The Grenade Launcher: Just because it explodes doesn't mean it kills

I’ve noticed this frequently on Xbox Live when a Grenade Launcher specific game is chosen. People will hold the trigger to get their grenades closer to their foe. But what many fail to realize is that the EMP blast won’t kill. I’ve had enemies gang up on me, only to end up lying next to each other after my grenade hits them in the face. So if you’ve been having trouble killing foes with the Grenade Launcher, this is probably why. The EMP burst is only good when someone has a precision weapon. If you don’t, just fire at them and you’ll kill them eventually.

Fire it off, look for the “x1”, Then let go. The Grenade Launcher is one of the most skilled weapon on Reach.

I find it works perfectly in MLG.

> Fire it off, look for the “x1”, Then let go. The Grenade Launcher is one of the most skilled weapon on Reach.
>
> I find it works perfectly in MLG.

Your more like to kill them with the explosion in MLG for some reason. No complaining, I love the Grenade Launcher.

> Fire it off, look for the “x1”, Then let go. The Grenade Launcher is one of the most skilled weapon on Reach.
>

I know how to use it (my kills with it are 9/10 direct hits). I’m just pointing out the EMP’s lack of lethality for those who didn’t know about it.

> > Fire it off, look for the “x1”, Then let go. The Grenade Launcher is one of the most skilled weapon on Reach.
> >
> > I find it works perfectly in MLG.
>
> Your more like to kill them with the explosion in MLG for some reason. No complaining, I love the Grenade Launcher.

MLG’s Damage is 110% compared to Vanilla Reach being 100%.

That 10% makes a difference.

>

That’s because weapon damage is increased to 110% I think.

Edit: Ninja’d. =)

> …what many fail to realize is that the EMP blast won’t kill…

This clip begs to differ.

The EMP blast does kill, it just has to explode right next to them.

The free fire explosion causes more damage though.

The EMP Blast will in fact kill other players; unlike the Dumb Fire Mode though, the explosion basically has to go off right on top of the enemy in order to kill them with the EMP shot, unlike the Dumb Fire Mode which is basically a stronger Frag explosion.

> The EMP Blast will in fact kill other players; unlike the Dumb Fire Mode though, the explosion basically has to go off right on top of the enemy in order to kill them with the EMP shot, unlike the Dumb Fire Mode which is basically a stronger Frag explosion.

How about a Direct Hit? Is that dumb fire? Personally, for me it’s “Go big or go home!”

> The EMP blast does kill, it just has to explode right next to them.
>
> The free fire explosion causes more damage though.

> > The EMP Blast will in fact kill other players; unlike the Dumb Fire Mode though, the explosion basically has to go off right on top of the enemy in order to kill them with the EMP shot, unlike the Dumb Fire Mode which is basically a stronger Frag explosion.
>
> How about a Direct Hit? Is that dumb fire? Personally, for me it’s “Go big or go home!”

Why do that when you can use the EMP to ensure that even if you miss or they survive the explosion they will have no shields and health damage?

> > > Fire it off, look for the “x1”, Then let go. The Grenade Launcher is one of the most skilled weapon on Reach.
> > >
> > > I find it works perfectly in MLG.
> >
> > Your more like to kill them with the explosion in MLG for some reason. No complaining, I love the Grenade Launcher.
>
> MLG’s Damage is 110% compared to Vanilla Reach being 100%.
>
> That 10% makes a difference.

Nope. The damage is unchanged in MLG.

This is a good public notice lol,

I’ve had to tell so many people that EMP is easier to hit and bigger radius to take down shields(best used like a plasma pistol) but not holding it down does more damage and can kill 1 shot a lot easier but requires more precision.(A stronger versatile grenade)

But it can kill using a EMP if it’s a direct hit.

What? The EMP blast can kill.

> I’ve noticed this frequently on Xbox Live when a Grenade Launcher specific game is chosen. People will hold the trigger to get their grenades closer to their foe. But what many fail to realize is that the EMP blast won’t kill. I’ve had enemies gang up on me, only to end up lying next to each other after my grenade hits them in the face. So if you’ve been having trouble killing foes with the Grenade Launcher, this is probably why. The EMP burst is only good when someone has a precision weapon. If you don’t, just fire at them and you’ll kill them eventually.

If you cant kill consistantly with the emp shot then you are just bad with the gun. Hence why its pro pipe. The way you use it is more like a noob tube.

> > I’ve noticed this frequently on Xbox Live when a Grenade Launcher specific game is chosen. People will hold the trigger to get their grenades closer to their foe. But what many fail to realize is that the EMP blast won’t kill. I’ve had enemies gang up on me, only to end up lying next to each other after my grenade hits them in the face. So if you’ve been having trouble killing foes with the Grenade Launcher, this is probably why. The EMP burst is only good when someone has a precision weapon. If you don’t, just fire at them and you’ll kill them eventually.
>
> If you cant kill consistantly with the emp shot then you are just bad with the gun. Hence why its pro pipe. The way you use it is more like a noob tube.

So you mean getting direct hits is more noobish than holding down the trigger and waiting until someone gets close to it until you blow it up? I think DH takes more skill than camping a corner with a “Claymore” planted on the ground (just saying)