The Future for Halo 5, and the Series as a whole.

In general, Halo 5 has had good updates and hot fixes. We have improvements to the Req System and Firefight is back! (Though personally I want wave defense in rotation) But I feel more Improvements can be made to make the game and future games better. Yes, I know, FUTURE games maybe a stretch, but we all love Halo, and we can be movers and shakers for something we love. This is a list of what I feel are good additions to the game and maybe future games:

• The REQ System. Yes it is improved. But allow me to elaborate: You can be level thirty and have the DMR locked off to you, but level four can get it on their first REQ pack. That needs to be fixed so we can all use it .Why 343 locked of two of the most basic weapons from the game is suspicious and really scummy. Why can’t I unlock anything? Why do we have levels when we get only tiny REQ packs from them? But that barely scrapes the surface of the problem. But I wouldn’t complain without giving a solution: Let us unlock armor, certifications, helmets, VISR’s , etc via rank. We’ll still buy REQ’s for emblems and weapons, but you can still also add new items in the REQ System. We like buying stuff so long as it is fair. - Split-Screen. You all know what I’m talking about. The complete removal of Halo’s staple feature hurt the game at launch. If we all got together and demanded for the return of split-screen, we can attract disillusioned Halo Veterans and they can join our ranks (Of which there are LITERALLY MILLIONS)once again and beat the absolute -Yoink- out of us . Like the good ol’ times. - Classic playlists. Remember those Halo Veterans I was talking about? Well, another good way to welcome them home is to bring in a new Arena playlist. The"Classic Playlist" would be like Hardcore playlists in Call of Duty. Let me set the scene: Fully remastered classic maps, restricted movement with no sprint or thruster, and your weapon is your best friend. This is how the older Halo games worked. If your new to the series, while it maybe a little disorienting and frustrating, this is a good thing. Halo was defined by difficulty, and those Halo Veterans like to fight difficult battles. - Forge Content. Forge has many great things. FX, sounds, terrain, that’s all well and good. I would like one more thing though. AI enemies and allies, Marines, Prometheans, the Covenant, and someone else… - The Brutes. You know them. You fought them. For those who are new, the Brutes were massive, ape-like aliens that carried the Brute Plasma Rifle, The Brute-shot grenade gun, the Gravity Hammer and a bad attitude. They were worthy opponents and were a staple in the series. They were stronger than Elites and would even utilize jump packs. Bring them back so we can fight them in honorable combat once again. - Playable races. I know it’s not big deal, but I miss playing as an elite. There is not much to say other than it was a cool feature than it be would very much appreciated.Now this isn’t every issue with the game, and not all of them are issues, but they all are welcome changes to the game. Thank you for reading my ramblings about about Halo.

I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.

> 2535461330364523;2:
> I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.

That’s all good, but it just sucks knowing how much people out there that refrain from playing because something like sprint and REQ’s

In terms of species being added to the story I think it should only happen if it makes sense for them to do so, hopefully the Banished from Halo Wars 2 will become more relevant in the future.

> 2535461330364523;2:
> I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.

yes we should all go and play the still broken MCC because that is so much fun…

@OP
Split-screen is not possible due to changes made to the engine, for some reason 343 made the dicision to make 60fps mandatory at all time so the game can tun simulation using frams and the XBO is not capable of running split screen with 60fps for both screenparts (at least this is how I understand it…) I’m not saying it shouldn’t return, it’s just not possible, sadly…

> 2535461079218944;3:
> > 2535461330364523;2:
> > I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.
>
>
> That’s all good, but it just sucks knowing how much people out there that refrain from playing because something like sprint and REQ’s

If people quit playing because of sprint, did they really enjoy the game in the first place. That’s how I look at it.

> 2535461330364523;6:
> > 2535461079218944;3:
> > > 2535461330364523;2:
> > > I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.
> >
> >
> > That’s all good, but it just sucks knowing how much people out there that refrain from playing because something like sprint and REQ’s
>
>
> If people quit playing because of sprint, did they really enjoy the game in the first place. That’s how I look at it.

I used sprint as an example. Really its part of a bigger issue that Halo 5 do’sent feel like a Halo game with all this other modern stuff. Change is okay but it feels like they forgot what made Halo stand out. Its hard to explain but it just lacks that feeling older Halo games have.

> 2535461079218944;7:
> > 2535461330364523;6:
> > > 2535461079218944;3:
> > > > 2535461330364523;2:
> > > > I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s all good, but it just sucks knowing how much people out there that refrain from playing because something like sprint and REQ’s
> >
> >
> > If people quit playing because of sprint, did they really enjoy the game in the first place. That’s how I look at it.
>
>
> I used sprint as an example. Really its part of a bigger issue that Halo 5 do’sent feel like a Halo game with all this other modern stuff. Change is okay but it feels like they forgot what made Halo stand out. Its hard to explain but it just lacks that feeling older Halo games have.

During that time frame Halo was the FPS game, everyone played it. The gaming landscape has changed since than. Only way to get back on top os if Microsoft sells more consoles, sadly PS4 is on top right now.

> 2535461330364523;8:
> > 2535461079218944;7:
> > > 2535461330364523;6:
> > > > 2535461079218944;3:
> > > > > 2535461330364523;2:
> > > > > I’m on the opposite end of this. There’s plenty of routes to play the classic halo games and content, I don’t want that brought forward. I want to see things in Halo 6 that I haven’t seen before; new maps, enemies, game modes, etc… Warzone was refreshing because it wasn’t in any other Halo title. More things like that is what I want.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That’s all good, but it just sucks knowing how much people out there that refrain from playing because something like sprint and REQ’s
> > >
> > >
> > > If people quit playing because of sprint, did they really enjoy the game in the first place. That’s how I look at it.
> >
> >
> > I used sprint as an example. Really its part of a bigger issue that Halo 5 do’sent feel like a Halo game with all this other modern stuff. Change is okay but it feels like they forgot what made Halo stand out. Its hard to explain but it just lacks that feeling older Halo games have.
>
>
> During that time frame Halo was the FPS game, everyone played it. The gaming landscape has changed since than. Only way to get back on top os if Microsoft sells more consoles, sadly PS4 is on top right now.

I’ll be honest, Sony has always made a product that was multi-dimensional, the Playstation is a great example of that. The PSOne could play music, video games, and if you had the little monitor attached to the top, you could game on the go. The PS2 introduced the ability to watch movies, DVDs, while also playing games, and using the internet FO FREE. The PS3 moved into the higher resolution territory allowing players to experience Blu-ray, without having to fork over their life savings, while also getting a gaming system in the same package. The PS4 just took all of those features and combined them into one awesomely, powerful machine.

Microsoft might not be new to the scene when it comes to sales and computers, but in terms of video game hardware, the Xbox isn’t necessarily that old compared to Nintendo and Sony, even Sega has a longer legacy than the X and it’s not even around anymore.

If there is one indication, Halo sales seem to have a high correlation with the sales of new Xbox systems, so if the future Halo titles aren’t up to par, “purchase new console” worthy, than dark days are coming for the House of M.