The game needs bots (ai players)

(ai controlled players)

There’s no offline wargames, that’s a bad thing.

you’re at a dissadvantage when you have less teamates in objective games, that’s a bad thing

Some games such as infected are asymmetrical and need extra players on one side to ensure that players on the weaker side aren’t getting killed every second. This doesn’t happen, that’s a bad thing

Npc Ai could do well to be more bot like, they’re dumb as -Yoink- and giving them much more health and damage to compensate isn’t fun, that’s a bad thing.

Therefore we need ai!

Perfect Dark bots in Halo. Oh my god I’d be so happy.

I believe Bots in a custom games/forge/offline would be fun but no way in war games. They would have to be fine tuned so much to compete like a normal player and not be abused.

> I believe Bots in a custom games/forge/offline would be fun but no way in war games. They would have to be fine tuned so much to compete like a normal player and not be abused.

If there were ranked/social playlists, I would say keep them out of ranked and maybe use them to replace players who drop out in social games.

Since that’s not the case, I agree they shouldn’t be in online matches at all.

> > I believe Bots in a custom games/forge/offline would be fun but no way in war games. They would have to be fine tuned so much to compete like a normal player and not be abused.
>
> If there were ranked/social playlists, I would say keep them out of ranked and maybe use them to replace players who drop out in social games.
>
> Since that’s not the case, I agree they shouldn’t be in online matches at all.

Yeah agreed in social they wouldn’t be to bad but they wouldn’t work in ranked I fully agree there. Don’t know why there isn’t a ranked and social playlist .

Yes. Bots are a great way to balance teams in customs, help noobs learn the maps and introduce them to MM, help offline players enjoy MM simulation offline, and help forgers play test their maps.

This has always been a great feature in FPS games. Do it 343i! It won’t be for nothing.

But they wont work on forge maps.

YES.

I don’t have XBL but I can still enjoy Gears of War 3’s versus mode thanks to its bots.

> Perfect Dark bots in Halo. Oh my god I’d be so happy.

Some of the best bots in any game.

probably true, but if the game can update it’s lights then it can probably update it’s navmesh too

I want there to be a custom/offline multi with bots. I want to play gametypes everyone else might not want to (everyone likes TDM or derivatives of it seems).

Major setbacks:

Halo physics engine
Inability to play on purely forged maps
The sheer amount of coding to get a PROTOTYPE

I love the idea but it won’t happen. They added JIP for a reason.

Bots?

No.

That is the last thin Halo needs.

Putting AI’s in Multiplayer would result in 24-7 Firefight.

I think I’d give up completely from all the lag.

Not for online play, but I’d love to mess about with bots offline or in customs (or something like that). Would give me a chance to try out different loadouts/tactics before taking them to WarGames :slight_smile:

Oh my god, no.

I’ve been wanting bots in Halo for a long time. I don’t care if they can’t be used in matchmaking but for offline play would be amazing. I’d never stop playing the game. If they gave the bots as much flexibility as Blops 2 has and the insane difficulty that Gears 3 bots are like it would be perfect.

Anyone who says bots are stupid clearly hasn’t thought this through … If you like campaign or Spartan Ops (which is fighting against AI BOTS) then there is no reason people can’t enjoy offline mulitplayer style bot matches. That would make my day.