The "Halo Jump" nerfed? I hope!!!!!!

One of the thins I truly, truly, truly, truly, truly hate about all Halo games is the, “Halo Jump”. Its just so cheap.

The Halo Jump alone for me will make Halo 4 a purchase or not.

If 343i was smart they would still keep they Halo Jump to appease the fanboys but it needs to have a counter. Afterall, that seems to be the mantra we keep hearing from 343i. Counters and balance.

The best counter to this is simple. When you do the Halo Jump, your reticule grows huge big time so your accuracy is now off.

That is the perfect balance and counter to it. Plus it helps keep the pacing of the game more manageable.

Halo Jump to me is as cheap as the COD “Oh I’m Being Shot And He Is Right In Front Of Me I’ll Just Drop To My Belly And Shoot” tactic that people do. I have never purchased a COD game beacuse of that cheap crap. Ruins pace of game and just plain cheap.

Thoughts? Discuss.

What do you mean by “Halo Jump”?

^He means constant jumping around the map making yourself harder to hit^

“Halo Jump” I don’t quite understand. Is it when someone jumps a lot or something?

This must be a joke lol. Jumping is part of the movement, it’s as imperative to combat as strafing, Halo’s long kill times add strategy to movement and hitting jumping targets is easy, strafing’s a better tactic anyway.

If you truly won’t buy the game because of something small like that, I’ve got bad news for you.

yeah i’m confused “Halo Jump”?

I assume he’s talking about ghandi hopping. If he’s really just talking about jumping in general, then I’ve got some seriously bad news for you.

> I assume he’s talking about ghandi hopping. If he’s really just talking about jumping in general, then I’ve got some seriously bad news for you.
[/quote]
I think he means ‘the super jump’ from Halo3 which allowed players to jump attack players around corners.

Whaaaaaaaatttt…???

Are you referring to the highly skillful jump height of halo 2 and 3 which introduced a new form of skill with the Ninja Jump?

I think Halo jump is when you jump around a corner or in the middle of a BR/DMR fight. So no, this does not need to get taken out just because you don’t have the accuracy/skill to shoot someone who simply jumps, it sets them on a set path anyways, so unless they know what they’re doing it makes it even easier to hit them. Stop complaining about something like this, next thing you know you’ll want them to take strafing out of the game just because you don’t like having to move your right thumb stick, because it’s too hard to hit them.

> > I assume he’s talking about ghandi hopping. If he’s really just talking about jumping in general, then I’ve got some seriously bad news for you.
[/quote]
I think he means ‘the super jump’ from Halo3 which allowed players to jump attack players around corners.
[/quote]
That might be it to. So he’s suggesting our aim goes wonky when we jump? No thanks.

What the ffff is a “halo jump”?

The downside to the Halo jump is being a floating and predictable target. There’s no need to nerf it.

Don’t care what kind of jumping the OP is referencing, it’s not happening. And the jumping dropshot is probably one of few “skillful” elements in CoD.

> What do you mean by “Halo Jump”?

This is not flame bait and yes I understand its part of movement. People seem lost and not know what I mean. So allow me to explain.

Halo Jump is when people jump around the map like rabbits nonstop or anytime they see someone. I ask myself everytime I see this, am I playing Halo or am I watching Watership Down in space?

When they do this their accuracy has no penalty but those who shot them do, since the target is moving.

Personally, I think its cheap and ruins the pace of the game and a horrible exploit to of the game’s mechanics. If 343i makes it so you lose accuracy by jumping I’m prefectly fine with keeping it in the game. Its not as cheap then.

The halo jump is when someone walks up behind you and then you jump backwards over their head and assassinate them.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> When they do this their accuracy has no penalty but those who shot them do, since the target is moving.
>
> Personally, I think its cheap and ruins the pace of the game and a horrible exploit to of the game’s mechanics. If 343i makes it so you lose accuracy by jumping I’m prefectly fine with keeping it in the game. Its not as cheap then.

Dear God.

> > What do you mean by “Halo Jump”?
>
> This is not flame bait and yes I understand its part of movement. People seem lost and not know what I mean. So allow me to explain.
>
> Halo Jump is when people jump around the map like rabbits nonstop or anytime they see someone. I ask myself everytime I see this, am I playing Halo or am I watching Watership Down in space?
>
> When they do this their accuracy has no penalty but those who shot them do, since the target is moving.
>
> Personally, I think its cheap and ruins the pace of the game and a horrible exploit to of the game’s mechanics. If 343i makes it so you lose accuracy by jumping I’m prefectly fine with keeping it in the game. Its not as cheap then.

Jumping doesn’t even make you hard to hit. Strafing does. Why don’t you just strafe? When someone jumps, they float in the air and can’t change directions, so it’s easy to aim at where they are and where they will be. Learn to aim. Inaccuracy while jumping? That’s horrible. Why would you want more randomness in the game, especially since Reach is already filled with it.

> The halo jump is when someone walks up behind you and then you jump backwards over their head and assassinate them.

No, that’s a “ninja”.

I don’t even know what to think of this, Its not hard to kill someone who dropshots and its not hard to kill someone who jumps its actually easier.

> a horrible exploit to of the game’s mechanics.

What its not an exploit its the exact same as strafing to avoid being shot.