The Guass Hog

Would anyone else be ok with completely replacing the gauss hog with the more balanced halo 4 rocket hog? Maybe guass could remain in customs but personally I would be fine if it disappeared completely.

After all just think about it. Incredibly accurate, semi AOE, hitscan, high rate of fire, on a fast moving vehicle, effective against infantry AND armor, 1 hit kill, and I would guess a fair amount of magnetism considering how incredibly easy it is to hit any target you point it at. This thing is literally more lethal than a scarab or scorpion in the hands of any semi-competent crew.

Does this sound like a balanced addition to MM?

Rocket hog on the other hand serves the same role but is non hitscan and less effective vs other armor while still remaining a threat.

IMO, the Gauss Hog is fine now. It got nerfed enough in the last TU.

on exile, the rocket hog would actually be more powerful.

i am assuming one volley of rockets would kill a tank, opposed to three lasers.

the banshee would be more difficult to shoot down since the rockets travel pretty slow. but the banshee is so fragile.

if you stay on the blue side of the bridges i think itd be just about as easy to pick people off with the rockets considering you send out a volley and there is splash damage. the people camping and trying to snipe the gunner would have harder time because the splash damage limiting cover.

i think the only form of attack you would be more vulnerable against is jet pack, but all the dmr users are going to take care of them no problem.

I say replace the banshee with the gauss but put it in the middle of the map.

I dont know, I doubt the rocket hog could be worse even on exile.

I dont believe one volley actually kills a tank and if it does then that should be fixed.
With the rocket hog you at least have a CHANCE to see rockets coming and avoid them. Also it has a much slower rate of fire aka more window of opportunity, especially if they miss.

Lastly reach already proved that banshee > rocket hog. It has a chance but not a good one against an alert banshee. It has a better chance against scorpion, which in turn has a better chance vs banshee.
I feel this balances well in theory.

> Would anyone else be ok with completely replacing the gauss hog with the more balanced halo 4 rocket hog? Maybe guass could remain in customs but personally I would be fine if it disappeared completely.
>
> After all just think about it. Incredibly accurate, semi AOE, hitscan, high rate of fire, on a fast moving vehicle, effective against infantry AND armor, 1 hit kill, and I would guess a fair amount of magnetism considering how incredibly easy it is to hit any target you point it at. This thing is literally more lethal than a scarab or scorpion in the hands of any semi-competent crew.
>
> Does this sound like a balanced addition to MM?
>
> Rocket hog on the other hand serves the same role but is non hitscan and less effective vs other armor while still remaining a threat.

Dude…get over it…the Gauss Hog has been nerfed…it is a lot more difficult to use now…so it’s fine.

It was nerfed? Aww my only real problem was against the DMR. Will it ever get fixed?

> > Would anyone else be ok with completely replacing the gauss hog with the more balanced halo 4 rocket hog? Maybe guass could remain in customs but personally I would be fine if it disappeared completely.
> >
> > After all just think about it. Incredibly accurate, semi AOE, hitscan, high rate of fire, on a fast moving vehicle, effective against infantry AND armor, 1 hit kill, and I would guess a fair amount of magnetism considering how incredibly easy it is to hit any target you point it at. This thing is literally more lethal than a scarab or scorpion in the hands of any semi-competent crew.
> >
> > Does this sound like a balanced addition to MM?
> >
> > Rocket hog on the other hand serves the same role but is non hitscan and less effective vs other armor while still remaining a threat.
>
> Dude…get over it…the Gauss Hog has been nerfed…it is a lot more difficult to use now…so it’s fine.

It is pretty hard to effectively nerf something that is unbalanced in concept. I am only trying to make the argument that replacing the gauss hog with the rocket hog will result in a more balanced game. You don’t have to agree, its just a discussion.

Ugh, the Gauss Hog… I hate it so much. If you see it, you are basically already dead.

