The Grand "Crusades" Game Mode as

So, with the return of a more classic art style, black undersuits and the like, I think it’s pretty safe to assume that 343 has listened to fan feedback and is adjusting their course when it comes to halo. So I would like the community’s opinion on a new game mode, thought up and put in video by a youtuber knows as “The Act Man” and the possibility of something like it appearing in halo infinite. To clarify, this game mode has been presented to the forums before, but a long time ago and with little engagement outside of poll results, but that doesn’t really show the real amount of people who answered the poll.

So enough of that, I will insert a link (or not, since I don’t have the ability to it would seem) to the youtube video from “The Act Man”, detailing this game mode, and give a brief (not) summary with a couple of my own ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkRkDLMAgYw

So the basic idea of the game mode is that it combines invasion from halo: reach, dominion from halo 4 and warzone from halo 5: guardians and even game modes from other franchises to some extent. So the way this would work is that the battles would be elites vs. spartans (of course there is even the possibility of insurgents vs. unsc and covenant vs. separatists for some variety). The matches would proceed like invasion matches from halo: reach, with map-specific objectives moving along as they’re completed. One idea was a map where the covenant use drop pods to assault the pillar of autumn, where spartans would be the ones defending and elites obviously attacking. There would be loadouts, which could use the halo 4 and 5 model of being customizable, or the reach model of being static. I would frankly prefer the on-the-go customization of halo 5. There would also be vehicles and weapons on the map, but also ways to acquire them through a sort of call-in or req system (without the microtransactions. If the reqs were unlockable and not just map-specific, a way to balance it would be making a req loadout system that uses a point limit when selecting your reqs, making players force choosing between quality and quantity. For example, you could have a grunt squads, jackal squads and power weapons of different strength for all stages of the game, or you could have something more powerful, like an elite kill team and just a couple of very powerful power weapons, like fuel rods and snipers). I personally think these could even include the ability the spawn AI units, like hunters or heavily armed ODST. There would also be deployables, like barricades, covenant shields and mounted weapons. There would also be numerous things to spice the gameplay up, like automatic defense turrets for the humans, interactive blast doors to open and close off certain paths, and AI soldiers on both sides of the battle, going at each other. So the battle would start in the corridors with the small flanking hallways, the elites’ objective being to go through or past the human defenses to capture a strategic point like a control room for the hangar doors, or even multiple capture points before the main objective to work as respawns. After the first objective was taken, the battle would move on to the large, open hangar of the ship, where the covenant would have to sabotage or destroy the human’s smaller ships.
This part of the battle could have some vehicular combat, and would have the elites spawning at either control points or through phantoms and spirits bringing in troops to the hangar. Once that objective was complete, the elites would move to take the bridge, where they would have to secure it or even kill captain Keyes. The elites would at all stages have either a spawn or a time limit to complete the objective before losing. After a round, the sides would switch like in invasion, and the team that got further in less time or deaths wins.

The idea of this game mode would be to use all the tools available to create an experience where they players could feel like they were a part of their favourite battles from the halo universe, even the expanded universe stuff, creating an immersive and fun experience. While the maps would take quite a lot of effort, they could be used for multiple game modes, like parts could be used as standard slayer, capture the flag and point control maps and parts as maybe firefight maps, or for any other game mode really. This game mode would have endless possibilities for scenarios, and in some of them 343 could even include other factions like sentinels or the flood as map hazards for both teams. The maps could even be used for another sick game mode, where one team of players would try to defend or attack against powerful waves of AI enemies, either from the “standard” factions or more unique ones like the flood, kind of like how warzone firefight works.

So what do you guys think? Would you like to play a game mode like this or not? What are your ideas for changing or improving it? Do you think it would be realistic for 343 to undertake such a large project and implement such a game mode? Please tell me your thoughts below, I would much like for this thread to pick up. I personally think that this game mode is well within the realm of possibility, since warzone already makes use of most of the more complex elements, and since the maps could be reused for other game modes it would’t be that much of a burden on the map team.

If done right it sounds pretty cool. The acting male makes pretty good videos.

> 2533274913290966;1:
> So, with the return of a more classic art style, black undersuits and the like, I think it’s pretty safe to assume that 343 has listened to fan feedback and is adjusting their course when it comes to halo.

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume this. They’ve heard feedback for years and gone their own way. If they actually do revert to classic gameplay I’ll be very surprised. As for your thread subject, I’d be open to this but it sounds hard to execute.

> 2779900484279609;3:
> > 2533274913290966;1:
> > So, with the return of a more classic art style, black undersuits and the like, I think it’s pretty safe to assume that 343 has listened to fan feedback and is adjusting their course when it comes to halo.
>
> I wouldn’t be so quick to assume this. They’ve heard feedback for years and gone their own way. If they actually do revert to classic gameplay I’ll be very surprised. As for your thread subject, I’d be open to this but it sounds hard to execute.

