The Goblin Grunt

Hello fellow Halo player,

recently i saw that UNSC could snipe my Goblin grunts. How is this possible?
As far as I know, snipers can’t attack vehicle or buildings, just infantery.
In discription it says, that the Goblin Grunt is a mech, so it shouldn’t get sniped. You can’ t snipe Johnson’ Mantises or Colossi, so it’s a bit unfair and makes the Goblin Grunts pretty weak in the super early game, when defending a rush.
What do you think , should the GG stay the way they are or get fixed ?

> 2533274869431087;1:
> Hello fellow Halo player,
>
> recently i saw that UNSC could snipe my Goblin grunts. How is this possible?
> As far as I know, snipers can’t attack vehicle or buildings, just infantery.
> In discription it says, that the Goblin Grunt is a mech, so it shouldn’t get sniped. You can’ snipe Johnson’ Mantises or Colossi, so it’s a bit unfair and makes the Goblin Grunts pretty weak in the super early game, when defending a rush.
> What do you think , should the GG stay the way they are or get fixed ?

I love Goblins but this is a solid weakness early. However, Infantry is the most diverse unit in game and would like them to stay where they are. Besides, Yap specializes infantry and to make Gobs count as mech is not infantry.

The Grunt Goblins are considered infantry units.

> 2533274812650916;3:
> The Grunt Goblins are considered infantry units.

Pointing out the obvious I see.

> 2535428931727626;4:
> > 2533274812650916;3:
> > The Grunt Goblins are considered infantry units.
>
> Pointing out the obvious I see.

OP asked how snipers were able to hit his Goblins. I informed him why that is.

Johnson and Cyclops are Mechs but are Infantry, just like the Grunt Goblin.

I guess the grunt goblin is an infantry unit like how the cyclops and Decimus’ tank suit are infantry units. It don’t make sense, but you just gotta deal with it.

While we’re on the subject, why was it decided to give YapYap 3 Goblins as heroes instead of just one?

> 2533274907965798;8:
> While we’re on the subject, why was it decided to give YapYap 3 Goblins as heroes instead of just one?

Because Yapyap’s has a “Strength in numbers” playstyle.

> 2533274881158472;9:
> > 2533274907965798;8:
> > While we’re on the subject, why was it decided to give YapYap 3 Goblins as heroes instead of just one?
>
> Because Yapyap’s has a “Strength in numbers” playstyle.

This “strength in numbers” is also his bane. Goblins are the most exspenive and least cost effective units at T1.

> 2533274881158472;9:
> > 2533274907965798;8:
> > While we’re on the subject, why was it decided to give YapYap 3 Goblins as heroes instead of just one?
>
> Because Yapyap’s has a “Strength in numbers” playstyle.

Still, the Goblin serving more as a healing unit feels wasted. They kick butt in Halo 5 but hardly intimidate anybody. I see a Forgehog or Voridus at my base I panic but Goblins get the same reaction out of me as I would if I saw 5 heavy grunts stroll up.

the poor grunt goblins , they have terrible dps at tech 1, a broken hero icon and are slower than a slug on sticky paper

> 2533274907965798;11:
> > 2533274881158472;9:
> > > 2533274907965798;8:
> > > While we’re on the subject, why was it decided to give YapYap 3 Goblins as heroes instead of just one?
> >
> > Because Yapyap’s has a “Strength in numbers” playstyle.
>
> Still, the Goblin serving more as a healing unit feels wasted. They kick butt in Halo 5 but hardly intimidate anybody. I see a Forgehog or Voridus at my base I panic but Goblins get the same reaction out of me as I would if I saw 5 heavy grunts stroll up.

5 heavy grunts is far more intimidating than Goblins at t1.

I have been playing yap yap an awfull lot lately i find the goblins a must in all my armies and always get 3 of them out at the beginning. their damage is a little bit weak early on but once you get shardstorm launcher it is another story. and that grunt hustle ability is just my favorite thing in the world.