I feel so OP on Exile when i use the gauss hog!! my team always won when i got the thing. personally i think it should be customs only. because I destroyed both the tank and the banshee in one game and kept slaughtering people, and went like 30 kills and 4 deaths. And havnt really been killed by the vehicle itself for some reason o.O haha. Well, I guess the team that gets the tank can destroy the gauss hog. you know what, Idk what the heck im talking about. It would be really hard balancing a game

> It was nerfed? Aww my only real problem was against the DMR. Will it ever get fixed?

Yes!

Auto-aim and magnetism are almost nonexistent now.Unless yo get the red reticle exactly on the enemy,you won’t get the kill. Before the nerf, anyone could do well on th Gauss Hog. Now, combined with how weak the vehicles are,especially the Hogs, and the TU nerf of the Gauss Hog, only the very exceptional driver/skilled gunner combo can do really well.

The Scorpion is now the dominant vehicle. Should it to be nerfed? No!

The Gauss Hog didn’t need nerfing but, it has been and I can live with it. Does it need to be removed? No!

Does the Banshee need to be removed? No! Because it takes some skill to make it last and do well too.

Everyone wants to nerf something. We will get to the stage were we all only have to look a something and it will fall apart.

I would like to play with the Gauss on more maps, defiantly not have it removed.

> > > Would anyone else be ok with completely replacing the gauss hog with the more balanced halo 4 rocket hog? Maybe guass could remain in customs but personally I would be fine if it disappeared completely.
> > >
> > > After all just think about it. Incredibly accurate, semi AOE, hitscan, high rate of fire, on a fast moving vehicle, effective against infantry AND armor, 1 hit kill, and I would guess a fair amount of magnetism considering how incredibly easy it is to hit any target you point it at. This thing is literally more lethal than a scarab or scorpion in the hands of any semi-competent crew.
> > >
> > > Does this sound like a balanced addition to MM?
> > >
> > > Rocket hog on the other hand serves the same role but is non hitscan and less effective vs other armor while still remaining a threat.
> >
> > Dude…get over it…the Gauss Hog has been nerfed…it is a lot more difficult to use now…so it’s fine.
>
> It is pretty hard to effectively nerf something that is unbalanced in concept. I am only trying to make the argument that replacing the gauss hog with the rocket hog will result in a more balanced game. You don’t have to agree, its just a discussion.

OK.

The reason why I would not support the replacement of the Gauss Hog with the Rocket Hog is the Gauss is basically a one shot one person kill unless you are lucky enough to take out a vehicle with two or more people in it.

On the other hand, the Rocket Hog can take out multiple foot solders in one set of rocket launches. It is more OP than the Gauss Hog in that respect.

How do I know this? Well, having several thousand Wheelman medals and having driven 8 people to Unfriggenbiveables on the Gauss Hog and had one gunner go 67 kills, I know what the Gauss Hog could do before it was nerfed.

As a user of the Rocket Hog on Vortex, I can tell you I would love teh Rocket Hog on Exile instead of the Gauss Hog because I would do even better! However, I don’t ant it to actually be on Exile because my dominating game in and game out as a driver taking gunners to massive kills streaks on the Rocket Hog…more than I did on the Gauss Hog, would not be good for the team or the playing of Exile.

The Gauss Hog has been nerfed. The Scorpion now reins supreme, unless you get a God like driver/Gunner combo. Banshee is fine too.

All is OK with vehicles and Exile…

> I feel so OP on Exile when i use the gauss hog!! my team always won when i got the thing. personally i think it should be customs only. because I destroyed both the tank and the banshee in one game and kept slaughtering people, and went like 30 kills and 4 deaths. And havnt really been killed by the vehicle itself for some reason o.O haha. Well, I guess the team that gets the tank can destroy the gauss hog. you know what, Idk what the heck im talking about. It would be really hard balancing a game

On Exile, you Sir, have a total of 75 kills with the Gauss Hog.

