The Game Itself

Though the game itself was great and strongly made up for the serious colossal crap that was Halo 2 and 3. Sorry the games are not as good as the first as they seem more geared for ND graphic and online multiplayer games, and lacking in quality story line and actual game content. Halo Reach though seemed to bring back the feel of the original Halo.

Though for all its greatness there is one issue that I wish to express to Bungie and 343 Industries, since there is no direct customer feedback options…That is maybe some people like it, but if I wanted to play a game where the hero dies I will play Call of Duty, since they seem to want to kill off every character in there games, with so far the exception of one…

What?

> Though the game itself was great and strongly made up for the serious colossal crap that was Halo 2 and 3. Sorry the games are not as good as the first as they seem more geared for ND graphic and online multiplayer games, and lacking in quality story line and actual game content. Halo Reach though seemed to bring back the feel of the original Halo.
>
> Though for all its greatness there is one issue that I wish to express to Bungie and 343 Industries, since there is no direct customer feedback options…That is maybe some people like it, but if I wanted to play a game where the hero dies I will play Call of Duty, since they seem to want to kill off every character in there games, with so far the exception of one…

Your opinion is along the lines of a great friend of mine.

Each Halo game has innovated something which made it great. Truth Halo 2 and 3 had their moments which can be argued benefited/hurt the franchise, but Reach and its greatness is no different then them. I can tell you want to convey your disappointment in the killing off of Noble Team, but the beauty of situations like those is not found in their deaths. When Reach fell, their was a single entity left and he was charged with the hardest mission anyone could have been handed. To capture an enemy prophet in a last ditch attempt to end the war. this level of desperation called for the deaths of Noble Team and the thousands of Spartan III’s which perished. I do agree though, if you have to kill off characters in the future 343, please avoid killing off key one’s we control. the impact of seeing fellow A.I.'s dying in circumstances we’ve seen other Spartans pull off is something of a disappointment to the fans who follow the Halo Lore.

EDIT: Welcome to Waypoint, Nameless.

They were all great games, every single one of them.

I’ve always said, Halo 3 set the bar too high and Reach never…reached it or surpassed it. The original series Halo 1-3 were the best imo.

> I’ve always said, Halo 3 set the bar too high and Reach never…reached it or surpassed it. The original series Halo 1-3 were the best imo.

Yes, I think Halo 3 was just too great and delivered too many good memories, games, ect. that people set their expectations too high and ended up being disappointed completely. In my opinion, Halo 3’s campaign was 10x better than Halo CE and Halo 2 even though they’re all the best campaigns that I have ever played in a FPS and also the best story.

> > I’ve always said, Halo 3 set the bar too high and Reach never…reached it or surpassed it. The original series Halo 1-3 were the best imo.
>
> Yes, I think Halo 3 was just too great and delivered too many good memories, games, ect. that people set their expectations too high and ended up being disappointed completely. In my opinion, Halo 3’s campaign was 10x better than Halo CE and Halo 2 even though they’re all the best campaigns that I have ever played in a FPS and also the best story.

I have hope for Halo 4.

> > > I’ve always said, Halo 3 set the bar too high and Reach never…reached it or surpassed it. The original series Halo 1-3 were the best imo.
> >
> > Yes, I think Halo 3 was just too great and delivered too many good memories, games, ect. that people set their expectations too high and ended up being disappointed completely. In my opinion, Halo 3’s campaign was 10x better than Halo CE and Halo 2 even though they’re all the best campaigns that I have ever played in a FPS and also the best story.
>
> I have hope for Halo 4.

Well, I’m pretty satisfied with fifty free spartan ops missions, a campaign involving master chief and they said they made some improvements to forge. That’s good enough for me!

Actually I think the bar was set too high with the original Halo game, I know you all like 2 and 3, but I personally found them boring, and was not as attached to the game play as with the first one. The missions seemed longer and more active in the original game, whereas 2 and 3 seemed to run through them fast nor did I like the switching back and forth in Halo 2 between characters, really I beat them both on normal in 2-3 days vs the original game near 4-5 days, and were focused more on HD graphics and multiplayer online gaming. Hard to really explain it, but to me there was a big difference…Reach was the first game after the original Halo that actually had the feel, to me, of the first game, granted I didn’t like all the piloting around, I would rather fly by choice and prefer more of the on the ground and shooting.

Personally, other than the hero getting whacked at the end, I found Reach far better than Halo 2 and 3. I understand the desperation of the game, but there was no point of purpose to it, and was the same meaninglessness as Peterson’s death at the end of the “Green Berets” for those that have actually seen that propaganda classic of the Vietnam War. Having served in the military it was a meaningless pointless death that really served no real purpose, no matter what the situation, as escape and evade would have been the more prudent option, given mission completion, of live to find another day, and not waste yourself like a Kamikaze pilot for nothing…for a Spartan that is supposed to have a super superior tactic knowledge, it was a huge tactical mistake of Bungie in the story line…only a fool would not E&E after the mission accomplishment, especially given the extreme tactical value a Spartan III is, stand and fight, and die, for no reason…

I liked Reach’s story. The planet Reach was completely controlled by the humans until the Covenant literally just take through brute force. The story is one of how powerful the Covenant is and how desperate we have become. Yeah no one wants to see characters they like die but honestly the story would not be good if noble team magically survived. They would have died on Halo anyway since only Chief survived. Also Master Chief trait most often mentioned was his luck not actual skill.