The Golden Age?

Every great empire starts with an idea and a basic foundation. You build a castle one brick at a time, no?
It will take time for Halo Infinite to grow and mature, and in this time we will be left with an empire still being built. Of course it is not finished, when can such a thing ever truly be finished? Live service games are constantly growing and expanding, adding new features and bringing back old ones. I understand for many, this would seem like an “excuse” and that 343 should be prosecuted for their late releases of multiplayer modes. I however see past this, and I see before me the next golden age of Halo. The greatest yet.
With nearly every current Halo fan pooling into this game plus all the new players to arrive, this game is going to be huge. Everything is going to feel equal parts nostalgiac and new, with something for literally every kind of player.
It’s going to be glorious.
All I gotta say now is…

I’m ready! How 'bout you?!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This optimism is very unwarranted and frankly baseless.

GAAS is a cancer in the industry along with all types of micro transactions.

but don’t let me stop you from having fun.

Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?

All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.

They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.

Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?

They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.

> 2533274817747391;2:
>

I wasn’t planning on it.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?
>
> All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.
>
> They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.
>
> Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?
>
> They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.

^This

My problem is that everyone’s calling this the biggest Halo ever… but some insiders claim that it’s actually pretty short for a Halo game. Joseph Staten even beat the game twice in a week. I’m not expecting something huge for campaign honestly. I’m expecting campaign to be 5-7 hours long, and huge emphasis on the f2p multiplayer.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?
>
> All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.
>
> They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.
>
> Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?
>
> They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.

We’ve got plenty of evidence…Gameplay reveals, a small portion of the map revealed, blogs, videos, streams. Confirmed new modes, new set of maps, more customization at launch than any other Halo game to date. Not to mention it’s live service and Seasonal, which means a constant flow of content on top of it already being larger than any previous Halo. Big Team Battle is getting a rework and is getting a player count boost too. Y’all act like the entire game is pay-walled which is very much incorrect.

> 2535441918993765;5:
> > 2533274964189700;3:
> > Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?
> >
> > All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.
> >
> > They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.
> >
> > Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?
> >
> > They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.
>
> ^This
>
> My problem is that everyone’s calling this the biggest Halo ever… but some insiders claim that it’s actually pretty short for a Halo game. Joseph Staten even beat the game twice in a week. I’m not expecting something huge for campaign honestly. I’m expecting campaign to be 5-7 hours long, and huge emphasis on the f2p multiplayer.

If only they confirmed that we’d be getting post-launch Campaign content too. Oh, wait
Even if the base Campaign is average length when you’re running straight through and beating it asap, there’s alot in the actual story and environment to explore and navigate and enjoy, not to mention what I just mentioned, post-launch Campaign content for both Chief and Multiplayer

You may build a castle one brick at a time, but you don’t move in while it’s still under construction. Would you move into a house that only has the floorboards and wall posts up? Not only would it be miserable, but the workers have to work around you and your stuff without putting you at risk or disturbing your stuff in the process. It’s far more efficient and easier to develop and service software BEFORE its release than after.

GaaS, SaaS, and AGILE are nothing more than a marketing scams. Rather than get a full product and a long term support and and enhancement cycle, we’re spending an unknown chunk of that cycle simply trying to match the feature parity of older complete titles.

> 2533274869271738;8:
> You may build a castle one brick at a time, but you don’t move in while it’s still under construction. Would you move into a house that only has the floorboards and wall posts up? Not only would it be miserable, but the workers have to work around you and your stuff without putting you at risk or disturbing your stuff in the process. It’s far more efficient and easier to develop and service software BEFORE its release than after.
>
> GaaS, SaaS, and AGILE are nothing more than a marketing scams. Rather than get a full product and a long term support and and enhancement cycle, we’re spending an unknown chunk of that cycle simply trying to match the feature parity of older complete titles.

Yup and another insidious implication of gamepass in The longer term future.

microsoft is incentivized to develop more and more of their current and new IP into GAAS early access trash loaded with micro transactions.

Since they won’t be making nearly as much as traditional sales on 1st party IP, it will be just cheaper to release unfinished games with Microtransactions. They have the option to completely abandon any title if it doesn’t get enough players thus cutting down on delvelopment time and expenses.

it wouldn’t surprise me if 5-10 years down the line we see fewer and fewer compete games coming from Microsoft studios. Don’t be surprised in Xbox becomes the next Ubisoft.

although it’s not like MS and Xbox has had much actually to show for all their acquisitions in the last 4 years.

