The Grenade Issue

Can someone tell me why in Warzone you only get one grenade, yet every other gamemode except for breakout I think you get two? This has been a problem for me in all gamemodes, people get shot and they either boost away or throw a buttload of grenades. This is halo, not explosion fest. Having to constantly hide after engaging an enemy because they throw 6 grenades my way is not fun, and it’s not really skillful/competitive either.

You must not have played Halo 1 or 2. I can assure you, Halo is explosion fest.

Two grenades has always been a relatively balanced norm in Arena gametypes in Halo. It’s part of the Golden Triangle of guns, grenades, and melee so it wouldn’t make sense to take nades away (although, it’s almost like a heptagon in Halo 5).

The reason Warzone only lets you have one is because there would be a potential 24 grenades going into a base at the start of a match. 12 is still a lot but miles better than 24. Assault would be even more of a nadefest than it already is.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> Two grenades has always been a relatively balanced norm in Arena gametypes in Halo. It’s part of the Golden Triangle of guns, grenades, and melee so it wouldn’t make sense to take nades away (although, it’s almost like a heptagon in Halo 5).
>
> The reason Warzone only lets you have one is because there would be a potential 24 grenades going into a base at the start of a match. 12 is still a lot but miles better than 24. Assault would be even more of a nadefest than it already is.

Good good, the memories of vanilla assault before the grenades were dropped to one. Talk about a cluster-yoink-. :smiley:

I think the grenades fuse time should be just a little longer, like 5-10% and the spamming wouldn’t be so bad at times. But yeah the older Halos were a true nade fest being able to stack 4 frags and plasmas…

It’s only wz assault where you get one, right? If not I haven’t been paying much attention.

I thought two grenades was standard on all playlists with the exception of Breakout? Did they change that?

> 2533274848704527;6:
> I thought two grenades was standard on all playlists with the exception of Breakout? Did they change that?

Warzone Assault is the only playlist where you start out with one grenade. Everywhere else, you start with two. As far as I know, you still start with two grenades in Breakout unless we start with one in OG Breakout. But I don’t pay enough attention to that.

> 2533274874385787;4:
> > 2533274824050480;3:
> > Two grenades has always been a relatively balanced norm in Arena gametypes in Halo. It’s part of the Golden Triangle of guns, grenades, and melee so it wouldn’t make sense to take nades away (although, it’s almost like a heptagon in Halo 5).
> >
> > The reason Warzone only lets you have one is because there would be a potential 24 grenades going into a base at the start of a match. 12 is still a lot but miles better than 24. Assault would be even more of a nadefest than it already is.
>
> Good good, the memories of vanilla assault before the grenades were dropped to one. Talk about a cluster-yoink-. :smiley:
>
> I think the grenades fuse time should be just a little longer, like 5-10% and the spamming wouldn’t be so bad at times. But yeah the older Halos were a true nade fest being able to stack 4 frags and plasmas…

Yeah 5-10% makes a lot of sense actually.

CE was insane haha. Hurling plasmas all over, starting chain reactions, and getting kills like 30 seconds after throwing a stray one…

> 2535429041888964;1:
> Can someone tell me why in Warzone you only get one grenade, yet every other gamemode except for breakout I think you get two? This has been a problem for me in all gamemodes, people get shot and they either boost away or throw a buttload of grenades. This is halo, not explosion fest. Having to constantly hide after engaging an enemy because they throw 6 grenades my way is not fun, and it’s not really skillful/competitive either.

I assume you mean it should only be 1 grenade? Because you get 2 in WZ.

Its balanced, with all the evasive maneouvers in the game, its very easy to dodge nades. Just be aware.

I think the grenades haves always been like that since the old halo games. The funny thing is, I’m really bad at using grenades, i think only 10% of my nades actually kill someone.

> 2586218893181855;7:
> > 2533274848704527;6:
> > I thought two grenades was standard on all playlists with the exception of Breakout? Did they change that?
>
> Warzone Assault is the only playlist where you start out with one grenade. Everywhere else, you start with two. As far as I know, you still start with two grenades in Breakout unless we start with one in OG Breakout. But I don’t pay enough attention to that.

Not sure about actual Breakout, but Extermination starts with only one grenade. Probably because of the tiny maps.