The game isnt out yet and I'm already disappointed

Players will not be awarded XP for completing/winning matches or getting kills but only via completing challenges. Oh and no coop or forge at launch, we’re already on for a great start.

You know your multiplayer is heading in the wrong direction when you make it so players who are getting top of the leaderboard and winning matches get 0 XP unless your challenges allow it with a ‘get x amount of kills’ challenge etc. If you get a bunch of ‘complete x amount of games’ challenges then you may as well sit your controller down and afk those matches since there’d be 0 difference in rewards.

This hasn’t been implemented for players enjoyment, it’s been implemented so they can force people to spend credits on buying more challenges from the store. Thank you yet again 343 for stomping all over the legacy that was halo.

I am split with this. I truly believe if every developer was as open with this stuff then it would lead to the same backlash. When you state things on paper and don’t show the application it leads to the interpretation. This alone can make things seem more minimized or lead to overreactions. I truly believe we are in this state right now where a lot of these issues would of been mostly overlooked if not stated prior to launch. We thankfully can vocalize our opinions as a community which has already led to changes with radar and other aspects of the game.

343i has positioned themselves with past Halo games unfortunately and lost a lot of “good faith” from the community. The skepticism is deserved especially after Halo 5’s marketing campaign and the game in general. It makes sense why people feel like everything that is put out that they disagree with is a doomsday scenario. It feels to some that these things are just making a mountain of issues and it’s up to 343i to show them that they are wrong. It’s essentially the fool me once, twice, and yada yada.

Personally I think we are overreacting as a community however that has been the Halo community since Halo 3. We will find out for better or worse on December 8th.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> I am split with this. I truly believe if every developer was as open with this stuff then it would lead to the same backlash. When you state things on paper and don’t show the application it leads to the interpretation. This alone can make things seem more minimized or lead to overreactions. I truly believe we are in this state right now where a lot of these issues would of been mostly overlooked if not stated prior to launch. We thankfully can vocalize our opinions as a community which has already led to changes with radar and other aspects of the game.
>
> 343i has positioned themselves with past Halo games unfortunately and lost a lot of “good faith” from the community. The skepticism is deserved especially after Halo 5’s marketing campaign and the game in general. It makes sense why people feel like everything that is put out that they disagree with is a doomsday scenario. It feels to some that these things are just making a mountain of issues and it’s up to 343i to show them that they are wrong. It’s essentially the fool me once, twice, and yada yada.
>
> Personally I think we are overreacting as a community however that has been the Halo community since Halo 3. We will find out for better or worse on December 8th.

It wasn’t just stated on paper however, we tested it in the flight. Unless you complete these challenges you will get 0 XP for the game you just completed making your efforts feel wasted.

I know I for one stopped playing because I found it ridiculous that rather than rewarding players who do well they are forcing them to spend a game getting back smacks or some other tedious task which then also screws your team over because players aren’t focusing on getting the win for the team they’re focusing on challenges so they can actually be rewarded.

Why you don’t get XP for both completing/winning matches and getting kills as well as challenges is beyond me. Only way I was able to max my level out in the flight was to buy my levels… and yes they stated the flight was bugged not giving enough challenges and that we’d be getting almost limitless challenges in the release but still players are going to be forced to constantly spend their credits to swap out crap challenges.

If I we’re to be stuck with a bunch of ‘complete x amount of games’ challenges then I for one am not going to be going out of my way during those matches to get a lot of kills because they will essentially be pointless.

> 2533274836627202;3:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > I am split with this. I truly believe if every developer was as open with this stuff then it would lead to the same backlash. When you state things on paper and don’t show the application it leads to the interpretation. This alone can make things seem more minimized or lead to overreactions. I truly believe we are in this state right now where a lot of these issues would of been mostly overlooked if not stated prior to launch. We thankfully can vocalize our opinions as a community which has already led to changes with radar and other aspects of the game.
> >
> > 343i has positioned themselves with past Halo games unfortunately and lost a lot of “good faith” from the community. The skepticism is deserved especially after Halo 5’s marketing campaign and the game in general. It makes sense why people feel like everything that is put out that they disagree with is a doomsday scenario. It feels to some that these things are just making a mountain of issues and it’s up to 343i to show them that they are wrong. It’s essentially the fool me once, twice, and yada yada.
> >
> > Personally I think we are overreacting as a community however that has been the Halo community since Halo 3. We will find out for better or worse on December 8th.
>
> It wasn’t just stated on paper however, we tested it in the beta. Unless you complete these challenges you will get 0 XP for the game you just completed making your time feel wasted.
>
> I know I for one stopped playing because I found it ridiculous that rather than awarding players who do well they are forcing them to spend a game getting back smacks or some other tedious task which then also screws your team over because players aren’t focusing on getting the win for the team they’re focusing on challenges so they can actually be rewarded.
>
> Why you don’t get XP for both completing/winning matches, getting kills and challenges is beyond me. Only way I was able to max my level out in the flight was to buy my levels… and yes they stated the flight was bugged not giving enough challenges and that we’d be getting almost limitless challenges in the release but still players are going to be forced to constantly spend their credits to swap out crap challenges.
>
> If I we’re to be stuck with a bunch of ‘complete x amount of games’ challenges then I for one am not going to be going out of my way during those matches to get a lot of kills because they will essentially be pointless.

Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.

I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to address and hopefully fix the issue

> 2533274836627202;5:
> > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.
>
> I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to hopefully address and fix the issue

I think this issue will be fixed. It’s so simple and really wouldn’t drastically impact the overall progression. We just want some XP to feel like we are constantly moving forward. It’s not like we are asking for 5 matches to equal the XP for one challenge being completed. We just want enough to feel good.

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274836627202;5:
> > > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.
> >
> > I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to hopefully address and fix the issue
>
> I think this issue will be fixed. It’s so simple and really wouldn’t drastically impact the overall progression. We just want some XP to feel like we are constantly moving forward. It’s not like we are asking for 5 matches to equal the XP for one challenge being completed. We just want enough to feel good.

If it affects the amount players are forced to spend in the store though then I can see 343 being hesitant if they’re more focused on $$$ than their community.

(There was an option in the flight to buy credits with irl money that was greyed out so I wouldnt put it past them having purposely designed it this way to squeeze cash out from players like gta online and sharkcards)

I’d like to see how ranked plays into this… I’m fine & content to loose social rank grinds.

> 2533274836627202;7:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274836627202;5:
> > > > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > > > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.
> > >
> > > I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to hopefully address and fix the issue
> >
> > I think this issue will be fixed. It’s so simple and really wouldn’t drastically impact the overall progression. We just want some XP to feel like we are constantly moving forward. It’s not like we are asking for 5 matches to equal the XP for one challenge being completed. We just want enough to feel good.
>
> If it affects the amount players are forced to spend in the store though then I can see 343 being hesitant if they’re more focused on $$$ than their community.
>
> (There was an option in the flight to buy credits with irl money that was greyed out so I wouldnt put it past them having purposely designed it this way to squeeze cash out from players like gta online and sharkcards)

I wouldn’t be surprised and honestly this is how it is in the industry. Does that make it acceptable? Hell no, however this is where the doomsday views get a tiny bit ridiculous. I just want solid in-game only cosmetics that are equal to beating a MMO raid rewards at the highest difficulty and have the ability to flex it.

It’s frustrating that, once again, we are being slowly fed this information before launch, we’ve just come off a really enjoyable technical preview and it’s been followed by concern and disappointment ever since.

…please just write a blog post detailing what is/isn’t shipping at launch & what systems are being changed/removed/introduced into the multiplayer environment,

> 2533274792737987;9:
> > 2533274836627202;7:
> > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > 2533274836627202;5:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > > > > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.
> > > >
> > > > I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to hopefully address and fix the issue
>
> I wouldn’t be surprised and honestly this is how it is in the industry. Do that make it acceptable? Hell no, however the this is where the doomsday views get a tiny bit ridiculous. I just want solid in-game only cosmetics that are equal to beating a MMO raid at the highest difficulty and flexing it.

This was partially why I loved 3’s armor the most, it wasn’t oversaturated with endless amounts of fugly looking armor, most of the really nice looking recognizable stuff had to be unlocked via achievements like get all skulls, splatter with a mongoose in ffa, have over 1000 gamerscore in the game or complete all vidmaster achievements for recon. Then if you saw someone wearing this armor you we’re like ohh -Yoink-. Reach was also good since you knew if certain pieces of armor cost a lot/need a high level. Halo 5 was my absolute most hated since it required no skill to unlock armor just luck with opening req packs hoping the rng decides to give you something that isn’t a complete eyesore.