Live service games is a constant boring waiting game. Full of monetization and lack of content.

> 2533274869271738;8:
> You may build a castle one brick at a time, but you don’t move in while it’s still under construction. Would you move into a house that only has the floorboards and wall posts up? Not only would it be miserable, but the workers have to work around you and your stuff without putting you at risk or disturbing your stuff in the process. It’s far more efficient and easier to develop and service software BEFORE its release than after.
>
> GaaS, SaaS, and AGILE are nothing more than a marketing scams. Rather than get a full product and a long term support and and enhancement cycle, we’re spending an unknown chunk of that cycle simply trying to match the feature parity of older complete titles.

This is kind of a tin-foil hat theory you’ve got going on here mate. Games 10+ years ago were not as large as they are now in every sense of the word, and resource allocation and a limited corporate deadline given by any publisher, but in this case Microsoft, means that these games that are taking almost a full decade to produce are being pushed to be released early whether the devs like it or not. Halo Infinite will release a full and complete game. I think you’re spending way too much time looking at what Halo Infinite doesn’t have at launch in comparison to the old games, and not enough time looking at the absolutely godly amount of content that Halo Infinite has over those old games. You can’t just count one and a half missing modes as a bare-bones and naked experience and completely ignore everything else the devs have done for and with this game. An open and continuously evolving Campaign and Multiplayer story, social and ranked modes, a completely reworked BTB gametype, Custom games and Theater, more customization just at launch than any past Halo game, a soundtrack that would make any new and old fan wet themselves, a reworked art style more on par with what old Halo fans from both Halo 3 and Halo Reach enjoy, 4k 120fps on the new Xbox, PC release, crossplay, cross-save, the new Academy mode, Bots…
I mean for fs sake man. You guys spend so much time whining about one and a half temporarily missing modes that you act like “it’s a marketing scam” and they’re releasing what you claim to be a game hardly finished at all.

But yeah sure, go ahead and take a look at all of this, literally out the gate better than any Halo game we’ve gotten before and with more content, and tell me with a straight face that all of this was done just to be a marketing scam so MS can make a quick buck. They wouldn’t shoot their horse like that, nor are 343 the type of developer that is lax about their game. They care, they’re passionate. They listen. If they didn’t, we’d have to pay for Campaign and Multiplayer and every single customization would be pay-walled behind loot boxes.

Look at everything this game has to offer even at launch, even missing Forge and Co-op at launch. Tell me right now that it’s all bull -Yoink- and that this game won’t evolve into an absolute monster of a game that every Halo fan will enjoy. Six months from now there won’t even be a debate as to whether or not Halo Infinite is king. Either that or you’ll still be on the forums blind to everything in front of you, complaining about optional cosmetic micro transactions in a free game.

> 2533274817747391;9:
> > 2533274869271738;8:
> > You may build a castle one brick at a time, but you don’t move in while it’s still under construction. Would you move into a house that only has the floorboards and wall posts up? Not only would it be miserable, but the workers have to work around you and your stuff without putting you at risk or disturbing your stuff in the process. It’s far more efficient and easier to develop and service software BEFORE its release than after.
> >
> > GaaS, SaaS, and AGILE are nothing more than a marketing scams. Rather than get a full product and a long term support and and enhancement cycle, we’re spending an unknown chunk of that cycle simply trying to match the feature parity of older complete titles.
>
> Yup and another insidious implication of gamepass in The longer term future.
>
> microsoft is incentivized to develop more and more of their current and new IP into GAAS early access trash loaded with micro transactions.
>
> aince they won’t be making nearly as much as traditional sales on 1st party IP, it will be just cheaper to release unfinished games with Microtransactions. They have the option to completely abandon any title if it doesn’t get enough players thus cutting down on delvelopment time and expenses.
>
> it wouldn’t surprise me if 5-10 years down the line we see fewer and fewer compete games coming from Microsoft studios.
>
> although it’s not like MS and Xbox has had much actually to show for all their acquisitions in the last 4 years.

Same goes for you too, everything I just said.

> 2533274925473364;10:
> Live service games is a constant boring waiting game. Full of monetization and lack of content.

As opposed to the old Halo games, which were repetitive after months of the same maps and no updates, $60 plus Xbox Live Gold (Which Halo Infinite does not require), with like what, two DLC packs that were also not free?
And yet, yeah, a 100% free game with free updates for years and an optional cosmetic microtransaction system is so much worse…

“Skepticism is the highest duty and blind faith the one unpardonable sin” - Thomas Huxley

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2533274964189700;3:
> > Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?
> >
> > All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.
> >
> > They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.
> >
> > Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?
> >
> > They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.
>
> We’ve got plenty of evidence…Gameplay reveals, a small portion of the map revealed, blogs, videos, streams. Confirmed new modes, new set of maps, more customization at launch than any other Halo game to date. Not to mention it’s live service and Seasonal, which means a constant flow of content on top of it already being larger than any previous Halo. Big Team Battle is getting a rework and is getting a player count boost too. Y’all act like the entire game is pay-walled which is very much incorrect.

The information we have suggests this is going to be an ambitious Halo game with some new features for sure; but it was the community that took that information and embellished it making everyone believe it was going to be this grand open world massive game. There is no hard evidence to support that at all. I haven’t heard of any new game modes, but if they’re confirmed why didn’t you name one? All new Halo games come with new maps. And customization numbers are wildly inflated because they’re counting shader coatings which is literally just disabling your Spartan’s colors and then selling them back to you in the store. And how can you look at what live service has done to the entire gaming ecosystem over the last 10 years and be happy? Halo 5’s entire life as a live service was spent just adding features to the game that should have been there at launch. No, I don’t think this game is pay walled, but it is just as predatory as every other garbage live service franchise people meme on. I mean the option to change your colors is literally in the game and they have it disabled specifically so they can monetize it. You can see it in the tech-preview video since they were playing on their dev accounts. If that doesn’t make you angry then you’re just lost.

> 2670661386182421;13:
> “Skepticism is the highest duty and blind faith the one unpardonable sin” - Thomas Huxley

“Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.” - D. Elton Trueblood

> 2533274908700733;14:
> > 2533274882898126;6:
> > > 2533274964189700;3:
> > > Do we have any evidence that this game is huge?
> > >
> > > All we’ve seen is an area that looks like updated Halo from CE and some small multiplayer maps.
> > >
> > > They haven’t shown us a world map. They haven’t given us an actual size estimate. They haven’t given us a campaign time estimate.
> > >
> > > Do we have any major new modes or features they’ve announced that aren’t just new ways to monetize your spartan’s look?
> > >
> > > They’ve said some vague things about it being large, but they boasted about halo 4 and 5’s campaign lengths, and both times were proven wrong.
> >
> > We’ve got plenty of evidence…Gameplay reveals, a small portion of the map revealed, blogs, videos, streams. Confirmed new modes, new set of maps, more customization at launch than any other Halo game to date. Not to mention it’s live service and Seasonal, which means a constant flow of content on top of it already being larger than any previous Halo. Big Team Battle is getting a rework and is getting a player count boost too. Y’all act like the entire game is pay-walled which is very much incorrect.
>
> The information we have suggests this is going to be an ambitious Halo game with some new features for sure; but it was the community that took that information and embellished it making everyone believe it was going to be this grand open world massive game. There is no hard evidence to support that at all. I haven’t heard of any new game modes, but if they’re confirmed why didn’t you name one? All new Halo games come with new maps. And customization numbers are wildly inflated because they’re counting shader coatings which is literally just disabling your Spartan’s colors and then selling them back to you in the store. And how can you look at what live service has done to the entire gaming ecosystem over the last 10 years and be happy? Halo 5’s entire life as a live service was spent just adding features to the game that should have been there at launch. No, I don’t think this game is pay walled, but it is just as predatory as every other garbage live service franchise people meme on. I mean the option to change your colors is literally in the game and they have it disabled specifically so they can monetize it. You can see it in the tech-preview video since they were playing on their dev accounts. If that doesn’t make you angry then you’re just lost.

I was specifically speaking about the BTB 2.0 mode that was gone over, new Arena game modes are confirmed but not yet named. And i’m not talking about coatings or numbers when i’m talking about customization, i’m talking about how this game has Halo: Reach format full-body customization, personal AI and more armor than any Halo game just at launch. I don’t give a -Yoink- about the colors, because not every coating is paywalled, not even half of them are paywalled. They’ve gone over this multiple times, coatings will be unlock via achievements, challenges, the free battlepass track, the paid battlepass track and sometimes the store. And of course they monetized certain aspects of the game, that’s the entire reason 343 Industries exists, to make money. It’s a business no different from Starbucks other than i’m sure 343 is a little more personally passionate about their game than most companies are, excluding other game devs. That and there’s enough colors to pick from when you start for you to be able to pick your own favorite color.