The future of the Arbiter

Does anyone know if 343i has any plans to bring him in for spartan ops or a future Halo game, I myself really enjoyed his campaign in Halo 2 and would love to be able to play him again or at the very least see him return in some form.

343 will probably bring him back for H5, just to have some pitiful anticlimatic death at the end.

AAAARRRB1DUUR!!! W3R IS U? W3R IS U, ARB1DUR? W3R IS U?!

If he shows up, I want it to be epic.

I’m expecting him to pull off a Dynamic Entry in the middle of a fight with the Didact in Halo 5 with a double-kick to the face, then say some one-liner involving how he used to worship Forerunners but now he’s gonna kick their -Yoink!-

> Does anyone know if 343i has any plans to bring him in for spartan ops or a future Halo game.

Spoiler.

Flood combat forms kill the Arbiter and he becomes a Flood, then a Gravemind comes up and says, “I am your father”. /sarcasm

He’ll be back, no worries.

I think I remember reading somewhere or hearing 343 at PAX or something say that big A will be back in the game at some point.

Arbiter, Flood, Cortana and the Didact will all be back. I have a pretty strong feeling about those four.

One of my favorite characters in the entire series. I love the way him and John interact.

> I think I remember reading somewhere or hearing 343 at PAX or something say that big A will be back in the game at some point.

There were a few fake posts some idiots made that convinced alot of people.

Because some people just want to watch the world burn.

Arby, where’s your awesome resurrection powers?

Your capabilities, your magic sword pulling, and your clones would easily outmatch the Didact’s overpowered statis field.

> > I think I remember reading somewhere or hearing 343 at PAX or something say that big A will be back in the game at some point.
>
> There were a few fake posts some idiots made that convinced alot of people.
>
> Because some people just want to watch the world burn.

Actually I just googled it. It was at the EB Expo when Josh Holmes confirmed that the Arbiter would not be in halo 4, but he did say that they would keep him in for future halo games.

> > > I think I remember reading somewhere or hearing 343 at PAX or something say that big A will be back in the game at some point.
> >
> > There were a few fake posts some idiots made that convinced alot of people.
> >
> > Because some people just want to watch the world burn.
>
> Actually I just googled it. It was at the EB Expo when Josh Holmes confirmed that the Arbiter would not be in halo 4, but he did say that they would keep him in for future halo games.

Oh, cool. Can’t wait for that “kicking Forerunner -Yoink!-” one-liner, then.

I’m very, VERY much hoping we see the Arbiter back in Halo 5! It was a good decision to keep him out of Halo 4 as Halo 4’s campaign was really about Master Chief and Cortana’s relationship and Master Chief figuring out whether he’s a mission or human.

The Arbiter is one of my favorite character’s in Halo, so I very much hope to see him in Halo 5. Maybe not so much as a playable character like in Halo 2, but he was a great tag along buddy in Halo 3.

i was pissed when they didnt add arbiter in 4 but they better add him in 5. and the dedact died he got his -Yoink- nuked!! a long with cortana!

> I’m very, VERY much hoping we see the Arbiter back in Halo 5! It was a good decision to keep him out of Halo 4 as Halo 4’s campaign was really about Master Chief and Cortana’s relationship and Master Chief figuring out whether he’s a mission or human.
>
> The Arbiter is one of my favorite character’s in Halo, so I very much hope to see him in Halo 5. Maybe not so much as a playable character like in Halo 2, but he was a great tag along buddy in Halo 3.

Yes, I was thinking before H4 came out “I don’t think he’d fit into the story anyway”.

Hopefully Halo 5’s story focuses more on how other species are doing, how they factor into the return of the Forerunners, etc.

> i was pissed when they didnt add arbiter in 4 but they better add him in 5. and the dedact died he got his -Yoink!- nuked!! a long with cortana!

The post-credits scene implies that Didact is alive, and with other Forerunners. I’m guessing that portal below the Composer tossed him near Requiem/a Forerunner shelter.

If he comes back in it will probably be with a team of Sanghelli warriors to put down Storm. Hopefully he has better AI than in Halo 3. I’d like to see the graphical update of his armor. He will probably get a cool video clip of him using some form of Sanghelli martial arts as he eviscerates some Storm soldiers (had to fight the urge to say troopers). He may even team up with MC to get Cortana back.

> If he comes back in it will probably be with a team of Sanghelli warriors to put down Storm. Hopefully he has better AI than in Halo 3. I’d like to see the graphical update of his armor. He will probably get a cool video clip of him using some form of Sanghelli martial arts as he eviscerates some Storm soldiers (had to fight the urge to say troopers). He may even team up with MC to get Cortana back.

of course he’ll team up with him to get the “supposedly alive cortana”

> If he comes back in it will probably be with a team of Sanghelli warriors to put down Storm. Hopefully he has better AI than in Halo 3. I’d like to see the graphical update of his armor. He will probably get a cool video clip of him using some form of Sanghelli martial arts as he eviscerates some Storm soldiers (had to fight the urge to say troopers). He may even team up with MC to get Cortana back.

Halo 3’s Arby was pretty decent IMO. The sword pulling was probably his only flaw but that could easily be exploited. Like when he cloaks on Sierra 117. If you don’t go down there but gave him a sword, he’ll clear the entire area. It may have made that part easier on Legendary but it was pretty badass to watch him slaughter 20+ Covies all by himself.

Thel 'Vadam. Judge, jury, and executioner. He fought some battles for me when I wanted him to and he was easily knocked out when I didn’t want him interfering (like at the dam battle, where I was confronted by 30+ Grunts while being pressured by a homicidal Pelican).

Then there were the clones. 3 fuel rod guns, 3 plasma cannons, 3 energy swords. I felt like I was playing 5 player Co-op!

Lastly, betraying Arby. He looks so adorable but once you piss him off, he’s plays like a Halo 2 Elite enemy. Total bawss!

The ODST allies and Noble Team were so much harder to control. They were practically useless. Halo 2’s invincible allies were decent but to a lesser extent due to their limited appearance.

> I’d like to see the graphical update of his armor.

Make it happen 343! I’d also like to see the Elite separatists receive some of his style.

It’s possible, but I’m really curious as to how, if 343i intends to go through with it, the Arbiter would be introduced. He’s got his own problems on Sanghelios.