The Halo 4 esports discussion thread

Welcome to the Halo 4 esports discussion thread. This thread will serve as the primary discussion of Halo 4 esports.

Please keep all discussion civil and on topic. Trolling will be reported ASAP.

Have fun!

Personally I’d like to have these if possible:

• -Aim Acceleration Toggle
    -Sprint Toggle
    -Weapon timer Toggle (like h3/hr)
    -Spectator Mode
    -Ranks for playlist
    -More Arena Maps

I believe these 6 core things could do a lot for us.

What the deuce is esports

Hopefully 343i pulls through in their statements about us competitive players not needing to worry right now. Can’t wait for more information.

> What the deuce is esports

In Halo:

> What the deuce is esports

Electronic sports comprises the competitive play of video games. Other terms include competitive gaming, professional gaming, e-sport, and cybersport. The most common video game genres associated with electronic sports are real-time strategy (RTS), fighting, first-person shooter (FPS), massively-multiplayer online (MMOG), and racing. Games are played competitively at amateur, semi-professional and professional levels, and some games have organized competition in the form of leagues and tournaments. Events such as Major League Gaming (MLG), Global Starcraft II League (GSL), World Cyber Games (WCG), Dreamhack, and Global StarCraft Team league (GSTL) provide both real-time casting of streamed games, and cash prizes to the winners.

Awesome thread, I hope H4 delivers

What we have is that Frank said MLG will have a share for shure.

I just really hope that there’s full support for the competitive community. I don’t mean that every playlist has to be full-on e-sport worthy, I’m just saying I hope we dont have to wait months to have the option to do things like creating non-randomized power weapon spawns, etc. Reach was a very good example of how to completely cater to one side of the market, and fail to support the other side. Bloom removal was long overdue and I see no reason to have another situation similar to it.

A game that is competitive game out of the box would be beneficial for everyone. From casuals to hardcore players, everyone wants a game where the player with more skill wins. And I hope that is the direction 343 is going. We really haven’t seen a whole lot to judge the game on though.

Ambush top 1 at Cbus. Anyone know what’s going on with FB?

> A game that is competitive game out of the box would be beneficial for everyone. From casuals to hardcore players, everyone wants a game where the player with more skill wins. And I hope that is the direction 343 is going. We really haven’t seen a whole lot to judge the game on though.

I agree, very true. Out of the box balance would be great.

This thread is one of the better representation of what the mlg community is like. .

Although I disagree with and do not understand E-Sports, I recognize the merit and fun in its competitive nature and respect it as an entity.

Game on, E-People.

Unless E-People is racist.

E…guys.

I’m going to edit a post I made that I will find and basically sum up what would be great for H4.

I think the two most important things are:

1. A game that plays decently competitively out of the box. (At least Halo 3 level)

2. A good ranking system. (1-50)

We need a game that can hold up to high level play without slowing down and getting boring/stale. This means faster kill times, enabling the individual, and incentive to move around the map constantly. At high levels of play there is always incentive to NOT move as you gain or lose control, it’s crucial the gameplay stays fast AND fair.

Fairness means making sure that all the pickups that are used on the map are known to all players in the game when they will be respawning.

I also think the ability to turn off aim assist would be HUGE for competitive Halo. Most players that delve into serious FPSing on the consoles over the years have developed the dexterity to aim in Halo without much of a problem, getting rid of aim assist could offer a new challenge for competitive Halo players.

> Although I disagree with and do not understand E-Sports, I recognize the merit and fun in its competitive nature and respect it as an entity.
>
> Game on, E-People.
>
> Unless E-People is racist.
>
> E…guys.

I used to have the same exact view as you. E-sports sounded silly to me, and I definitely did not consider it a “sport”. One year, one of my friends convinced me to go to an MLG event as it was rolling through town one weekend. I was hesitant at first, but I eventually caved and shelled out the 20? bucks(don’t remember exact price for admission). As soon as I walked through the doors I was blown away, the atmosphere was ridiculous and there were far more normal looking human beings than I thought there would be.( In fact, I’m pretty sure one of the referees was on roids, the dude was huge). Anyway, I had a blast and can see why E-sports is a growing scene. If you get the chance you should check it out, its not as weird as you think.

E-sports is a joke.

> E-sports is a joke.

Plese, explain.

> I think the two most important things are:
>
> 1. A game that plays decently competitively out of the box. (At least Halo 3 level)
>
> 2. A good ranking system. (1-50)

I agree.

Not a game that one year after has to get a TU to make the game competitive.