The Halo 4 Poll

Well here it is, somebody had to make it.

Do you like Halo 4?

It’s a simple question which I encourage many people to think about thoroughly before answering.

Feel free to post any thoughts below and I hope this thread becomes ripe which constructive criticism, thoughts & ideas (although we all know it will most likely descend into a flame war).

Here’s my 50 cents:

Enjoy!

Better to be red, than dead

from the snippets I’ve played with friends, i love it

but i couldn’t enjoy it fully, because my friend’s TV was small, and far away (mounted ontop of a shelf, near the celing), and with split-screen added, i could barely see a thing

Poll is up and running!

Come on people! I see discussions running riots throughout the forums. I can see people attacking and defending Halo 4 and I’d like to know which side the forums is on - For or Against?

VOTE (and then discuss where necessary).

i thyink its a pretty good game, despite a couple of minor things. i dont rage on and on about the dmr, or lack of firefight, frankly im fine with that. i can destroy dmr’s with my ar, (you just need to know how) and i think spartan ops is a perfectly reasonable replacment for fire fight. iim a little dissapointed in the portrayel of lasky, the destruction animation of covie ships, and clutter on multiplayer maps, but other than that im fine with the game.

the good players, are the ones that can overcome the big obstacles.

P.s: you know why you only see complaints on the forums? because all the players who like the game, ARE PLAYING IT.

> i thyink its a pretty good game, despite a couple of minor things. i dont rage on and on about the dmr, or lack of firefight, frankly im fine with that. i can destroy dmr’s with my ar, (you just need to know how) and i think spartan ops is a perfectly reasonable replacment for fire fight. iim a little dissapointed in the portrayel of lasky, the destruction animation of covie ships, and clutter on multiplayer maps, but other than that im fine with the game.
>
> the good players, are the ones that can overcome the big obstacles.
>
> P.s: you know why you only see complaints on the forums? because all the players who like the game, ARE PLAYING IT.

The votes do seem that way, so far the community seem to LOVE Halo 4 but that’s not what the forum threads are saying.

As a Halo game, I thoroughly enjoy it. While there Re without a doubt multiple issues with the multiplayer, I truly find it enjoyable to play. I would have prefered a visual in game ranking system opposed to a progression system but perhaps Halo 5 will have if or CSR will fill that gap. The campaign was amazing and Spartan Ops, while originally I didn’t like it, is getter better as the story progresses. Overall, Halo 4 has yet to top Halo 3 in my books but its definitely up there.

It’s a decent game, but there are a few problems with it, lag for one.

i was actually suprised how well they did game chat, compared to the previous games.

Bringing this thread back up to get some more votes, I’d like to know what all of the Halo community think of this game!

You stated “simple question” then you load the POLL up with junk. I don’t like your POLL!!!

the only thing I enjoyed was campaign to an extent

Multiplayer has let me down
SOPS has let me down
Forge has let me down
LE has let me down

> You stated “simple question” then you load the POLL up with junk. I don’t like your POLL!!!

ok…

The Poll is still open and I will be collecting stats until the forum can clearly see where the community stands (with Halo 4) - I’d like to see this cap 100 voters so keep voting people!

I voted No. I’m done. Only cause there was not an option for: at its core it is not halo.

> You stated “simple question” then you load the POLL up with junk. I don’t like your POLL!!!

It’s not junk. He’s trying to specify most people’s feelings about the game.

If you don’t like the poll, why bother coming in here and sharing your hate and rage? We don’t need that in here.

This community alone has 400,000+ users, and even that is a fraction of the total number of Halo 4 owners. I’m interested as always to know people’s opinions, but this isn’t going to be in any way representative of a definitive broader consensus.

> This community alone has 400,000+ users, and even that is a fraction of the total number of Halo 4 owners. I’m interested as always to know people’s opinions, but this isn’t going to be in any way representative of a definitive broader consensus.

This poll has been set up to determine the forum’s opinion about Halo 4 and it in no way represents what the consumer market thinks of it.

If I were pressed to give an opinion I’d say that the silent majority of old/recent Halo players who are not on the forums prefer a Halo 3/2 styled game over a Halo 4/Reach styled game.

Halo 4 Compendiary: The graphics remain pulchritudinous in all parts of it. The campaign was original, moderately lengthy, and had a spectacular storyline with an almost complete remodeling of the perspective given to each character; Spartan Ops is what I consider to be a great way to extend it. Theater is weaker than it was previously, but it still serves its role in most places until it reaches campaign compatibility.

Custom Games compensates what it lost with its new features (although I still hope the old ones will eventually come back), and the Multiplayer feels like an action-packed, dramatic, competitive conglomerate of rotating game modes in the new gameplay. Contrary to many, I prefer there be the rotation because people usually keep playing one thing until they get tired and begin to dislike the game. I formerly believed Forge was inferior with its small map sizes, but then I actually saw how much space there was in the skies and such varied themes for a multitude of possibilities.

Overall, I think Halo 4 is a spectacular game, and my hopes are that more options are implemented, and it gets the thriving attention it needs by a constant, large community.

-Campaign was the best in the Series finally having a TRUE villian/nemesis ( Prophets were not really considered epic or dangerous like the Didact and the Gravemind was awesome but just not Nemesis worthy). My only gripe is that I completed it the night i got it. Missions were all memorable with each having a purpose.

-Forge really was just a few adjustments there but it comes with more detailed Forge. Just want something even more similar to Far Cry 3’s Map editior.

-Custom Games was kind of a letdown considering they stripped most of the fun gametypes that I know and love

-Theater, again an even more of a letdown because its still one person per clip film and you can’t even watch films in Campaign and Spartan Ops (WTF)

-Matchmaking, the bread and butter, has its flaws but has so much potential. Armor Abilities arent overpowered, Sprint works good on the maps, and jump hieght is pretty good. But the Shield recharge rate is too slow to compensate for the instant spawn, which sometimes wrongfully accounts for my death in Regicide. Weapons could use rebalancing and somemore tweaks. Playlist dissapoint me with lack of variety but im sure they can be fixed with a TU.

*Overall its a pretty Awesome Halo game. Epic Storyline with a great villian. Good Forge. Good Maps. But a Few tweaks needed here and there.