The H5 beta was amazing but what happened here?

Remember back when the halo 5 beta launched back in December 2015?
I’m gonna be honest, as a halo 3 player, I didn’t care how halo it was, as long as we had fun, I really didn’t care if it played like halo or not.
But the thing is though, what changed from then to now? Lots of people would agree with me that the halo 5 beta was just pure amazing, but then THE SAME people would say that halo 5 is bad.
BUT WHY?
This is what I think.
When the beta shipped out, the people only cared about the gameplay. We really wanted to see if the gameplay was good or not. We didn’t care about content or anything else, because we were just immersed into the gameplay. We wouldn’t care because it was a beta, and we expected to have loads more content at release, we expected for them to just expand on the beta.
So we all thought, the official game will just be the complete version of this, so let’s just enjoy it from now.
But little did we know about the REQ system, the lack of game modes at launch, NO SPLIT SCREEN.
It all kinda failed us, which was really disappointing.
Not to forget, the lighting in the beta looked amazing.
What are your thoughts?

> 2533274949192941;1:
> Remember back when the halo 5 beta launched back in December 2015?
> I’m gonna be honest, as a halo 3 player, I didn’t care how halo it was, as long as we had fun, I really didn’t care if it played like halo or not.
> But the thing is though, what changed from then to now? Lots of people would agree with me that the halo 5 beta was just pure amazing, but then THE SAME people would say that halo 5 is bad.
> BUT WHY?
> This is what I think.
> When the beta shipped out, the people only cared about the gameplay. We really wanted to see if the gameplay was good or not. We didn’t care about content or anything else, because we were just immersed into the gameplay. We wouldn’t care because it was a beta, and we expected to have loads more content at release, we expected for them to just expand on the beta.
> So we all thought, the official game will just be the complete version of this, so let’s just enjoy it from now.
> But little did we know about the REQ system, the lack of game modes at launch, NO SPLIT SCREEN.
> It all kinda failed us, which was really disappointing.
> Not to forget, the lighting in the beta looked amazing.
> What are your thoughts?

1. Stupid RNG system that shouldn’t have been a thing
  2. Gamemodes that should have been at launch weren’t there (it took 7 months for infection?)
  3. Boring campaign which had limited replay value.

The core gameplay of Halo 5 is GREAT.
I love it.
I think Halo 6 shouldn’t change much. Maybe slightly rebalance weapons, possible remove Spartan Charge…but I think Halo’s core gameplay should stay the same…
But it needs more content.
More maps.
More gamemodes.
And gone needs to be the RNG system for unlocks.

> 2533274924290830;2:
> > 2533274949192941;1:
> > Remember back when the halo 5 beta launched back in December 2015?
> > I’m gonna be honest, as a halo 3 player, I didn’t care how halo it was, as long as we had fun, I really didn’t care if it played like halo or not.
> > But the thing is though, what changed from then to now? Lots of people would agree with me that the halo 5 beta was just pure amazing, but then THE SAME people would say that halo 5 is bad.
> > BUT WHY?
> > This is what I think.
> > When the beta shipped out, the people only cared about the gameplay. We really wanted to see if the gameplay was good or not. We didn’t care about content or anything else, because we were just immersed into the gameplay. We wouldn’t care because it was a beta, and we expected to have loads more content at release, we expected for them to just expand on the beta.
> > So we all thought, the official game will just be the complete version of this, so let’s just enjoy it from now.
> > But little did we know about the REQ system, the lack of game modes at launch, NO SPLIT SCREEN.
> > It all kinda failed us, which was really disappointing.
> > Not to forget, the lighting in the beta looked amazing.
> > What are your thoughts?
>
>
> 1) Stupid RNG system that shouldn’t have been a thing
> 2) Gamemodes that should have been at launch weren’t there (it took 7 months for infection?)
> 3) Boring campaign which had limited replay value.
>
> The core gameplay of Halo 5 is GREAT.
> I love it.
> I think Halo 6 shouldn’t change much. Maybe slightly rebalance weapons, possible remove Spartan Charge…but I think Halo’s core gameplay should stay the same…
> But it needs more content.
> More maps.
> More gamemodes.
> And gone needs to be the RNG system for unlocks.

spartan charge is a noob mechanic let’s be honest

The Halo 5 beta felt better then what we have now in my opinion. ( the aiming!!! )
But, I’m still having a blast playing online now.

> 2533274840503992;4:
> The Halo 5 beta felt better then what we have now in my opinion. ( the aiming!!! )
> But, I’m still having a blast playing online now.

well that’s great for you pal

Didn’t play the beta, but as a player from way back in 2001, I’d say H5 has the best gameplay in the series. Not the best campaign, I’d actually give that to H1. It was simple, and yet awesome.

Halo 5: Retail feels more like a chore to play. The reasoning? Halo 5: Beta was too good. Thus making the retail version a lot less enjoyable.

The beta was a quick rewrite of the Halo 3 code with added features/functions. Halo 5 was going to run 2 engines, one for campaign & one for multiplayer. The beta was the multiplayer engine.

After how horribly Halo: MCC failed, due to multiple engines, 343i took the campaign engine and moved it into MP. Now we have the same engine for both. Thus giving us the worse Halo MP game to date, IMO.