The Halo Movie

The infamous plans for a Halo movie have been in developement hell for years. Partially due to lack of production interest and funding. Not to mention video game movies have a less than stellar track record. Halo: Legends, and Halo: Faith ( a fan-film) however, show that there is enough basis and interest for a Halo movie.

A Live-action one is unlikely, given funding costs, and the resources necessary. A full theatrical release is also unlikely.

However, a CGI-based movie (think the Halo Wars cutscenes, not Legends for that) would be possible, and potentially more suitable for the Halo audience. While CGI is relatively expensive, in comparison to that required for a decent action movie, it’d preferable. No need for on-location shooting, or props or anything similar. Not to mention you can do things with CGI you cant with live-action.

In terms of actual distribution, it could be given a limited theatrical run, streamed on Waypoint for a limited time, then went direct to dvd and download.

That’s just the logistical side though. A decent movie would require a good script with actual characters, an interesting story. They’d probably need to create a new continuity for it to be any decent in terms of scale.

Just my two cents.

343 honestly has done the closest thing to a Halo Movie, sure I don’t mean a Live Action thing but they were in cahoots with Halo Legends and that was pretty epic. Especially the music.

If 343 does ever decide to make a live action movie I hope they don’t pull a Doom on us, everyone remembers how that turned out, the hammy acting of Dwayne Johnson topped off with the…“special effects” that made my 5 year old nephew’s drawings look like the Mona Lisa.

But seriously, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary is coming this year and Halo 4 in the next year, 343 have pretty much given the Halo fans what they were screaming about since the very beginning of the Xbox 360, I am sure somewhere in the future we may just see that Halo Movie we all want so badly…and if not…Halo 4 bro…Halo 4.

BLUEBERRY!

Well there are two fan films this year,

FAITH

Three Spartan II’s defending power generation on the planet Reach. Halo: Faith is distributed with Machinima.com from their Youtube channel. Designers from movies such as, Avatar and The Hulk are working on the project to bring Halo Faith to life as we all drool over the series

Operation Chastity

Operation Chastity is a planned film set in the Halo universe, centring on a platoon of Recon Marines of the 267th Marine Regiment. They operate in Argentina within a UNSC cordon, set up around the wreckage of the CCS-class battlecruiser “Chaste Ascendancy” following its crash-landing on Earth. Operation Chastity is their last mission in this forgotten part of the Human-Covenant War.

> 343 honestly has done the closest thing to a Halo Movie, sure I don’t mean a Live Action thing but they were in cahoots with Halo Legends and that was pretty epic. Especially the music.
>
> If 343 does ever decide to make a live action movie I hope they don’t pull a Doom on us, everyone remembers how that turned out, the hammy acting of Dwayne Johnson topped off with the…“special effects” that made my 5 year old nephew’s drawings look like the Mona Lisa.
>
> But seriously, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary is coming this year and Halo 4 in the next year, 343 have pretty much given the Halo fans what they were screaming about since the very beginning of the Xbox 360, I am sure somewhere in the future we may just see that Halo Movie we all want so badly…and if not…Halo 4 bro…Halo 4.
>
> BLUEBERRY!

That’s kinda my point. The success of Halo: Legends, along with the interest in the Fan films mean that there IS interest for a Halo film. The issue is that there’s not enough interest outside the fanbase for a film, therefore there’s less liklihood of Microsoft going for a full live-action flim. However, a CGI that goes for DVD and Download would be a good investment and a format for a Halo film.

> > 343 honestly has done the closest thing to a Halo Movie, sure I don’t mean a Live Action thing but they were in cahoots with Halo Legends and that was pretty epic. Especially the music.
> >
> > If 343 does ever decide to make a live action movie I hope they don’t pull a Doom on us, everyone remembers how that turned out, the hammy acting of Dwayne Johnson topped off with the…“special effects” that made my 5 year old nephew’s drawings look like the Mona Lisa.
> >
> > But seriously, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary is coming this year and Halo 4 in the next year, 343 have pretty much given the Halo fans what they were screaming about since the very beginning of the Xbox 360, I am sure somewhere in the future we may just see that Halo Movie we all want so badly…and if not…Halo 4 bro…Halo 4.
> >
> > BLUEBERRY!
>
> That’s kinda my point. The success of Halo: Legends, along with the interest in the Fan films mean that there IS interest for a Halo film. The issue is that there’s not enough interest outside the fanbase for a film, therefore there’s less liklihood of Microsoft going for a full live-action flim. However, a CGI that goes for DVD and Download would be a good investment and a format for a Halo film.

