The Halo Triangle is the Key to Balanced Gameplay

Halo Triangle:
Melee
Weapon
Grenades

It was a major reason why Halo:CE was competive and games were decided on skill.

Halo 2 failed with a “4th Element”, Dual-Wielding.
Halo 3 failed with a “4th Element”, Equipment.
Halo: Reach failed with a “4th Element”, Armor Abilities.

The 4th Element has always taken away a piece of the Triangle during gameplay. The 4th Element should always be the Skill the player brings to the battle.

Dual wielding doesn’t break the triangle.

Wouldn’t dual wielding fall under the category of weapons? Also, you can’t spawn with equipment, so it didn’t affect the triangle too much if at all.

You failed with H2 and H3.

They still had the Triangle in them.

Reach however, does not.

Actually, most people accepted dual welding in Halo 2.

Well dual wielding could be argued for as it created interesting weapon combinations, but yeah equipment and some of the AA’s were completely game-breaking as loadouts and unecessary additions to the game. I would of liked to see them build more on the golden triangle and game depth skillsets rather than add those gimmicks to the game and screw up the balance and flow of the game.

Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.

Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).

> Well dual wielding could be argued for as it created interesting weapon combinations, but yeah equipment and some of the AA’s were completely game-breaking as loadouts and unecessary additions to the game. I would of liked to see them build more on the golden triangle and game depth skillsets rather than add those gimmicks to the game and screw up the balance and flow of the game.

Equipment didn’t because they were balanced, one time use, and to be controlled like power weapons, not spawned with, where as AA’s are multi-use, anyone can spawn with any one of them at any time, and some are entirely unbalanced. On that list, only AA’s broke the triangle.

Anything that you’re spawn with that isn’t Melee, Grenades or a Gun, breaks the triangle.

But that isn’t bad if the 4th element takes skill to use.

I don’t want sprint as default for Halo 4, I want something new and skillful :smiley:

> Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.
>
> Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).

With dual wielding, you had to sacrifice the use of grenades to have extra damage from weapons.

P.S. How the hell did gravity lift nulify melee?

> Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.
>
> Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).

It’s not like you can’t just drop the second weapon and toss a grenade in one fluid motion when dual wielding. Therefore, since you still have grenades, just can’t use them until dropping the other weapon, it doesn’t break it. As far as equipment, they were deployed so quickly, it didn’t matter that for that split second you couldn’t use your weapon or melee when doing so, and most if not all equipment could be destroyed by a weapon or melee anyways.

> > Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.
> >
> > Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).
>
> With dual wielding, you had to sacrifice the use of grenades to have extra damage from weapons.
>
> P.S. How the hell did gravity lift nulify melee?

I see it as the same way the Jet-Pack works, it nullifies Melee.

> >
> > Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).
>
> It’s not like you can’t just drop the second weapon and toss a grenade in one fluid motion when dual wielding. Therefore, since you still have grenades, just can’t use them until dropping the other weapon, it doesn’t break it. As far as equipment, they were deployed so quickly, it didn’t matter that for that split second you couldn’t use your weapon or melee when doing so, and most if not all equipment could be destroyed by a weapon or melee anyways.

If I’m 20 feet away and my opponent drops a Bubble Shield the Triangle has just become broken as the Weapon is nullified between the two.

> > > Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.
> > >
> > > Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).
> >
> > With dual wielding, you had to sacrifice the use of grenades to have extra damage from weapons.
> >
> > P.S. How the hell did gravity lift nulify melee?
>
> I see it as the same way the Jet-Pack works, it nullifies Melee.

Nobody really used it that way though. They used it for movement, not melee protection.

> > > > Dual-Wielding broke the Grenade piece.
> > > >
> > > > Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).
> > >
> > > With dual wielding, you had to sacrifice the use of grenades to have extra damage from weapons.
> > >
> > > P.S. How the hell did gravity lift nulify melee?
> >
> > I see it as the same way the Jet-Pack works, it nullifies Melee.
>
> Nobody really used it that way though. They used it for movement, not melee protection.

Artificial high-ground takes away Melee when skill using the Halo Triangle should take away Melee because the better player/team won higher ground.

> >
>
> With dual wielding, you had to sacrifice the use of grenades to have extra damage from weapons.
>
> P.S. How the hell did gravity lift nulify melee?

Good point as Dual-Wielding could be argued it broke the Weapon piece into literally 50% weapon strength.

> > >
> > > Equipment broke the Weapon piece (Bubble Shield nullified Weapon, Gravity Lift nullified Melee, etc.).
> >
> > It’s not like you can’t just drop the second weapon and toss a grenade in one fluid motion when dual wielding. Therefore, since you still have grenades, just can’t use them until dropping the other weapon, it doesn’t break it. As far as equipment, they were deployed so quickly, it didn’t matter that for that split second you couldn’t use your weapon or melee when doing so, and most if not all equipment could be destroyed by a weapon or melee anyways.
>
> If I’m 20 feet away and my opponent drops a Bubble Shield the Triangle has just become broken as the Weapon is nullified between the two.

Well don’t just sit there admiring the bubble shield then, use the environment to your advantage. Get around him. Go charging into the shield guns blazing. Grab a hog and run him over. You still have a weapon you can use after all too, it’s just a matter of moving a little and getting back to using it, or selecting a new target.

> > >
> >
> > It’s not like you can’t just drop the second weapon and toss a grenade in one fluid motion when dual wielding. Therefore, since you still have grenades, just can’t use them until dropping the other weapon, it doesn’t break it. As far as equipment, they were deployed so quickly, it didn’t matter that for that split second you couldn’t use your weapon or melee when doing so, and most if not all equipment could be destroyed by a weapon or melee anyways.
>
> If I’m 20 feet away and my opponent drops a Bubble Shield the Triangle has just become broken as the Weapon is nullified between the two.

They can’t use weapon’s either though, so the triangle is upheld. If it’s still even, then the triangle is not disrupted. Jet Pack changes grenades, as the jet packer can throw grenades effectively, while the person on the grounds grenades are next to useless. However, the opportunity to use jet pack is present for both players, so a fourth point could be added, although that one is more choice based.

> > Well dual wielding could be argued for as it created interesting weapon combinations, but yeah equipment and some of the AA’s were completely game-breaking as loadouts and unecessary additions to the game. I would of liked to see them build more on the golden triangle and game depth skillsets rather than add those gimmicks to the game and screw up the balance and flow of the game.
>
> Equipment didn’t because they were balanced, one time use, and to be controlled like power weapons, not spawned with, where as AA’s are multi-use, anyone can spawn with any one of them at any time, and some are entirely unbalanced. On that list, only AA’s broke the triangle.

Equipment was half-way accepted because they were not as prevalent in the game as AA’s are and as you said were pick-ups. They still were gimmicks and cheap, a guy picks up a regenerator and throws it down and he automatically wins that fight, or a guy throws a power drain over the hill taking down your shields instantly giving him free cheap kills. A kid who never played the game before could throw down a regenrator and out-BR you because of it, just like some of the AA’s they were casual game mechanics to close the skill gap and give kids cheap thrills.

I agree both players Triangles are broken with the Bubble Shield but I believe the Triangle should never be broken due to a 4th Element other than Skill.