The Halo Waypoint Forum's-Tweaked TU Slayer is Here!

Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).

After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!

One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.

Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.

• 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
  • 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
  • 120% player speed
  • 125% jump height
  • 150% Gravity

Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”

Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.

Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.

> Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).
>
> After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!
>
> One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.
>
> Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.
>
> - 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
> - 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
> - 120% player speed
> - 125% jump height
> - 150% Gravity
>
> Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
> All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”
>
> Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.
>
>
> Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.

Cool beans bro! Can you put those videos on youtube or something because I don’t have Bungie Pro.

Aw…I was kinda hoping that the community would decide on not-DMR starts. The Pistol is so awesome at that perfect mid-close range.

Good to know a standard has been set though.

Edit: I played DMR starts on BTB…It did not go well. Pistol starts on BTB for sure.

> > Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).
> >
> > After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!
> >
> > One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.
> >
> > Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.
> >
> > - 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
> > - 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
> > - 120% player speed
> > - 125% jump height
> > - 150% Gravity
> >
> > Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
> > All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”
> >
> > Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.
> >
> >
> > Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.
>
> Cool beans bro! Can you put those videos on youtube or something because I don’t have Bungie Pro.

No I’m afraid, I thought I had enough to get some more render minutes but I didn’t have enough, you can download it to your xbox though and view it that way, Probably better too since you can change perpectives using theater mode.

> Aw…I was kinda hoping that the community would decide on not-DMR starts. The Pistol is so awesome at that perfect mid-close range.
>
> Good to know a standard has been set though.
>
> Edit: I played DMR starts on BTB…It did not go well. Pistol starts on BTB for sure.

There is a Magnum only spawn video in the Link, it wazza hella lota fun! I got to say, We played it on a 6v6 on sword base, it was messy lolololol.

> > > Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).
> > >
> > > After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!
> > >
> > > One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.
> > >
> > > Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.
> > >
> > > - 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
> > > - 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
> > > - 120% player speed
> > > - 125% jump height
> > > - 150% Gravity
> > >
> > > Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
> > > All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”
> > >
> > > Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.
> > >
> > >
> > > Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.
> >
> > Cool beans bro! Can you put those videos on youtube or something because I don’t have Bungie Pro.
>
> No I’m afraid, I thought I had enough to get some more render minutes but I didn’t have enough, you can download it to your xbox though and view it that way, Probably better too since you can change perpectives using theater mode.

I can capture it for you if you want

If you can Capture it that would be great!. If you do though, could you please post me a linky to put in the main topic along with your credits. :]

Cheers.

Now testing…

> If you can Capture it that would be great!. If you do though, could you please post me a linky to put in the main topic along with your credits. :]
>
>
> Cheers.

K ill try to capture it tonight and put it on my channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/zues975?feature=mhee

> > If you can Capture it that would be great!. If you do though, could you please post me a linky to put in the main topic along with your credits. :]
> >
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> K ill try to capture it tonight and put it on my channel.
> http://www.youtube.com/user/zues975?feature=mhee

Excellent, Nice one.

Im also going to try out this gametype

Sorry for the delay. Do you want me to capture the gametype now?

> Sorry for the delay. Do you want me to capture the gametype now?

Yes please if you still can, would be great thanks.

I am not too fond of the 50% melee damage. I tried 90% and it feels ALOT better. It feels like how Halo 3’s melee system was. I love how you can put 3 shots into a sprinter with the DMR and as he’s coming right at you, you both melee each other, leaving him looking at his death cam while I’m still alive loling.

> Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).
>
> After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!
>
> One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.
>
> Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.
>
> - 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
> - 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
> - 120% player speed
> - 125% jump height
> - 150% Gravity
>
> Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
> All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”
>
> Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.
>
>
> Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.

you realize halos 1, 2, 3, AND reach were 2 melee kills right?

ok, i lied. halo 1 was ONE AR BULLET and 2 melees.

3 melee kills feels incredibly clunky for me, on top of it not being ‘halo’. the main reason 3 melee kills were used in things like MLG was because of no-bleed, so people dont double derp instead of actually shooting. now that melees bleedthru, there really isnt much of a reason to not have 2 melee kills at 75, or 100% melee damage (probably the former).

> I am not too fond of the 50% melee damage. I tried 90% and it feels ALOT better. It feels like how Halo 3’s melee system was. I love how you can put 3 shots into a sprinter with the DMR and as he’s coming right at you, you both melee each other, leaving him looking at his death cam while I’m still alive loling.

yea. im loving this too. now players using hilarious tactics like the

SEE DUDE! SPRINT + DOUBLE MELEE!

will get owned by people actually ghasp SHOOTING in a first person shooter!

> > Hello guys, I’ve been playing custom game on Halo: Reach with the new bloomless slayer gametype for about 14 hours straight now with the lovely guys and gals from the Halo Waypoint Forums!!! ( Ooo Rahh! ).
> >
> > After many, Many tweaks and idea swapping we’ve finally settled on a set of options and variables to get the most out of Bloomless Slayer!
> >
> > One thing we agreed on is that spawning with A DMR AND a magnum made the gameplay a little to hectic, Either spawning with either one, or spawning with the DMR and have the Magnum as a Semi-power weapon pickup works best.
> >
> > Also we made tweaks to the general settings, these include.
> >
> > - 50% Melle ( it’s still a two hit melle at 75%, 50% feels just right )
> > - 150% Shield Recharge Rate.
> > - 120% player speed
> > - 125% jump height
> > - 150% Gravity
> >
> > Loadouts were also removed so instead everyone spawns currently at default with a DMR, AR, 2X Frag and sprint so everyone spawns on even footing.
> > All these settings can be downloaded Pre-configured here under “Bloomless Slayer DMR’s”
> >
> > Video’s of these settings can also be found here along with the Custom map I knocked up for the TU, which is featured in the “AXEL BASE” video, can be downloaded too, if you so desire.
> >
> >
> > Plus I’d like to just Thank everyone at 343 for working so Hard and I commerate your efforts and so does the Halo Waypoint Forums!! ( Pretty much!! ) :P.
>
> you realize halos 1, 2, 3, AND reach were 2 melee kills right?
>
> ok, i lied. halo 1 was ONE AR BULLET and 2 melees.
>
> 3 melee kills feels incredibly clunky for me, on top of it not being ‘halo’. the main reason 3 melee kills were used in things like MLG was because of no-bleed, so people dont double derp instead of actually shooting. now that melees bleedthru, there really isnt much of a reason to not have 2 melee kills at 75, or 100% melee damage (probably the former).

Hello,

Just read your post and I understand where you are coming from. My idea for this gametype was for it to be mainly focused on gun play, Two hit melles oupled with the default sprint loadout was still granting people quick and easy kills, some suggested removing the radar, But I disagree to removing a mechainc which has been in since the first Halo, three hit melles felt just right, yes I agree two hit melles would be better if Sprint wasn’t featured, but in this iteration it is, and two hit melles proved to be too strong.

Although you can still effectively triple beat down people though, I just made melle take a back seat to gunfights, so melle is more of a optional/last resort means of inflicting damage/scoring a kill.