The Halo Bulletin: 6.13.12

E3 Q&A, courtesy of your favorite Scottish Franchise Development Director!

Wow that is a lot of Q’s answered. Spartan Ops keeps looking better and better. Thanks Frankie. :slight_smile:

Please keep these types of Halo:Bulletins coming.

No spectator mode? That’s kind of disappointing. I can understand why it wouldn’t really work for online play, but why not for local? It would still cut down significantly on the cost of holding an MLG Halo tournament and help out the competitive scene a lot.

Also, I’m really excited to find out what enemies have yet to be revealed.

Good read.

Yay! (Reading now)

Can we PLEASE have a 4 shot BR? :slight_smile:

I don’t know what it was, since it usually doesn’t happen, but scanning that really hurt my eyes. For some reason the font seemed brighter than usual.

w00t!

It’s the 14th of June where I live, Lol.

"Will there be a place for people who prefer a more stripped-down type of Halo game in Matchmaking at launch? –Overdoz1z

Yes. And Halo 4 Matchmaking modes will be more streamlined."
YES!!!

Also I wonder what this means "We already know Elites are not in, which means no Invasion as we know it in Halo 4. Have you considered releasing a game type (both at launch and after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made Invasion great? –Gabotron ES

Elites are in Campaign. Elites are not playable MP types. We will, however, add some interesting variety to MP which will scratch that itch."

Variants of friendly fire? Interesting.

> I don’t know what it was, since it usually doesn’t happen, but scanning that really hurt my eyes. For some reason the font seemed brighter than usual.

It was probably the bolded questions.

I do believe there might have been some secret night of debauchery at E3. I am intriged. Has our beloved Angel, and Franky admitted to dark secrets. There was great cause for celebration. Dare I ask what took place? I do hope all have a full set of teeth. Might I add that Facial tattoos are very hard to hide? Is there MJOLNIR armor for monkeys?

> > I don’t know what it was, since it usually doesn’t happen, but scanning that really hurt my eyes. For some reason the font seemed brighter than usual.
>
> It was probably the bolded questions.

Either that, or the large amounts of text…

> “Will there be a place for people who prefer a more stripped-down type of Halo game in Matchmaking at launch? –Overdoz1z
>
> Yes. And Halo 4 Matchmaking modes will be more streamlined.”
> YES!!!
>
> Also I wonder what this means “We already know Elites are not in, which means no Invasion as we know it in Halo 4. Have you considered releasing a game type (both at launch and after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made Invasion great? –Gabotron ES
>
> Elites are in Campaign. Elites are not playable MP types. We will, however, add some interesting variety to MP which will scratch that itch.”

To me it sounds like we might be able to play as a certain class of Promethean?

I honestly have no idea other than that.

> > > I don’t know what it was, since it usually doesn’t happen, but scanning that really hurt my eyes. For some reason the font seemed brighter than usual.
> >
> > It was probably the bolded questions.
>
> Either that, or the large amounts of text…

Which, I might add, is very uncharacteristic of our usual bulletins :stuck_out_tongue:

Gah, totally wish I could got to RTX. Great bulletin, lots of nice questions answered.

Also, I think that they revealed the name of that huge new vehicle in the compaign demo.
First look at the quote “some” means “Mammoth”.
Then later on in the Q&A someone asked “How many vehicles are in the game?”
and Frankie responded by saying “some.”, which imo is a hint that the new vehicle is called the mammoth.

I’m still confused about Spartan ops. If it takes place 6th months after the campaign, does that mean we have to complete the campaign before playing Spartan ops?

> Also, I think that they revealed the name of that huge new vehicle in the compaign demo.
> First look at the quote “some” means “Mammoth”.
> Then later on in the Q&A someone asked “How many vehicles are in the game?”
> and Frankie responded by saying “some.”, which imo is a hint that the new vehicle is called the mammoth.

Hmmm…well it would fit that’s for sure.

> I’m still confused about Spartan ops. If it takes place 6th months after the campaign, does that mean we have to complete the campaign before playing Spartan ops?

I don’t think you have to but it would probably help you understand the story better.

> So I will say that Sgt. Johnson, while -Yoink!- and epic, will NOT be back.

Sounds like I’m not gonna get Halo 4. (Not really.) I kinda figured that Johnson wouldn’t be back, but it just won’t be the same without him. :frowning: