The Future of H5's progression system

In Halo 5 you progress by leveling up rank, completing commendations, and earning Req points to earn RNG packs, which don’t seem to be working out as the best solution for micro transactions.
Could we see a change to this in a future update? Most people seem to prefer using points to buy armor pieces, or even earning armor based on leveling up and competing achievements.
I think something can be achieved to make the progression system more captivating. For the buyer to know what they’re getting with micro transactions would boost sales opposed to what is basically the Halo lottery.

I’m not saying the REQ system is all bad. Warzone and its RNG nature is actually a ton of fun. I’m just saying dividing the cosmetic part from it and creating a new progression system would be an amazing feature.

> 2533274833483167;1:
> In Halo 5 you progress by leveling up rank, completing commendations, and earning Req points to earn RNG packs, which don’t seem to be working out as the best solution for micro transactions.
> Could we see a change to this in a future update? Most people seem to prefer using points to buy armor pieces, or even earning armor based on leveling up and competing achievements.
> I think something can be achieved to make the progression system more captivating. For the buyer to know what they’re getting with micro transactions would boost sales opposed to what is basically the Halo lottery.
>
> I’m not saying the REQ system is all bad. Warzone and its RNG nature is actually a ton of fun. I’m just saying dividing the cosmetic part from it and creating a new progression system would be an amazing feature.

If we could have the old system like halo reach that would be awesome and yeah it basically is the halo lottery

If I could buy the arena packs with RP I would be happy. But no, the good packs have to be $$$ only.

Halo 5 is more like a free to play game than a AAA console seller.

> 2533274875084332;3:
> If I could buy the arena packs with RP I would be happy. But no, the good packs have to be $$$ only.
>
> Halo 5 is more like a free to play game than a AAA console seller.

except you know the paid packs possess the same content as the other packs. You get 2 permanent for silver packs, the arena pack that was just released gives you three plus some nice boosts which dont really do anything that would effect gameplay. If items were locked behind the paywall than i would agree but they are not.

> 2533274875084332;3:
> If I could buy the arena packs with RP I would be happy. But no, the good packs have to be $$$ only.
>
> Halo 5 is more like a free to play game than a AAA console seller.

Feels like a great base game that is half baked. I give it a year of free updates before the game feels AAA again.

> 2533274840624875;4:
> > 2533274875084332;3:
> > If I could buy the arena packs with RP I would be happy. But no, the good packs have to be $$$ only.
> >
> > Halo 5 is more like a free to play game than a AAA console seller.
>
>
> except you know the paid packs possess the same content as the other packs. You get 2 permanent for silver packs, the arena pack that was just released gives you three plus some nice boosts which dont really do anything that would effect gameplay. If items were locked behind the paywall than i would agree but they are not.

No…the arena packs give ONLY cosmetics, packs like that aren’t available for RP.

Further, it is certainly free to play, as free to play games have exactly the same microstransaction systems.

Grind to have a chance at the good stuff.
Or pay for the good stuff (you are guaranteed Mark V alpha).

Stop blindly defending this system, it’s bad for halo and triple A gaming.

I would prefer them to put sponsored ads in the game, like billboards on the maps like what battlefield did back in the day. You still get free DLC, but you will keep a proper non free to play system to unlock items.

E.g, battlefield on the PC used to have a small Intel logo on the map UI in the lobby, something like that would be fine, like say a boom co sponsor symbol, Doritos, Mountain Dew etc. Far better, and less intrusive than Microtransactions.

> 2533274833483167;5:
> > 2533274875084332;3:
> > If I could buy the arena packs with RP I would be happy. But no, the good packs have to be $$$ only.
> >
> > Halo 5 is more like a free to play game than a AAA console seller.
>
>
> Feels like a great base game that is half baked. I give it a year of free updates before the game feels AAA again.

I think it will be a ghost town by then, many better games are coming out, not to mention other AAA titles that receive far better free updates and fan service than halo 5, even EA is doing better. Battlefield 4 has been out for two years and still receives free updates, need for speed gets massive content updates, battlefront, while terrible, also gets free updates. And that’s not mentioning the companies out there who do it far better.

Further, a lot of what they adding has been in previous halo games in launch, these updates are generally dominated by REQs, while maps and other gameplay elements take a side seat.