The Halo 5 Assault Rifle is too weak with hipfire

I felt it was pretty good in the beta, just needed it’s headshot damage tuned down a little. (I never used the zoom feature on it either, although it looked strong)

Instead, you increased the spread AND lowered the headshot damage.

From a balance perspective now as a hipfire weapon, it’s simply not good. I would always beeline for the Storm Rifle because it’s actually powerful as an automatic and worth using.

I’m not saying buff it back up to the beta powerlevel, just adjust it’s spread to be tighter again, it feels so weak against the SMG (it got nerfed as well though) or the Storm RIfle (might be considered broken). Also the Suppressor is just a pathetic gun right now, incredibly weak.

Before in the beta I felt compelled to roll with a Rifle and AR when given the chance, now I’ll always swap out the AR first for anything because it’s just so weak, alongside the suppressor.

Hard for me to say for sure, but the AR looks like a pretty well-rounded starting weapon in all the matches I saw. It definitely looks like it’s serving its role for a decent close-mid range starting weapon.

> 2533274791949285;2:
> Hard for me to say for sure, but the AR looks like a pretty well-rounded starting weapon in all the matches I saw. It definitely looks like it’s serving its role for a decent close-mid range starting weapon.

A good friend of mine has been playing Halo 5 these last few weekends, and he let me play a few hours, and I can assuredly say the assault rifle just feels too weak compared to everything else around it, minus the suppressor. I’d rather use the boltshot than the ar to be honest.

Cant wait to see how it shoots!

I believe it’s necessary due to two reasons:

1. You spawn with it.
  2. It doesn’t demand much aiming skill (like most automatics).

The other guns are map pickups and thus need to have an incentive for a player to pick them up. The AR still does well within its niche range.

> 2533274844458897;3:
> > 2533274791949285;2:
> > Hard for me to say for sure, but the AR looks like a pretty well-rounded starting weapon in all the matches I saw. It definitely looks like it’s serving its role for a decent close-mid range starting weapon.
>
>
> A good friend of mine has been playing Halo 5 these last few weekends, and he let me play a few hours, and I can assuredly say the assault rifle just feels too weak compared to everything else around it, minus the suppressor. I’d rather use the boltshot than the ar to be honest.

The AR absolutely shredded players in the beta, it needed to be toned down, its a starting weapon, it shouldn’t be a weapon you caryy through the entire match…besides, you’ve used it in campaign
none of us has actually used in in H5 matchmaking yet, so lets not complain about the weapons lack of power until then yeah?

But the weapons do the same damage either way right?

So I think the AR does need a buff. But only a slight one. I love the design of the AR but it has always been a crappy gun. And even up close in its “kill zone” I can’t win against BR or DMR or really anything. The problem is a normal headshot weapon only needs to be on the head for a half second. And you pull the trigger then and bam. Kill. With the AR and its headshot buff. You have to essentially track their head the whole time they move. Which is flipping impossible. So im not saying make it hose people down. Just slightly more powerful. Or maybe a slightly higher rate of fire. So if you are in range you can actually kill who you are aiming at.
The other problem is with it being so weak. I’ll have a guy dead to rights and start shootings at him. But it takes so long to kill he will just run away, use the armor boost. And is gone before I can finish him off. Mind you all this isn’t happening at “mid range” this is like with in radar range. (So super close)
so, over all. I think the pistol is fine. The AR needs to be just a tad bit better.

This a joke right?

Crouch, it’s been proven when you crouch when you fire the AR, the Accuracy vastly increase. If you don’t believe it, go to customs and test out the spread on the Wall.

And the accuracy is the same hip fired or aimed

> 2535433941989385;8:
> So I think the AR does need a buff. But only a slight one. I love the design of the AR but it has always been a crappy gun. And even up close in its “kill zone” I can’t win against BR or DMR or really anything. The problem is a normal headshot weapon only needs to be on the head for a half second. And you pull the trigger then and bam. Kill. With the AR and its headshot buff. You have to essentially track their head the whole time they move. Which is flipping impossible. So im not saying make it hose people down. Just slightly more powerful. Or maybe a slightly higher rate of fire. So if you are in range you can actually kill who you are aiming at.
> The other problem is with it being so weak. I’ll have a guy dead to rights and start shootings at him. But it takes so long to kill he will just run away, use the armor boost. And is gone before I can finish him off. Mind you all this isn’t happening at “mid range” this is like with in radar range. (So super close)
> so, over all. I think the pistol is fine. The AR needs to be just a tad bit better.

AR and the rest of the Autos has no headshot bonus, that is your mistake.

Only go for the body with auto weapons

The AR is plenty, PLENTY powerful, you are supposed to find other weapons to use if you can. The AR is the most powerful it has ever been as far as i can tell and does not need a buff…

> 2533274803137071;11:
> > 2535433941989385;8:
> > So I think the AR does need a buff. But only a slight one. I love the design of the AR but it has always been a crappy gun. And even up close in its “kill zone” I can’t win against BR or DMR or really anything. The problem is a normal headshot weapon only needs to be on the head for a half second. And you pull the trigger then and bam. Kill. With the AR and its headshot buff. You have to essentially track their head the whole time they move. Which is flipping impossible. So im not saying make it hose people down. Just slightly more powerful. Or maybe a slightly higher rate of fire. So if you are in range you can actually kill who you are aiming at.
> > The other problem is with it being so weak. I’ll have a guy dead to rights and start shootings at him. But it takes so long to kill he will just run away, use the armor boost. And is gone before I can finish him off. Mind you all this isn’t happening at “mid range” this is like with in radar range. (So super close)
> > so, over all. I think the pistol is fine. The AR needs to be just a tad bit better.
>
>
> AR and the rest of the Autos has no headshot bonus, that is your mistake.
>
> Only go for the body with auto weapons

no you’re wrong, it’s 12 shots with headshot-bonus and 15 with bodyshots for the AR…

I cannot believe people actually want the AR to be even more powerfull…I can get AR kills from sniper bridge to rocket spawns in coliseum without a problem…
The AR has a good range, good accuracy, good damage, is easy to use and has a huge mag…at this moment, it’s the most unbalanced gun in the game IMO…