The Great Crash

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Xbox Console viciously shutting down when they load and play Halo 5 ?

This happens to me quite often when I go to play the game. It’ll try to load the game and it’ll either not load and give me a black screen, or give me the error that the game took too long to load. I’ll follow that up by trying to load the game again and a harsh electrical snap kills the entire Xbox. Having the game fail to load this first time isn’t always followed by the great crash, it can literally happen at first attempt to load or also quite often during game play.

I’ve tweeted to Xbox Support but they haven’t replied to me, so I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue ? The only other game I play is Forza Horizon 2 and the apps I use are YouTube, RebBullTV, and Spotify and none of these apps or games result in the Xbox crashing at all. Just Halo 5. I’d contact 343i customer services and report this to the technical department, but there is no customer service contact page. Just really frustrating. Hope there’s a fix for this, I feel as if it’s going to fry my Xbox one day with how it shuts down so aggressively.

That really sounds something is going on there. Only problems I have are freezing, never had what you’re experiencing. Can you provide more details like which xbox you currently have (og xbox, one s or one x)? Also, does your xbox fan spins out of control when you launch the game? does it get hot to the touch? have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

PeterAK91 Something suspicious is for sure happening. It’s a OneS, the fans aren’t doing anything crazy and temps are always good as it’s well vented. Like I said, Halo 5 is the only program on the system that this happens to. I get loads of the screen freezes too. So annoying.

> 2535441152633368;3:
> PeterAK91 Something suspicious is for sure happening. It’s a OneS, the fans aren’t doing anything crazy and temps are always good as it’s well vented. Like I said, Halo 5 is the only program on the system that this happens to. I get loads of the screen freezes too. So annoying.

Okay. Here’s what you do: Shut off the Xbox by holding the button for a full ten seconds, wait 10 seconds and then unplug it. Wait for 60 seconds. Plug in, wait 10 seconds and turn it on. This is a full and proper hard reboot of your system. If you still have issues, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Of you installed the game while using the system, it’s possible it installed improperly. This counts for any update as well. Same could be said for power or internet hiccups.

If it still won’t work, contact 343 directly as well as Microsoft.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> Is anyone else experiencing issues with their Xbox Console viciously shutting down when they load and play Halo 5 ?
>
> This happens to me quite often when I go to play the game. It’ll try to load the game and it’ll either not load and give me a black screen, or give me the error that the game took too long to load. I’ll follow that up by trying to load the game again and a harsh electrical snap kills the entire Xbox. Having the game fail to load this first time isn’t always followed by the great crash, it can literally happen at first attempt to load or also quite often during game play.
>
> I’ve tweeted to Xbox Support but they haven’t replied to me, so I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue ? The only other game I play is Forza Horizon 2 and the apps I use are YouTube, RebBullTV, and Spotify and none of these apps or games result in the Xbox crashing at all. Just Halo 5. I’d contact 343i customer services and report this to the technical department, but there is no customer service contact page. Just really frustrating. Hope there’s a fix for this, I feel as if it’s going to fry my Xbox one day with how it shuts down so aggressively.

Might want to check all connections on your power brick. Mine did that one time and one of the cords was not all the way in.

> 2535441152633368;1:
> the apps I use are YouTube

This is a known platform bug directly related to the YouTube app. It’s not Halo related at all.

They’re aware of it and they’re working on a fix for it but in the meantime, the work around is to make sure you’re fully closing your games/apps before switching.

> 2533274796457055;6:
> > 2535441152633368;1:
> > the apps I use are YouTube
>
> This is a known platform bug directly related to the YouTube app. It’s not Halo related at all.
>
> They’re aware of it and they’re working on a fix for it but in the meantime, the work around is to make sure you’re fully closing your games/apps before switching.

Really? I’d never have thought of it being that sort of issue… Tech can be weird sometimes.

Doesn’t help I’m in the Insider program, strange bugs I just write off as being Xbox Beta and report to Microsoft.