The future of Halo apps

With the Halo app on PC now being officially decommissioned, an app which I had never even heard of until this announcement, the list of dead projects in the Halo app graveyard is starting to get crowded:

• The Halo Waypoint app on Xbox 360, which I enjoyed, though didn’t use a whole lot. - The Halo Channel app, which, though not officially dead, has been and continues to be a buggy, hard-to-use, and out-of-date mess (with PAINFULLY LOUD STARTUP MUSIC. DEAR GOD 343 WHY) - The Halo app mentioned aboveMy questions for you guys:

• Do you think these dead apps are an indication of failure on 343’s part, or just the natural evolution of new games and platforms? Or a mix between the two? - Do you think any Halo apps will be made in the near future, or will 343 eliminate those dependencies (moving terminal videos into MCC instead of launching the Halo Channel; using Steam as a launcher instead of the now-defunct Halo app on PC) - What would you like to see in a Halo app? What platform(s) would it exist on, and what purpose would it fulfill?

It’s called Xbox Console Companion now. You can access any games you play or achievements on the xbox or PC that are MS related. Has nothing to do with 343.

I would love to see the Halowaypoint app make a return, it was the best out of all of the Halo apps. The reward system was great as well!

Well i would say that 343 Industries is not the only one to blame since Microsoft also is involved in the development and maintenance work on the apps and they probably are the ones that gave up on the previous apps either because the did not want to continue it or it just did not pay off. If Microsoft / Xbox wanted the Apps to stay alive they would still be running.

The Halo Waypoint App on the 360 had the best system and worked flawless and every Halo App since then e.g the spartan companion app or the HALO Channel did a very poorly job to build up on that system.
I wish they would just take the Halo Waypoint App refresh it a little bit and re-release it on the Xbox One or the new generation that’s coming up in 2020 since that would be the best solution.

I think apps are hit and miss these days. I’ll spend 90% of time between 3 or 4 apps on my phone and the rest split up periodically between loads of others. Some maybe I’ll try for a few minutes and then just delete. If I don’t have a reason or a need to come back to them, i’ll forget about them fairly quickly. Even if I was playing Halo ever day I probably wouldn’t use a Halo app every day, unless it had forum access with all the tools I needed. Not everything needs an app

Ultimately, what’s the point of any Halo app when Halo Waypoint Website can do it on all devices anyway?

I think they need to stop making apps and update the stats section of the website to be more accessible, and front and centre.

> 2533274882881665;6:
> Ultimately, what’s the point of any Halo app when Halo Waypoint Website can do it on all devices anyway?

This is kinda how I feel about it. Waypoint is a great website and accessing it on mobile is pretty easy. We now have the Outpost Discovery App, but that’s pretty limited in scope. So I really wouldn’t mind a dedicated Halo app going foward, but Waypoint is fine as is imo.

Waypoint on the website is fine the only reason I would prefer a app is so I get notifications and so I don’t have to login every time I go on

> 2533274882881665;6:
> Ultimately, what’s the point of any Halo app when Halo Waypoint Website can do it on all devices anyway?
>
> I think they need to stop making apps and update the stats section of the website to be more accessible, and front and centre.

This is a really good take. If they continue to develop cool features directly into the Waypoint site, then the need for a native app for any particular thing diminishes.

I member when the Halo Channel was ‘Your New Home for All Things Halo’… do you guys member? I member…

I like the website over an app.