The Guardians' Lights Are Blue...

Something has been bothering me since the Guardians were reintroduced to us at E3 2015. Unlike the one we saw in 2013, these Guardians are sporting blue lights instead of the very Didact-influenced orange lights. This is a subtle detail that speaks much.

I know the theories about Cortana still somehow being alive have been done to death and disproven at every turn, but hear me out. Suppose these Guardians are under the influence of Cortana’s rampant copies. Which could explain these chaotic anomalies that they’re causing. It could also explain why Chief is able to have these “visions” of Cortana and how she is able to give him reliable information even after we saw her complete self “die.”

Just food for thought.

I just want her to disappear at this point, I really don’t like these cortana plot role ideas. It’d be like if Johnson showed up every time chief picked up a splaser, and they told him where to go, it’s stupid.

There are not under the influence of Cortana. If you remembered, before the Didact took control of the Prometheans they had Blue lights but when under his control they turned orange. Much similar to the -Yoink!- Zombie eye colors. They symbolize whose controlling them. Blue lights just mean they’re in their normal state, being controlled by the Forunners remnants and not the Didact

> 2533274881937413;3:
> There are not under the influence of Cortana. If you remembered, before the Didact took control of the Prometheans they had Blue lights but when under his control they turned orange. Much similar to the -Yoink!- Zombie eye colors. They symbolize whose controlling them. Blue lights just mean they’re in their normal state, being controlled by the Forunners remnants and not the Didact

I realize this. I’m just throwing out ideas. I suppose the Cortana visions could also be a result of John’s geas as well.

> 2533274894863132;2:
> I just want her to disappear at this point, I really don’t like these cortana plot role ideas. It’d be like if Johnson showed up every time chief picked up a splaser, and they told him where to go, it’s stupid.

I personally think it’d be interesting if Cortana’s rampant copies became a new threat. A threat that Chief might have no choice but to eliminate.

Very interesting I actually hadn’t even payed attention to the colors of the guardian until you brought it up. :confused:

If I remember correctly, the blue lights represent being under control of the Life Worker, and orange represents being under control of a Warrior-Servant.

> 2533274837720524;7:
> If I remember correctly, the blue lights represent being under control of the Life Worker, and orange represents being under control of a Warrior-Servant.

Sure, this could absolutely be the case. Still, with Cortana having mostly been a blue-ish hue throughout the series, it wouldn’t surprise me if she or her rampant copies somehow had taken control of these Guardians.

Seeing as how little of Halo 5’s story we know thus far, it’s the only reason I can predict for Chief to actively seek these Guardians out. There could very well be a plethora of other reasons. This is just my best guess with the recent information given to us.