The Halo Community Is Becoming Cancer

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments, this includes thread titles.</mark>

Ok seriously. These forums are solely dominated by hate for others, 343, and I’m sick and tired of it. all I see now is “343 Can’t Do Anything Right People” (As I like to call them) All I see is them flaming everyone that believes differently. Some (not all) of you guys are making this a hostile environment for everyone! Let’s all just enjoy Halo even if have the nit-pickiest comments. So lets make this place a new and refreshing place for everyone where flaming is not of abundance!

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

INB4 the hate OP mentions takes over this thread.
but seriously, yeah, total Cancer nowadays.

Definitely not cancer for people to want to express their opinions, they have that human right.

Is it annoying? Sure.

Are some complaints utterly useless and pointless? You bet!

But it’s their right, and any kind of criticism is constructive whether it’s good or bad. Unless the criticism is just stupid or misguided.

Careful, threads that ask the community to be more positive tend to get locked.

While I did just make a post about why I disliked H5’s writing, I agree. There’s way too much negativity on these forums, and it creates a hostile atmosphere for any newcomers. I know I hardly post for that reason, I love most of 343’s work and there’s nowhere for me to talk about that without getting the typical angry and overworked responses.

Complaining about complainers = another complaint thread. It you want to do something about it. Respond constructively to threads, and post positive threads. Lead by example.

Maybe it’s not that the community is becoming cancer, maybe…just maybe it’s that the community are getting sick of putting up with 343i’s sheer incompetence

The problem is that most of the community only likes responding to negative threads. I’ve seen plenty of positive and constructive threads get completely ignored because everyone wants to post in the “343 Sucks” thread. Even the people who love what 343 is doing would much rather post in negative threads than to just let them die out.

There are just as many positive threads out there, just no one wants to post in them. People love arguing, and negative threads allow them to do that.

However, 343 hasn’t really been doing much to make the community happy, so it’s only fair for us to be upset with them.

Just like people typically only visit a doctor when they are sick, gamers only post on forums, for the most part, if they are dissatisfied with something. Thankfully, many responders express their dscord with the OP’s idea.

Let 'em rant and rave.

> 2533274814289862;8:
> There are just as many positive threads out there, just no one wants to post in them. People love arguing, and negative threads allow them to do that.
>
> However, 343 hasn’t really been doing much to make the community happy, so it’s only fair for us to be upset with them.

Not doing much to make everyone* happy. By doing a tweak or whatever, some may think the tweak is not needed. Pleasing everyone is virtually impossible because of all the contradicting opinions on how to improve the Halo expereince

> 2567453894713362;9:
> Just like people typically only visit a doctor when they are sick, gamers only post on forums, for the most part, if they are dissatisfied with something. Thankfully, many responders express their dscord with the OP’s idea.
>
> Let 'em rant and rave.

I don’t know about that, I agree forums are great for posting what the issues are with a game, but they can also be used to post what was done right, ideas that could be brought up, ways to communicate with the devs and community involvement.

It’s not just the halo community… It’s all over the gaming industry…

Anybody ever go on the IGN comment board? lol

Now that’s terminally ill !!!

> 2533274886531207;4:
> Careful, threads that ask the community to be more positive tend to get locked.

Not so much this as it is about reminding discussion is what is expected. You get the good, the bad, the whole darn thing.

And for future reference, “poisonous” or “toxic” is the term you wish to use when referring to forum/people etiquette.