The Halsey-Jul Alliance

By now, I’m sure most of us know that Dr. Halsey has gone off with Jul 'Mdama after a (poor) assassination attempt ordered by ONI.

Now, we have probably the most brilliant mind mankind has seen at the time and a rogue Sangheili commander leading a rag-tag army bent on annihilating humanity.

What do you guys think is going to happen?

There are many avenues and factors that are present.

-Conflict between Jul and Halsey over who to kill. (I’m sure Halsey would only like to focus on ONI, while Jul would want to take down the Infinity and kill as many humans as possible.)

-More conflict with Jul and Halsey over Jul’s beliefs. What if Halsey begins to tell Jul about the truth? How ONI was behind the Infinity’s flight to Sangheilios (that ultimately ended up in it taking down some cruisers with Jul’s wife aboard.) That ONI had imprisoned her. That ONI wanted the Sangheili wiped out. That ONI was gaining more and more control, and that it was mistrusted by many humans. (How she would get the info on Infinity’s flight to Sanghielios along with their intentions, I do not know.) Hell, it was ONI that was holding Jul prisoner on Trevelyan.

-The Janus Key. I’m sure that Halsey wants to get the other half of it back into human hands, but not ONI. Jul wants the other half for himself as well. He’d probably try to find a Forerunner fleet and attack Earth (like how The Prophet of Regret found a fleet in the shield world in Halo Wars.)

-And if Chief and Blue Team are sent after them, Halsey probably won’t want any harm toward her Spartans. And I don’t think they could go through with killing her anyway.

I may have gotten off topic, but there’s a lot of potential with this alliance between Halsey and Jul.

I haven’t seen any indication that Jul is planning to attack humanity as a whole. He and Halsey interest seem to be with ONI as halsey would not let him attach Earth.

> I haven’t seen any indication that Jul is planning to attack humanity as a whole. He and Halsey interest seem to be with ONI as halsey would not let him attach Earth.

Where’s ONI HQ again? Isn’t it on Earth?

I think that could pose some issues.

That would make no strategic sense for it to be on earth if you really think about that.

I like 343i and all but they made Dr. Halsey look like such a -Yoink- in Halo 4. She’s the -Yoinking!- reason the humans won the war against the Covenant.

CASTLE Base on Reach was ONI’s primary HQ. That is gone now so I would say they set up base somewhere else since then. Or they could just continue to operate out of HIGHCOM Facility Bravo-6 on Earth.

> I like 343i and all but they made Dr. Halsey look like such a -Yoink!- in Halo 4. She’s the -Yoinking!- reason the humans won the war against the Covenant.

Or she could be playing Jul for all he’s worth because she gains literally nothing out of an alliance with him and in fact only loses everything in the end any way.

> I like 343i and all but they made Dr. Halsey look like such a -Yoink!- in Halo 4. She’s the -Yoinking!- reason the humans won the war against the Covenant.

No, the Prophet of Truth was.

Anyway, OP, you bring up a good point regarding ONI. It would create an interesting scenario if Halsey was able to talk Jul into realising that ONI, not the entirety of humanity, are a threat to his people and they begin undermining their operations.

I don’t think Halsey resents all of humanity like Jul does. She’s likely just playing the alliance for all its worth, and that is to enact revenge against ONI for scapegoating her, making her a war criminal and even attempting to have her killed. She obviously can’t take ONI alone; she needs her own factions, and Jul with his Covenant Remnant can provide just that.

We’ll probably see her manipulate Jul and his forces. Encourage them to take missions against ONI, and not the whole of the UNSC and humanity. After all there’s no reason for her to take all humans. She, her friends, and her relatives are mostly comprised of humans.

> > I like 343i and all but they made Dr. Halsey look like such a -Yoink!- in Halo 4. She’s the -Yoinking!- reason the humans won the war against the Covenant.
>
> Or she could be playing Jul for all he’s worth because she gains literally nothing out of an alliance with him and in fact only loses everything in the end any way.

Might want to think about that.

She’ll probably play Jul throughout Halo 5, and he’ll probably play her as well. They’ll both gain, and one will probably get all of their use out of the other then “betray” them.
In the end ONI will probably no longer exist and Jul will have his revenge. The covie will probably team up with the UNSC to take down whatever Forerunner tries to exterminate them.
That’s my over-generalized end to the series.

They will make elite super soldiers

There is no alliance. Halsey is obviously tricking Jul. That or she’s using him to take down ONI, who deserves it.

What do you guys think would happen if Blue Team was sent in to kill Halsey? Do you think they could go through with it?

Maybe ONI can get the Arbiter to help eliminate them both.

> What do you guys think would happen if Blue Team was sent in to kill Halsey? Do you think they could go through with it?

No way, not with everything they’ve gone through together. I would like to call it the Cortana Effect and seeing how she influenced John to think for himself and his role as a Spartan. Also demonstrated when he refused to let Cortana go to Del Rio.

Same I think goes with Halsey and her effect on her Spartans.

> There is no alliance. Halsey is obviously tricking Jul. That or she’s using him to take down ONI, who deserves it.

How is she tricking him to do something he wants to do?

Eh, it’s just Halsey tricking him. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the worst she’s going to do is give the Elites the coordinates to Osman’s summer beach-house. Maybe carve “ONI sux” on the moon. She’ll get on his good side with more “Grr, I lost an arm, I hate the UNSC” jazz, he’ll give her more freedom, she’ll upload a virus that shuts down his whole fleet and hightail it with a small ship and the Key, Chief teabags a Grunt somewhere, everyone’s happy.

> I haven’t seen any indication that Jul is planning to attack humanity as a whole. He and Halsey interest seem to be with ONI as halsey would not let him attach Earth.

His “Humans cannot be trusted/are like the Flood except worse/will try to kill us all, so let’s kill them all first” mindset in Glasslands and Thursday War seemed pretty indicative that, given the chance, he’d blow earth away the first chance he got.

Yet he just said he wanted revenge once he found out his wife was killed. In the game does he show any outright zealous hatred of humans? He treated Glassman with the utmost respect and considering that he is iunno working with a human i doubt he is going to kill them all.

> > What do you guys think would happen if Blue Team was sent in to kill Halsey? Do you think they could go through with it?
>
> No way, not with everything they’ve gone through together. I would like to call it the Cortana Effect and seeing how she influenced John to think for himself and his role as a Spartan. Also demonstrated when he refused to let Cortana go to Del Rio.
>
> Same I think goes with Halsey and her effect on her Spartans.

I could imagine the scene where Blue Team is sent in to Jul’s fleet in order to kill a high value target that they weren’t told anything about. Just that it was a human.

And when they’d finally breach the room that she’s held up in, I can just imagine the confusion, sadness, doubt, and refusal to harm her.