Oh, I’m not sure they’ll revert to classic gameplay. I actually think they will try their best to keep their sprints and other movement abilities, but I do think they are definitely listening somewhat, possibly because going their own way as you said was not getting a positive response. And frankly, as I stated at the end of my post, most of the systems like AI in pvp scenarions, large maps and loadout systems and req systems have all been done before. I believe that 343 can do it after they created both warzone and dominion.

Act Man gives cool concepts and ideas. Glad someone brought this to the forum posts.

Mashing these ideas with classic gameplay/mechanics, in my opinion, would be phenominal.

> 2533274874014416;5:
> Act Man gives cool concepts and ideas. Glad someone brought this to the forum posts.
>
> Mashing these ideas with classic gameplay/mechanics, in my opinion, would be phenominal.

As I stated above, I don’t necessarily think it’s likely that Halo: Infinite will move much toward classic gameplay, at least in the movement department. I do think that ADS is something 343 could realistically remove, but I find it unlikely that they would remove the new movement system, even if somewhat controversial. Personally, I didn’t like the new movement abilities that much, but I didn’t really mind them. The ADS, however, just felt like too much. The increased accuracy and range provided to conventionally short-range weapons and greater movement because of sprint and climbing made even very large maps feel kind of small. What didn’t help in that department was also the fact that many parts of warzone maps felt unused. There was a massive amount of space on the sides where people usually had very little reason to go, since point control was so crucial. And while increased movement speed contributes, I think a much larger problem is that moving across large areas became much more dangerous with the abundance of precision weapons and increased range of non-precision weapons. In general, I think it’s bad to improve short-range weapons by increasing their range, since it just erodes the identities of weapons. I would personally hope they remove ADS, keep the classic zoom for weapons like battle rifles, DMRs and magnums, and just make short-range weapons better if needed and maybe tweak the new abilities like ground pound a bit, like making ground pound faster and more fluid to do by making it not suspend you in mid air or such.

Just make reference to Battlefield V Breakthrough or Frontier mode, we need more in H:I.

> 2533274791734613;7:
> Just make reference to Battlefield V Breakthrough or Frontier mode, we need more in H:I.

One of the inspirations for this game mode was BF1 operations mode, but since I haven’t played it I wouldn’t know exactly how much.

Yes, objective modes in Halo 5 are too old, no fun for me. We need large scale battles just like Battlefield settings for casuals. Halo has vehicles, weapon variety, drop pods, but lacks of classes, squad system, spotting feature for no-mic players.

