The graphics and other things

I love the new graphics, I know they are not so great and things like that, but they seemed to me the best, it is extremely beautiful, the sounds of weapons, armor, vehicles, the new AI that will accompany the master chief , etc. 343 really did show off what they showed us and I just can’t wait for the new Halo to come out.

Agreed! On the graphics, did you notice ray tracing in the gameplay shown? Last July, 343 mentioned ray tracing support would be released in a future update and not ready at launch. After a year delay I really hope its there on day one.

I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.

> 2535418026669860;2:
> Agreed! On the graphics, did you notice ray tracing in the gameplay shown? Last July, 343 mentioned ray tracing support would be released in a future update and not ready at launch. After a year delay I really hope its there on day one.

No raytracing in the video. Doesn’t mean it wont be available at launch just wasn’t in the alpha gameplay we were shown. That said I have a feeling ray tracing might not be available day one and will still come in a later update. As the delay wasn’t to incorporate ray tracing for launch but rather give time to finish and polish the overall game.

> 2535419587718390;3:
> I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.

You’re zooming in on alpha footage that’s compressed into a video format. It’s really hard to tell what final day one texture rendering will look like.

> 2533274800521306;5:
> > 2535419587718390;3:
> > I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.
>
> You’re zooming in on alpha footage that’s compressed into a video format. It’s really hard to tell what final day one texture rendering will look like.

Of course we can’t tell what final day one will look like, which is why 343 Industries welcomes feedback pre-release. So they can improve before final release.

> 2535419587718390;6:
> > 2533274800521306;5:
> > > 2535419587718390;3:
> > > I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.
> >
> > You’re zooming in on alpha footage that’s compressed into a video format. It’s really hard to tell what final day one texture rendering will look like.
>
> Of course we can’t tell what final day one will look like, which is why 343 Industries welcomes feedback pre-release. So they can improve before final release.

True, but zooming in on a compressed video isn’t a great way to judge graphics.

> 2535419587718390;3:
> I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.

I think the guns look okay, but the gloves could use more detailing. I noticed H5 has some more stitches and things like that.

> 2535418026669860;2:
> Agreed! On the graphics, did you notice ray tracing in the gameplay shown? Last July, 343 mentioned ray tracing support would be released in a future update and not ready at launch. After a year delay I really hope its there on day one.

I’m not super sold on needing ray tracing for fast paced shooters like Halo in multiplayer; that being said I’d be more inclined to expect ray tracing during the campaign as you have the ability to slow down there and take the atmosphere in, to really enjoy such things like that.

If they add raytracing i hope its an option you can toggle.

> 2533274800521306;7:
> > 2535419587718390;6:
> > > 2533274800521306;5:
> > > > 2535419587718390;3:
> > > > I think it’s an improvement over 2020’s showing, but the glove textures could use some work, so could some gun textures.
> > >
> > > You’re zooming in on alpha footage that’s compressed into a video format. It’s really hard to tell what final day one texture rendering will look like.
> >
> > Of course we can’t tell what final day one will look like, which is why 343 Industries welcomes feedback pre-release. So they can improve before final release.
>
> True, but zooming in on a compressed video isn’t a great way to judge graphics.

Zooming in lets you see what parts are lacking.

“It is awesome to see how much the community cares about the visual fidelity of our beloved franchise. We will always welcome feedback and look at taking appropriate actions to address that when and where it is feasible.”

If a zoomed in asset in Infinite looks worse than a zoomed in asset in an older game, that’s attention worth improving.

> 2533274828579121;9:
> > 2535418026669860;2:
> > Agreed! On the graphics, did you notice ray tracing in the gameplay shown? Last July, 343 mentioned ray tracing support would be released in a future update and not ready at launch. After a year delay I really hope its there on day one.
>
> I’m not super sold on needing ray tracing for fast paced shooters like Halo in multiplayer; that being said I’d be more inclined to expect ray tracing during the campaign as you have the ability to slow down there and take the atmosphere in, to really enjoy such things like that.

Not a necessity for multiplayer, but when people are still having a poor response to the graphics presented in the gameplay shown this week (much fewer than last year) - ray tracing is starting to become expected in next-gen titles whether players know what they’re looking at or not. Campaign I definitely want to experience with all that the engine offers graphically. Just the glow of Plasma Pistols, Plasma Grenades exploding, Spartans’ visors, etc. would only further immerse you into the game. And you’re right, we haven’t seen new campaign gameplay yet.

> 2535418026669860;12:
> > 2533274828579121;9:
> > > 2535418026669860;2:
> > > Agreed! On the graphics, did you notice ray tracing in the gameplay shown? Last July, 343 mentioned ray tracing support would be released in a future update and not ready at launch. After a year delay I really hope its there on day one.
> >
> > I’m not super sold on needing ray tracing for fast paced shooters like Halo in multiplayer; that being said I’d be more inclined to expect ray tracing during the campaign as you have the ability to slow down there and take the atmosphere in, to really enjoy such things like that.
>
> Not a necessity for multiplayer, but when people are still having a poor response to the graphics presented in the gameplay shown this week (much fewer than last year) - ray tracing is starting to become expected in next-gen titles whether players know what they’re looking at or not. Campaign I definitely want to experience with all that the engine offers graphically. Just the glow of Plasma Pistols, Plasma Grenades exploding, Spartans’ visors, etc. would only further immerse you into the game. And you’re right, we haven’t seen new campaign gameplay yet.

I agree, with the new tech, graphics cards, CPUs etc. I would love to see all that can be done with Halo Infinite, especially in the campaign. I don’t need 4k resolution (even though I have that ability), I’d take great frame rate and visuals at a lower resolution any day over having to be in 4k. So I am totally on board for seeing what they can make this new engine do for this game.

> 2535420423878127;10:
> If they add raytracing i hope its an option you can toggle.

It’d literally have to be for the pc crowd, and just be off for the xbox one crowd.

Saying the graphic is medium good or awefull based on a video Higly compressed by youtube isn’t the best way to find out lol.
Play the f2p multi-player when it released and see for yourself.

> 2535423666224460;1:
> I love the new graphics, I know they are not so great and things like that, but they seemed to me the best, it is extremely beautiful, the sounds of weapons, armor, vehicles, the new AI that will accompany the master chief , etc. 343 really did show off what they showed us and I just can’t wait for the new Halo to come out.

The graphics are perfect for Halo. Not too realistic, not too cartoony. A good middle ground. It’s a gorgeous game who found it’s unique artstyle again.