The Halo 4 score is genius

It’s been a few years since I last played but going through these wonderful games again, I’ve been reminded of a lot, but in particular, Halo 4’s music. I was in the fourth grade when 4 came out, and it was the first game in this series I got at launch. I played all through it only kind of liking it but hating how different it was. Looking back, that seems to be the general opinion that I’ve seen for the game: it’s fine, but it’s “not 2” or “not 3” or even “not Reach”. One thing I can say for certain is that at the time, I absolutely hated the music. Even as a goofy kid, I appreciated and loved Marty’s scores for the OT, which I, of course, do to this day. I don’t think you’re legally allowed to be a Halo fan and dislike those scores. Today, in 2021, after returning to the series in my intro to MCC, I’ve played the entire campaign to Halo 4 again on normal (just to enjoy it, gonna eventually tackle Legendary) and now, I can honestly say I love the music. It IS different, but Halo 4 is also different in that it started an at the time brand-new era of Halo. I was never really into Massive Attack, but Neil Davidge has impressed me so much that I may be interested in looking into some of his other work. This orchestral music fused with the futuristic and electric sound is incredible, and I regret that as a kid I wasn’t able to love it as much as I do now. The same can really be said for the game as well.

> 2535445466325909;1:
> It’s been a few years since I last played but going through these wonderful games again, I’ve been reminded of a lot, but in particular, Halo 4’s music. I was in the fourth grade when 4 came out, and it was the first game in this series I got at launch. I played all through it only kind of liking it but hating how different it was. Looking back, that seems to be the general opinion that I’ve seen for the game: it’s fine, but it’s “not 2” or “not 3” or even “not Reach”. One thing I can say for certain is that at the time, I absolutely hated the music. Even as a goofy kid, I appreciated and loved Marty’s scores for the OT, which I, of course, do to this day. I don’t think you’re legally allowed to be a Halo fan and dislike those scores. Today, in 2021, after returning to the series in my intro to MCC, I’ve played the entire campaign to Halo 4 again on normal (just to enjoy it, gonna eventually tackle Legendary) and now, I can honestly say I love the music. It IS different, but Halo 4 is also different in that it started an at the time brand-new era of Halo. I was never really into Massive Attack, but Neil Davidge has impressed me so much that I may be interested in looking into some of his other work. This orchestral music fused with the futuristic and electric sound is incredible, and I regret that as a kid I wasn’t able to love it as much as I do now. The same can really be said for the game as well.

I don’t see a ginius score In Halo 4 is simply like all halo games

There are some really great tracks such as “117” and “To Galaxy”. The score that plays when you first see the Forerunner structures (I forget the name) is also beautiful with its synthetic sound.

I can say that I doesn’t really have any negative opinions about the Halo 4 music. It’s barely distinguishable for my ears to the original Halo music.

However, I do rarely take my time to appreciate the Halo music in general as I do usually play on a very low volume setting.

I’ve played quite a bit of Halo 4 campaign recently and unfortunately, I have to say I disagree. The soundtrack is hardly that great…calling it “genius” is a stretch. Aside from a few tracks, I would call Halo 4’s soundtrack average at best. The good tracks can be counted on one hand…but even those do not have that Halo ‘feel’ to them. Well…we kind of knew what to expect from the start. It was made rather obvious that the soundtrack wouldn’t be anything impressive when loading up the game and being greeted by that terrible wailing on the main menu!