replay value is increased so much by it.

Thanks for this post.

I really like Halo 4. Period.

> I have loved every single Halo game that came. Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, and 4. Every single one.
>
> Also, I love lamp.

This.

Wish you spawned with 2 pulse grenades though :(.

> Wish you spawned with 2 pulse grenades though :(.

Use the grenadier upgrade. :smiley: