the halo council/343

It seems as if 343 replys to the halo council more then they do to us here on waypoint. I see a huge demand for a new aircraft here on waypoint. but the halo council says other wise. and for some reason Frank thinks the halo council is right. when in reality the council is not even official. its just a site made by a bunch fans who want things there own way. at least that’s what it appears to be.

And the community here isn’t made up of a bunch of fans who want things their own way?

> And the community here isn’t made up of a bunch of fans who want things their own way?

the site its self is made by 343 (waypoint). im referring to website. the halo council how ever is not made by 343 nor by Microsoft.

> > And the community here isn’t made up of a bunch of fans who want things their own way?
>
> the site its self is made by 343 (waypoint). im referring to website. the halo council how ever is not made by 343 nor by Microsoft.

No it’s a medium for the community and 343i to communicate without all the red tape that Microsoft has placed.

It’s actually common practice for a lot of games. Heroes of Newerth developed by S2, gets most of their communication on the /r/heroesofnewerth subreddit. For a while SWTOR did the same thing.

> > > And the community here isn’t made up of a bunch of fans who want things their own way?
> >
> > the site its self is made by 343 (waypoint). im referring to website. the halo council how ever is not made by 343 nor by Microsoft.
>
> No it’s a medium for the community and 343i to communicate without all the red tape that Microsoft has placed.
>
> It’s actually common practice for a lot of games. Heroes of Newerth developed by S2, gets most of their communication on the /r/heroesofnewerth subreddit. For a while SWTOR did the same thing.

regardless, I rather see 343 reply to the demands that are one waypoint. I mean there’s a ton of people asking for aircrafts but 343 ignores us.

As a moderator over at THC, it’s a surprise 343 posts there. I haven’t seen Quinn or Bravo in months. And Frankie only posted once.

> > > > And the community here isn’t made up of a bunch of fans who want things their own way?
> > >
> > > the site its self is made by 343 (waypoint). im referring to website. the halo council how ever is not made by 343 nor by Microsoft.
> >
> > No it’s a medium for the community and 343i to communicate without all the red tape that Microsoft has placed.
> >
> > It’s actually common practice for a lot of games. Heroes of Newerth developed by S2, gets most of their communication on the /r/heroesofnewerth subreddit. For a while SWTOR did the same thing.
>
> regardless, I rather see 343 reply to the demands that are one waypoint. I mean there’s a ton of people asking for aircrafts but 343 ignores us.

Aircrafts are a lot harder to do than weapons skins.

More 343i employees have posted on Halo Waypoint in one week than they have on The Halo Council in three months.

> It seems as if 343 replys to the halo council more then they do to us here on waypoint. I see a huge demand for a new aircraft here on waypoint. but the halo council says other wise. and for some reason Frank thinks the halo council is right. when in reality the council is not even official. its just a site made by a bunch fans who want things there own way. at least that’s what it appears to be.

Nobody from 343 has posted in quite awhile at THC. To help identify a 343 member on the forums they have the Majestic title. Those haven’t popped up in awhile.

> regardless, I rather see 343 reply to the demands that are one waypoint. I mean there’s a ton of people asking for aircrafts but 343 ignores us.

They’re not ignoring you, they just assume we can figure out on our own that dropping a new vehicle into Halo 4 would be a very difficult thing to just go ahead and do.

Designing/animating the new vehicle, its various traits, its balance with other vehicles/Spartans on foot, how it plays on and affects every single map, probably a ton of other factors to consider…not gonna happen at this point.

it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?

Thing is though, THC has a more relaxed attitude and nicer community. People on here just yell and flame and -Yoink- and moan with masses of conflicting opinions, but on the big fansites like THC and forgehub, people sit down, open threads without duplicates, and have intellectual opinions. The good people generally don’t bother with these forums.

If you want to make good conversation and be in a better community, join one of them. Joined forgehub years ago and never regretted it. Got invited to join THC to create forge feature videos for them. And trust me, they only want quality; the amount of creative direction into the videos I make is lovely.

> it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?

Yeah, can’t you just copy-paste?

> Yeah, can’t you just copy-paste?

This is the cutest thing I’ve seen posted in a while.

OP,

You’re basically saying, “don’t listen to those fans, listen to us! We know better!” When in reality, 343i should listen to everyone equally.

> it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?

You have absolutely no idea how a game engine works if you think it is that simple.

> > it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?
>
> You have absolutely no idea how a game engine works if you think it is that simple.

if they were able to give us the pit again I don’t see why they can throw in a falcon. I mean really there willing to re crate something that was already made twice so there’s no excuse as to why we cant have a falcon.

> > > it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?
> >
> > You have absolutely no idea how a game engine works if you think it is that simple.
>
> if they were able to give us the pit again I don’t see why they can throw in a falcon. I mean really there willing to re crate something that was already made twice so there’s no excuse as to why we cant have a falcon.

Like I said, you have no idea how a game engine works.

> > > it takes time to do armor mods too. I mean they could at least throw a aircraft (a hornet falcon whatever) its not that hard. halo 4 is running on a halo reach engine so a simiple falcon can be put into place with no issues. I mean if they put a dmr from reach into halo 4 why not a falcon?
> >
> > You have absolutely no idea how a game engine works if you think it is that simple.
>
> if they were able to give us the pit again I don’t see why they can throw in a falcon. I mean really there willing to re crate something that was already made twice so there’s no excuse as to why we cant have a falcon.

Completely different aspects of game development.

The pit was probably recreated from scratch, only using the blue prints from earlier games as a reference. Meaning new models, new code, new textures, new skybox, new spawns, new map size, new weapons.

Now the Falcon would have to be re-crated from scratch too. To make matters worse we also have to test to make sure that when a Falcon runs into a banshee it doesn’t red ring your kit, or when you take off it won’t delete your loadouts. Not to mention the amount of work that would go into testing the falcon in forge.

And that’s the simple version.

> > if they were able to give us the pit again I don’t see why they can throw in a falcon. I mean really there willing to re crate something that was already made twice so there’s no excuse as to why we cant have a falcon.
>
> The pit was probably recreated from scratch, only using the blue prints from earlier games as a reference. Meaning new models, new code, new textures, new skybox, new spawns, new map size, new weapons.
>
> Now the Falcon would have to be re-crated from scratch too. To make matters worse we also have to test to make sure that when a Falcon runs into a banshee it doesn’t red ring your kit, or when you take off it won’t delete your loadouts. Not to mention the amount of work that would go into testing the falcon in forge.
>
> And that’s the simple version.

regardless it is possible. ive never said it would be eassy to begin with.