You’re making a mistake, remember that Halo is SciFi, I promise that if the budget of the movie is about Star Wars movies, It WILL be Box Offices No.1 for a whole year!

I have mixed feelings about Faith. But, Operation Chastity looks promising, so far.

> > > 343 honestly has done the closest thing to a Halo Movie, sure I don’t mean a Live Action thing but they were in cahoots with Halo Legends and that was pretty epic. Especially the music.
> > >
> > > If 343 does ever decide to make a live action movie I hope they don’t pull a Doom on us, everyone remembers how that turned out, the hammy acting of Dwayne Johnson topped off with the…“special effects” that made my 5 year old nephew’s drawings look like the Mona Lisa.
> > >
> > > But seriously, Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary is coming this year and Halo 4 in the next year, 343 have pretty much given the Halo fans what they were screaming about since the very beginning of the Xbox 360, I am sure somewhere in the future we may just see that Halo Movie we all want so badly…and if not…Halo 4 bro…Halo 4.
> > >
> > > BLUEBERRY!
> >
> > That’s kinda my point. The success of Halo: Legends, along with the interest in the Fan films mean that there IS interest for a Halo film. The issue is that there’s not enough interest outside the fanbase for a film, therefore there’s less liklihood of Microsoft going for a full live-action flim. However, a CGI that goes for DVD and Download would be a good investment and a format for a Halo film.
>
> You’re making a mistake, remember that Halo is SciFi, I promise that if the budget of the movie is about Star Wars movies, It WILL be Box Offices No.1 for a whole year!

Budget is just one part of making a successdul movie. It’d need to have a good story, and good characters ( things game adaptions are notoriously bad for.) For Halo, you’d need to build the story from scratch. The way you write a game’s story, and the way you write a movie’s are totally different.

{Repeat post.}

[Repeat post]

[Repeat Post]

[Repeat Post]

[Repeat Post]

[Repeat Post]

[Repeat Post]

[Repeat Post]

halo wars cutscenes were epic and if they did the movie with that quality it would be epic

CGI movie would be saweet!

<4

No Halo movies please and release a second series of Halo Legends.

I think the movie industry would kill the spirit of Halo creating an stupid version with a soldier (spartan, marine, you name it) that falls in love in the middle of a bullet rain (as if there was time for it), and risk the whole mission for saving her.

Or a unknown dude that suddenly becomes an Spartan because well … who knows… (pfff)

Halo Legends were good, they could be improved yes, but good. Short and with the right level of action without over doing it. (The Package was my favorite)

Honestly I hope I never see a Halo Universe movie. (Or Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed, or Fallout)

> No Halo movies please and release a second series of Halo Legends.
>
> I think the movie industry would kill the spirit of Halo creating an stupid version with a soldier (spartan, marine, you name it) that falls in love in the middle of a bullet rain (as if there was time for it), and risk the whole mission for saving her.
>
> Or a unknown dude that suddenly becomes an Spartan because well … who knows… (pfff)
>
> Halo Legends were good, they could be improved yes, but good. Short and with the right level of action without over doing it. (The Package was my favorite)
>
> Honestly I hope I never see a Halo Universe movie. (Or Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed, or Fallout)

I’d love more halo legends also but I think your wrong about about a live action movie, the comic and book movie adaptions have been pretty good lately except a few. We also know the team at 343i won’t let anybody but the best artist touch the property. Halo needs a movie to take it to an audience who would never play a game , read a halo book or watch a halo animation.

I’m for a halo wars cutscene quality movie too but it still wouldn’t have the draw like a live action film would have.

I actually agree with this. Plus it would be a good chance to get all of the original voice actors for each character in if the movie was in CGI. It’s the only way a game-movie can work, in my honest opinion.