On Exile, you Sir, have been killed by the Gauss Hog 21 times.

Your experience is very limited!

I’m finding it difficult to put much stock in your assessment!

> > It was nerfed? Aww my only real problem was against the DMR. Will it ever get fixed?
>
> Yes!
>
> Auto-aim and magnetism are almost nonexistent now.Unless yo get the red reticle exactly on the enemy,you won’t get the kill. Before the nerf, anyone could do well on th Gauss Hog. Now, combined with how weak the vehicles are,especially the Hogs, and the TU nerf of the Gauss Hog, only the very exceptional driver/skilled gunner combo can do really well.
>
> The Scorpion is now the dominant vehicle. Should it to be nerfed? No!
>
> The Gauss Hog didn’t need nerfing but, it has been and I can live with it. Does it need to be removed? No!
>
> Does the Banshee need to be removed? No! Because it takes some skill to make it last and do well too.
>
> Everyone wants to nerf something. We will get to the stage were we all only have to look a something and it will fall apart.

If it really has been nerfed that much then that’s good it is probably much more bearable. Guess I wouldn’t know as well, I typically avoided btb, usually because of gauss actually.

Not sure why you are thinking I want to nerf the tank and banshee… Cuz I don’t… Never said I did either.

Despite what you have said I still think the gauss is too lethal for balanced MM but hey that’s why I put the poll so I could find out how the community felt

In the past, people in lobbies would complain about it as much as they did about the DMR.

> > > It was nerfed? Aww my only real problem was against the DMR. Will it ever get fixed?
> >
> > Yes!
> >
> > Auto-aim and magnetism are almost nonexistent now.Unless yo get the red reticle exactly on the enemy,you won’t get the kill. Before the nerf, anyone could do well on th Gauss Hog. Now, combined with how weak the vehicles are,especially the Hogs, and the TU nerf of the Gauss Hog, only the very exceptional driver/skilled gunner combo can do really well.
> >
> > The Scorpion is now the dominant vehicle. Should it to be nerfed? No!
> >
> > The Gauss Hog didn’t need nerfing but, it has been and I can live with it. Does it need to be removed? No!
> >
> > Does the Banshee need to be removed? No! Because it takes some skill to make it last and do well too.
> >
> > Everyone wants to nerf something. We will get to the stage were we all only have to look a something and it will fall apart.
>
> If it really has been nerfed that much then that’s good it is probably much more bearable. Guess I wouldn’t know as well, I typically avoided btb, usually because of gauss actually.
>
> <mark>Not sure why you are thinking I want to nerf the tank and banshee… Cuz I don’t… Never said I did either.</mark>
>
> Despite what you have said I still think the gauss is too lethal for balanced MM but hey that’s why I put the poll so I could find out how the community felt

True,you didn’t mention them but, I did because others did and I thought I’d cover it in the one post. Sorry for the confusion…didn’t man to put words in your mouth!

Well it has been a big pain since forever just cause it’s a one hit kill. It’s one of the few things that has maintained its Halo roots and I think it should stay that way.

> Would anyone else be ok with completely replacing the gauss hog with the more balanced halo 4 rocket hog? Maybe guass could remain in customs but personally I would be fine if it disappeared completely.
>
> After all just think about it. Incredibly accurate, semi AOE, hitscan, high rate of fire, on a fast moving vehicle, effective against infantry AND armor, 1 hit kill, and I would guess a fair amount of magnetism considering how incredibly easy it is to hit any target you point it at. This thing is literally more lethal than a scarab or scorpion in the hands of any semi-competent crew.
>
> Does this sound like a balanced addition to MM?
>
> Rocket hog on the other hand serves the same role but is non hitscan and less effective vs other armor while still remaining a threat.

I think you should go look back at the h2 or h3 gauss hog before trying to claim the hog is OP. Its nothing but a shadow of its former self now.

What they should do to fix it is double its rate of fire but make it 2 hit kills.