The Great CSR Lie

So after a few good matches in the Castle DLC, I check my CSR to see in which game modes my CSR had gone up, only to find that CSR is not categorized by GAME MODES but by PLAYLISTS. SO after a few great oddball, slayer, and CTF matches, all that it helped was my “Castle DLC” CSR. Something that will undoubtedly disappear after the map pack has been out for some time and that playlist is removed. So this new system for CSR is even LESS helpful than I thought.

That’s how it has been in previous titles.

Well this is Halo 4 and not everyone who plays has been playing Halo forever. To hear that CSR is based on different Game Modes is a straight up lie.

> That’s how it has been in previous titles.

Exactly.

In H3 you were ranked by playlist as well.

If you played a match of objective in BTB ranked, youd og up and down on BTB not on Objective gametype.

> Well this is Halo 4 and not everyone who plays has been playing Halo forever. To hear that CSR is based on different Game Modes is a straight up lie.

Except they never said that.

If you want to look at your “TrueSkill” per gametype, Halotracker(a third party stats site) does this pretty well.

The CSR should be categorised in every playlist, just like Halo 2 and 3 were.

Its funny because people have received 50’s since day 1. They probably like “so i just now got a 50, CSR 15 seconds of fame are over for me”

I received a 10 in lone wolves after one match. I bet after 6 games i’ll have a 36.

so, let me get this straight. You didn’t properly educate yourself on the ins and outs of CSR, and that makes 343i liars?

um…ok

Most stupid thread I’ve seen all week.

> Its funny because people have received 50’s since day 1. They probably like “so i just now got a 50, CSR 15 seconds of fame are over for me”
>
> I received a 10 in lone wolves after one match. I bet after 6 games i’ll have a 36.

That’s because the CSR system is new. When a player is higher in CSR rank than everyone else, instead of the game paring them with other players that have an equal skill level the game is forced pared them with lower level CSRs. Over time it will become harder and harder to reach CSR50.

> That’s how it has been in previous titles.