The Halo Bulletin: 9/14/11

Long head is long.

Awesome Thanks!! :smiley:
Put a little fiction in all the maps. Do a video like you did for Defiant. Thanks again :slight_smile:
"That’s right, everybody’s favorite large-scale Multiplayer map from Halo 2 has been rejuvenated with not just stunning visuals but also a layer of fascinating new fiction."

Yay! Headlong! Break your neck! I like it! It may not be forge city but still yay! Head long! Break your neck! I like it!
I noticed the big monument has changed! Also pillar of autumn screenshots! Yay for TU being released soon and hoppers too! Three weeks… that seems like…

Also can’t wait to see the overview of headlong! I’m guessing it’ll be released during tokyo game show?
I hope there’s a falcon. Jessica has 18 points now!

-Yoink-! Outrageous! Massive anger building up!

343 y u no -Yoinking!- release the gametypes with tu?!

EXPLAIN TO ME!

I think I just broke my neck reading this thread

Really looking forward to the TU and of course Anniversary!

One question though: You said that there will be no immediate differences to matchmaking straight after the update. My friend has one of those new 4 gig xboxes without the hard disk. Will he be able to play campaign and firefight matchmaking with me straight away or does he have to wait for the other changes to be implemented? :slight_smile:

> Really looking forward to the TU and of course Anniversary!
>
> One question though: You said that there will be no immediate differences to matchmaking straight after the update. My friend has one of those new 4 gig xboxes without the hard disk. Will he be able to play campaign and firefight matchmaking with me straight away or does he have to wait for the other changes to be implemented? :slight_smile:

That is a good question. I would think yes since it isn’t a MM playlist change but a general fix . Hopefully you get a definitive answer though.

Oh yeah! I remember I have an important question! Will there be any TU affected firefight gametypes? It would be nice to have reduced bloom and such in firefight. Are you in the possibility to answer that?

> Oh yeah! I remember I have an important question! Will there be any TU affected firefight gametypes? It would be nice to have reduced bloom and such in firefight. Are you in the possibility to answer that?

I remember reading it wouldn’t, but a few weeks ago during or after Halo Fest, I saw a flythrough of Installation 04 from 343i and I saw a Plasma Repeater with reduced bloom.

Suppose we will see in time to come.

I’m sad that there’s no mention of any Invasion (Maps, or TU lobbies…)

BS - are there any plans for improvements (both maps and gameplay) for the Invasion playlist?

So no customs? Piss.

> So no customs? Piss.

Not entirely sure what your customs comment is referencing, but does this part of the Bulletin answer it, by chance?

> We still have some tuning and testing to do before the beta hopper is rolled out, but in the interim, our not-yet-uploaded custom game file should give you a hint of how some of those beta features will feel. Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st, you will be able to download, share and play this gametype in custom games, taking advantage of the variety of options offered in the Title Update.

Yeah nvm, I read through it again.

What’s shortly? :slight_smile:

> I’m sad that there’s no mention of any Invasion (Maps, or TU lobbies…)
>
> BS - are there any plans for improvements (both maps and gameplay) for the Invasion playlist?

They commented on the fact that they WILL be messing with playlists soon, including Invasion, just be patient, all the juicy details will be delivered.

> > So no customs? Piss.
>
> Not entirely sure what your customs comment is referencing, but does this part of the Bulletin answer it, by chance?
>
>
>
> > We still have some tuning and testing to do before the beta hopper is rolled out, but in the interim, our not-yet-uploaded custom game file should give you a hint of how some of those beta features will feel. Shortly after the Title Update releases on September 21st, you will be able to download, share and play this gametype in custom games, taking advantage of the variety of options offered in the Title Update.

That merely tells us we will get to try out the file, it doesn’t tell us when. Coming from game devs “shortly after” could be six months or even a year.

So, does “shortly after” mean later on the 21th or after the 21th?

Oh the things i would do to you 343…
:wink:

bs angel… that was just inapropriet!

> > Really looking forward to the TU and of course Anniversary!
> >
> > One question though: You said that there will be no immediate differences to matchmaking straight after the update. My friend has one of those new 4 gig xboxes without the hard disk. Will he be able to play campaign and firefight matchmaking with me straight away or does he have to wait for the other changes to be implemented? :slight_smile:
>
> That is a good question. I would think yes since it isn’t a MM playlist change but a general fix . Hopefully you get a definitive answer though.

Thanks dude. :slight_smile:

David Ellis has cleared some stuff up for me, he says:

“Your friend will be able to play online co-op campaign and FF but before we’ll have to roll out a new co-op and FF hopper before they can play via matchmaking”.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation!

I couldn’t help but notice that, you’ve included every shipped and DLC map in the new beta playlists except one: Pinnacle. Was this an oversight, or intentional?

Edit…also, Swordbase.

(note, I realize the big team maps are left out of 4v4 playlists, I didn’t mention them for a reason…)

Headlong wasn’t one of my favorite Halo 2 maps. But I still thought it was a great map. Awesome pics look awesome.

I wonder how many people are going to have a “I can’t read everything” fail and think that the update in a few days actually does something and start complaining when it doesn’t…

And for the love of Pete, why is Uncaged still around?! WHY?!