The Graphics suck in Halo 4

Ok after reading every single post, I will update my opinion. Halo 4 look like -Yoink- up close, but the lighting is amazing. But when I see light pink and baby blue spartans running around that kills me. But I look how everything looked so detailed in Halo Reach. You could zoom in on all the weapons and read the print.

Also, my TV is amazing. I am using a HDMI on a 60 inch plasma TV. And I still like reach better. But I will admit the lighting in H4 is amazing. Especially when you jump on that mile long grav lift on the last level!

COMPARED TO REACH. The only good thing are bright lights. But go back to Reach, it’s better!! I never heard anyone talk about how amazing they were!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I disagree. I think Reach looks washed out and too blah.

The weapons and covenent look WAY better than H4. The guns have detail, as well as the aliens. When you zoom in on dead bodies in REach, you can see all the details. But not in H4

Armor also has more detail.

> COMPARED TO REACH. The only good thing are bright lights. But go back to Reach, it’s better!! I never heard anyone talk about how amazing they were!

Please put down whatever you are smoking and some to me. I want to be as delusional as you sir.

Trolling or just crazy?

Wow you guys just look at pictures of elites

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

the gameplay sucks even more!!

> I disagree. I think Reach looks washed out and too blah.

Agreed. The colors and dynamics in Reach are definitely not on par with Halo 4’s, and graphics overall weren’t too impressive.

I know that Halo 4 doesn’t have the best graphics in the entire freaking world (though I would LOVE to see the graphics produced by a top-notch PC), but for the 360 the graphics are pretty damn good. The first time I popped it in on day of release to play the campaign, I was wowed. Player models, dynamic lighting and color range, the detail down to the very specks of mesh of the spartan under-layer suit, it was all really nice eye candy. I’m a meticulous-little-things detail kind of guy.

So maybe Reach looked better to you, OP, but that’s your opinion. I think Halo 4 looks just fine.

I think Halo 4’s graphics are a lot better though Reach’s graphics had that ‘realistic’ feel that Halo 4 doesn’t.

Reach is Gritty and Raw. Halo 4 is SOO SHINY.

> Wow you guys just look at pictures of elites

Pictures of Elites don’t tell the whole story.

I believe you’re talking about the textures when zooming in on something correct? Like the back of a warthog.

what are you talking about? reach and halo 4 has the best graphics and reminds me of melted fruity bubble gum.

I think they look pretty good.

In fact, Reach had better lighting across the board.

It is shown that people play faster in bright light, and move slower in the dark.

That is why I was mystified that Halo 4 had so many dark maps.

Freaking unbelievable.

Fast pace movement was the very core of Halo over all other FPS. Active Camo was the means to give a player the ability to sneak up and not be seen WITHOUT making a dark environment.

There are simply some things you don’t do to a FPS and 343i did some of those things.

Not just the dark maps, but they dropped the mono tone theme music entirely. You DON’T DO THAT to a AAA FPS that has an established theme music. That is like suicide for a business.

Get a better TV OP

> In fact, Reach had better lighting across the board.
>
> It is shown that people play faster in bright light, and move slower in the dark.
>
> That is why I was mystified that Halo 4 had so many dark maps.
>
> Freaking unbelievable.
>
> Fast pace movement was the very core of Halo over all other FPS. Active Camo was the means to give a player the ability to sneak up and not be seen WITHOUT making a dark environment.
>
> There are simply some things you don’t do to a FPS and 343i did some of those things.
>
> Not just the dark maps, but they dropped the mono tone theme music entirely. You DON’T DO THAT to a <mark>AAA</mark> FPS that has an established theme music. That is like suicide for a business.

whats AAA?

I totally agree with this. The graphics, the scoring system, the theme song and the commentator are all reasons why I continue to play Reach while Halo 4 sits in a case. Don’t get me wrong Halo 4 is a great game. It just that its more of an Arcade style game when playing online wargames. Not very addicting to me when you have twenty plus kills and five deaths and the highest rated player on your team has twenty plus kills and twenty plus deaths. I also miss the mandatory pause to see what your enemys are doing to your corpse.

Reach is way better for the type of game play I like.

> > Not just the dark maps, but they dropped the mono tone theme music entirely. You DON’T DO THAT to a <mark>AAA</mark> FPS that has an established theme music. That is like suicide for a business.
>
> whats AAA?

AAA is a rating, and means “the best there is” or “best in class”.

Have you ever heard of AAA credit rating of the US government?

My comment was about how cavalier 343i has handled the Halo title. When you think about all the things they did to it, you can justify to some extent why you made this change or that change.

But NOTHING on God’s green earth can justify eliminating the theme melody. That one aspect of their production demonstrates beyond any shadow of a doubt that they have amateurs and novices at 343i making critical decisions on the future of Halo.

Honestly, I don’t hold any hope for Halo 5. I firmly believe that it will be the death of Halo as we knew it.