> 2533274913290966;1:
> So, with the return of a more classic art style, black undersuits and the like, I think it’s pretty safe to assume that 343 has listened to fan feedback and is adjusting their course when it comes to halo. So I would like the community’s opinion on a new game mode, thought up and put in video by a youtuber knows as “The Act Man” and the possibility of something like it appearing in halo infinite. To clarify, this game mode has been presented to the forums before, but a long time ago and with little engagement outside of poll results, but that doesn’t really show the real amount of people who answered the poll.
>
> So enough of that, I will insert a link (or not, since I don’t have the ability to it would seem) to the youtube video from “The Act Man”, detailing this game mode, and give a brief (not) summary with a couple of my own ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkRkDLMAgYw
>
> So the basic idea of the game mode is that it combines invasion from halo: reach, dominion from halo 4 and warzone from halo 5: guardians and even game modes from other franchises to some extent. So the way this would work is that the battles would be elites vs. spartans (of course there is even the possibility of insurgents vs. unsc and covenant vs. separatists for some variety). The matches would proceed like invasion matches from halo: reach, with map-specific objectives moving along as they’re completed. One idea was a map where the covenant use drop pods to assault the pillar of autumn, where spartans would be the ones defending and elites obviously attacking. There would be loadouts, which could use the halo 4 and 5 model of being customizable, or the reach model of being static. I would frankly prefer the on-the-go customization of halo 5. There would also be vehicles and weapons on the map, but also ways to acquire them through a sort of call-in or req system (without the microtransactions. If the reqs were unlockable and not just map-specific, a way to balance it would be making a req loadout system that uses a point limit when selecting your reqs, making players force choosing between quality and quantity. For example, you could have a grunt squads, jackal squads and power weapons of different strength for all stages of the game, or you could have something more powerful, like an elite kill team and just a couple of very powerful power weapons, like fuel rods and snipers). I personally think these could even include the ability the spawn AI units, like hunters or heavily armed ODST. There would also be deployables, like barricades, covenant shields and mounted weapons. There would also be numerous things to spice the gameplay up, like automatic defense turrets for the humans, interactive blast doors to open and close off certain paths, and AI soldiers on both sides of the battle, going at each other. So the battle would start in the corridors with the small flanking hallways, the elites’ objective being to go through or past the human defenses to capture a strategic point like a control room for the hangar doors, or even multiple capture points before the main objective to work as respawns. After the first objective was taken, the battle would move on to the large, open hangar of the ship, where the covenant would have to sabotage or destroy the human’s smaller ships.
> This part of the battle could have some vehicular combat, and would have the elites spawning at either control points or through phantoms and spirits bringing in troops to the hangar. Once that objective was complete, the elites would move to take the bridge, where they would have to secure it or even kill captain Keyes. The elites would at all stages have either a spawn or a time limit to complete the objective before losing. After a round, the sides would switch like in invasion, and the team that got further in less time or deaths wins.
>
> The idea of this game mode would be to use all the tools available to create an experience where they players could feel like they were a part of their favourite battles from the halo universe, even the expanded universe stuff, creating an immersive and fun experience. While the maps would take quite a lot of effort, they could be used for multiple game modes, like parts could be used as standard slayer, capture the flag and point control maps and parts as maybe firefight maps, or for any other game mode really. This game mode would have endless possibilities for scenarios, and in some of them 343 could even include other factions like sentinels or the flood as map hazards for both teams. The maps could even be used for another sick game mode, where one team of players would try to defend or attack against powerful waves of AI enemies, either from the “standard” factions or more unique ones like the flood, kind of like how warzone firefight works.
>
> So what do you guys think? Would you like to play a game mode like this or not? What are your ideas for changing or improving it? Do you think it would be realistic for 343 to undertake such a large project and implement such a game mode? Please tell me your thoughts below, I would much like for this thread to pick up. I personally think that this game mode is well within the realm of possibility, since warzone already makes use of most of the more complex elements, and since the maps could be reused for other game modes it would’t be that much of a burden on the map team.

This is a pretty common idea that’s appeared in threads before even halo 4 released and I dunno if this thread is necessary to discuss it as it’s been done to death but yes I would like a mode like this. I’ve outlined how I’d like it implemented many times before so I wont reiterate. I have been pushing for the Modular philosophy of halo 3 ever since it launched and totally agree that it’s crazy not to have had it continue in subsequent releases. This is the type of thing that should be in customs that are integrated into playlists over time. This sort of thing could be used as a reason to revive forge world and give it a purpose outside of forge mode. We could see Btb modes, pve modes, orbital drop shock royal, firefight, infinity firefight, floodfight(pve infection), floodzone, territories and a revival of machinema ect. Assets should be used more intellegintly across the board.

> 2533274913290966;6:
> > 2533274874014416;5:
> > Act Man gives cool concepts and ideas. Glad someone brought this to the forum posts.
> >
> > Mashing these ideas with classic gameplay/mechanics, in my opinion, would be phenominal.
>
> As I stated above, I don’t necessarily think it’s likely that Halo: Infinite will move much toward classic gameplay, at least in the movement department. I do think that ADS is something 343 could realistically remove, but I find it unlikely that they would remove the new movement system, even if somewhat controversial. Personally, I didn’t like the new movement abilities that much, but I didn’t really mind them. The ADS, however, just felt like too much. The increased accuracy and range provided to conventionally short-range weapons and greater movement because of sprint and climbing made even very large maps feel kind of small. What didn’t help in that department was also the fact that many parts of warzone maps felt unused. There was a massive amount of space on the sides where people usually had very little reason to go, since point control was so crucial. And while increased movement speed contributes, I think a much larger problem is that moving across large areas became much more dangerous with the abundance of precision weapons and increased range of non-precision weapons. In general, I think it’s bad to improve short-range weapons by increasing their range, since it just erodes the identities of weapons. I would personally hope they remove ADS, keep the classic zoom for weapons like battle rifles, DMRs and magnums, and just make short-range weapons better if needed and maybe tweak the new abilities like ground pound a bit, like making ground pound faster and more fluid to do by making it not suspend you in mid air or such.

Well considering the new movement was following a then dying now deceased Trent of advanced movement in shooters I don’t see why it wouldn’t be plausible to remove it in infinite.

This would definitely be a fantastic game mode. And yes, Act Man makes good videos. I even have him as a friend on Xbox One (though he rarely talks to me, probably making more videos are something).

I watched that video when it was first released, and I fell in love with the idea. If it gets put in, I’ll be super excited. If it doesn’t I won’t be heartbroken. It is a really well thought-through idea though.