> 2535417208755760;11:
> > 2533274792737987;9:
> > > 2533274836627202;7:
> > > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > > 2533274836627202;5:
> > > > > > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274836627202;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > > > Fully understand your frustration with the system and I completely agree with it however the impact that this will have for me playing the game is somewhat minimal. It also can be changed relatively simply before launch therefore I am not “upset” with it, but I am disappointed. These parts are not doomsday issues however they should cause concern. If this is fixed it will only reconfirm that they are listening to the community which will only reinforce their messaging after slipping with this.
> > > > >
> > > > > I hope you’re right and this is also why I’m being so vocal about the issue as to hopefully get 343 noticing the concerns to hopefully address and fix the issue
> >
> > I wouldn’t be surprised and honestly this is how it is in the industry. Do that make it acceptable? Hell no, however the this is where the doomsday views get a tiny bit ridiculous. I just want solid in-game only cosmetics that are equal to beating a MMO raid at the highest difficulty and flexing it.
>
> This was partially why I loved 3’s armor the most, it wasn’t oversaturated with endless amounts of fugly looking armor, most of the really nice looking recognizable stuff had to be unlocked via achievements like get all skulls, splatter with a mongoose in ffa, have over 1000 gamerscore in the game or complete all vidmaster achievements for recon. Then if you saw someone wearing this armor you we’re like ohh -Yoink-. Reach was also good since you knew if certain pieces of armor cost a lot/need a high level. Halo 5 was my absolute most hated since it required no skill to unlock armor just luck with opening req packs hoping the rng decides to give you something that isn’t a complete eyesore.

I truly believe Halo Infinite with their system allows this to exist more than ever. I really hope they have seasonal “ultra hard” cosmetics to get for the hardcore players.

If there truly is no actual proper leveling system at launch with XP earned by our own actions, that would mean the only progression in the game will be something you have to pay for. I will not play the multiplayer if this is what happens. I was so excited for Infinite and now that excitement is being shattered. Can’t believe we’ve waited 6 years for this garbage. If 343 would like to prove me wrong, they should probably explain this crap better, because it is not a good look right now. I was already frustrated about the lack of co op at launch but I was actually more excited for the multiplayer and this is ruining it for me months in advance.

Let’s be realistic here 343i/microsoft are not doing all this for keeping us the halo fans/community happy. Number 1 objective is to make money of course, buying battlepass or cosmetics within the game or even buying xp like many will justifies F2P multiplayer. For some in the community challenges will work and if that is not there you will clearly upset that group. It is tough to get the balance right, I suppose we have to try it and see what happens. If it doesn’t work we have to let 343i know.

Also
No Playable Elites
No Dual Weilding
and
No Assassinations

Lets hope that the non XP gain from matches is in regards to the battlepass. If it is, it make sense since the MP is free afterall.
However I hope in its stead for ranked playlists at least, there will be some sort of system like H3’s ranking system.

Ranking system like H3 could work like this:
You have a rank within the UI somewhere, which displays your current rank and how many matches you have to win to rank up and how many before down

I hope 343 changes their plans when it comes to the battle pass systems. It’s not looking great.

To exasperate this issue even further 343i have also said that xp earnt with challenged in the flight was expediated meaning that we were earning more xp for those challenges during the flight than we will during the actual game

They said trhey did this to allow players to “get through the BP in the flight”, issue was if you didn’t use those 3500cr to buy tiers, you couldn’t get enough xp from the challenges to complete the BP
I completed every challenge every day and only got part way through lvl 10 of the BP
so I am very worried about MTX and the very clearly promient role they will be playing in the MP, not only for cosmetics but potentially for those players who only have 1-2 hours a day (max, sometimes less) to play the game

And you already know the dumb challenges like score flags and stuff is gonna just make people betray each other.

Yeah im pretty turned off to this game and its not even out yet. Have yall seen the retailer specific coatings? So to make your Spartan blue in Halo Infinite you HAVE to preorder from Best Buy.

Player first though right?

I think at the very least players should receive XP and Credits for winning the game or being on the winning team. As it stands right now, I could see players in a match running around focusing on completing their individual challenges, rather than being a team player and helping their team reach victory.

For example, one player on your team will be camping the shot gun the whole match to get that “kill X amount of Spartans with the shotgun” challenge XP. Meanwhile another player on your team keeps committing suicide in the Warthog by going for that “Splatter X amount of players in BTB” challenge XP.

It’s worth considering this may lead to some very frustrating matches where your team is simply not concerned with the actual game but their own progression which will greatly affect team work.

It might work out okay, there’s no way to know for sure until December 8th, but I think this is a real concern and worth thinking about.