The game doesnt work on Windows 11 (black screen)

Since the last tech preview I have been trying to play, and it has been impossible. Literally the game won’t even load, it stays on a black screen and never starts. I read that it might be a thread called “DumpTool”, I closed it and it didn’t work. I changed the storage location from my SSD to my HDD and it didn’t work either, deleted dump tool from the folder, and it didn’t work.
Furthermore, I reinstalled it, decided to start with managed privileges and it didn’t work either. My question is how is it possible that they release such a lousy tech preview and have not made the slightest effort to correct a problem that has been going on for months?
I want to think that this will not be the final game, but seeing the laziness and mediocrity of not correcting a bug as extremely serious as this that makes it impossible to play and test a game, makes me think that most likely the game will come out with this bug in its final version and when millions of players can not install it, then they will say “We heard you and we are fixing it”, I also want to make clear that I reported this immediately to the developers since the first tech preview, and clearly reporting this problem was useless and im so -Yoinking!- angry and tired, no matter what I do or how I try to solve it, I come to the conclusion that this problem has no solution, what a disappointment. If they are going to release a tech preview in such dire conditions, better they do nothing of the sort and release a closed beta making sure at least that the game runs.
PS: And yes, I also updated all my drivers.

> 2535412459666961;1:
> Since the last tech preview I have been trying to play, and it has been impossible. Literally the game won’t even load, it stays on a black screen and never starts. I read that it might be a thread called “DumpTool”, I closed it and it didn’t work. I changed the storage location from my SSD to my HDD and it didn’t work either, deleted dump tool from the folder, and it didn’t work.
> Furthermore, I reinstalled it, decided to start with managed privileges and it didn’t work either. My question is how is it possible that they release such a lousy tech preview and have not made the slightest effort to correct a problem that has been going on for months?
> I want to think that this will not be the final game, but seeing the laziness and mediocrity of not correcting a bug as extremely serious as this that makes it impossible to play and test a game, makes me think that most likely the game will come out with this bug in its final version and when millions of players can not install it, then they will say “We heard you and we are fixing it”, I also want to make clear that I reported this immediately to the developers since the first tech preview, and clearly reporting this problem was useless and im so -Yoinking!- angry and tired, no matter what I do or how I try to solve it, I come to the conclusion that this problem has no solution, what a disappointment. If they are going to release a tech preview in such dire conditions, better they do nothing of the sort and release a closed beta making sure at least that the game runs.
> PS: And yes, I also updated all my drivers.

I think the greater likelihood is that we’re looking at another delay. You’re right, seeing a bug as debilitating as this so close to release is very discouraging. I’m using Windows 10 with a Ryzen 3900X and Radeon 6800XT — basically the reference hardware Halo Infinite has been developed for. Yet, like you, I can’t even launch the game.

I have windows 11 and it works for me. I don’t know what the problem could be.

Exactly, it is very strange that a game works on some PC’s and not on others. I really do not understand why this happens, today I reported this again, and I do not know why it fails, I have a R5 3600, 2060 and 16GB RAM. I do not understand why it does not work.

> 2533274953691566;2:
> > 2535412459666961;1:
> > Since the last tech preview I have been trying to play, and it has been impossible. Literally the game won’t even load, it stays on a black screen and never starts. I read that it might be a thread called “DumpTool”, I closed it and it didn’t work. I changed the storage location from my SSD to my HDD and it didn’t work either, deleted dump tool from the folder, and it didn’t work.
> > Furthermore, I reinstalled it, decided to start with managed privileges and it didn’t work either. My question is how is it possible that they release such a lousy tech preview and have not made the slightest effort to correct a problem that has been going on for months?
> > I want to think that this will not be the final game, but seeing the laziness and mediocrity of not correcting a bug as extremely serious as this that makes it impossible to play and test a game, makes me think that most likely the game will come out with this bug in its final version and when millions of players can not install it, then they will say “We heard you and we are fixing it”, I also want to make clear that I reported this immediately to the developers since the first tech preview, and clearly reporting this problem was useless and im so -Yoinking!- angry and tired, no matter what I do or how I try to solve it, I come to the conclusion that this problem has no solution, what a disappointment. If they are going to release a tech preview in such dire conditions, better they do nothing of the sort and release a closed beta making sure at least that the game runs.
> > PS: And yes, I also updated all my drivers.
>
> I think the greater likelihood is that we’re looking at another delay. You’re right, seeing a bug as debilitating as this so close to release is very discouraging. I’m using Windows 10 with a Ryzen 3900X and Radeon 6800XT — basically the reference hardware Halo Infinite has been developed for. Yet, like you, I can’t even launch the game.

What is really worrying, is that it seems that the developers do not read the forum (I think so) because I have seen many threads and in none of them appears even an administrator, that is VERY worrying because it communicates to me, that everything we post here, falls on deaf ears, that is to say that the forum is only for the players to help each other while they wash their hands of the problem.
This is very disappointing :confused: