The Future (For Devs&Community)

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create multiple accounts to be used on the forums or to bypass forum bans.</mark>

We all know support for this game is going to dwindle (I feel it already has) And going along with this we are no longer going to be able to get the things we want out of the developers. I am proposing a list of things I hope to be complimented in the game that are not too outlandish and are completeable before the time is up for Dev support on this game. I am very happy with all the help we have gotten so far and am very satisfied that we got so much from a small dev team. And with only a handful of devs left working on the game im sure they are working very hard to complete the game with the time they have left. Having said that I think a few small changed could make this game great and stable for years to come. Here is my list of quality of life updates. (not balance)

In Game:

A Scatter move command that automatically spreads out your units.

Allow melee Heros to attack on the move or fix tracking (especially Arbiter/Honor Guard)

Menu:

Give us the ability in multiplayer and customs or at the VERY least in customs to allow each player to ban a leader before each game. This is of paramount importance.

Incase we lose dev support. Any leader left unchecked will be able to be locked from ranked play by any user each game to keep the balance incase other exploits are found or just because this is a great feature overall.

An EASY quality update would be to allow us to pick our colors in custom games. Would be a really cool update that effects nothing.

Spectator:

Allow us to remove the ugly hug for casting games and give us a clear view. I understand its there so we can understand the controls but once you know the controls it just kind of sits in the way of the action.

Currently you can only hear the audio of the player whom you have selected while spectating. This is quite annoying. Please allow for a global watch position or fix the audio issue so we can hear the audio from both player perspectives at the same time

Also why cant we have more than 2 spectators? I understand in 3v3 it might be too much. But in 1v1s you should allow for up to 4 spectators. I dont think it would cause any harm.

Arena: New Addition To Halo Wars 2

Allow spectators to jump into the matches for casting and REAL tournament potential. Without this its just better to do custom games instead of using the Arena functionality.

Allow the games to be set up individually such as. First games being a best of 3 semis a best of 5 finals a best of 7 and so forth. Having a tournaments thats all Best of 1s is kinda of pointless Unless its just for fun.

Ill add more to this as we go along

Why was this post flagged? Seems like great information. Anyway. I agree with some of this. The arena portion is very interesting

> 2533274813693202;2:
> Why was this post flagged? Seems like great information. Anyway. I agree with some of this. The arena portion is very interesting

Post was flagged and user was banned because it’s against forum rules to create alternate or multiple accounts. It says that in the bold red above the post.

As for the content of the post nothing was wrong with that. Hence why you can still read it.

> 2533274927740213;3:
> > 2533274813693202;2:
> > Why was this post flagged? Seems like great information. Anyway. I agree with some of this. The arena portion is very interesting
>
> Post was flagged and user was banned because it’s against forum rules to create alternate or multiple accounts. It says that in the bold red above the post.
>
> As for the content of the post nothing was wrong with that. Hence why you can still read it.

oh gotcha i havent been on the forums really. First time logging in. Im not very good at the game I came here to see if there were any posts about strategies :confused:

> 2533274813693202;4:
> > 2533274927740213;3:
> > > 2533274813693202;2:
> > > Why was this post flagged? Seems like great information. Anyway. I agree with some of this. The arena portion is very interesting
> >
> > Post was flagged and user was banned because it’s against forum rules to create alternate or multiple accounts. It says that in the bold red above the post.
> >
> > As for the content of the post nothing was wrong with that. Hence why you can still read it.
>
> oh gotcha i havent been on the forums really. First time logging in. Im not very good at the game I came here to see if there were any posts about strategies :confused:

Lol sadly there aren’t too many on strategies. You could PM some people and ask for tips or make your own thread.

Additionally if you wanted you could add me on Xbox, I could show you some simple builds and strategies.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.

I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.

I uninstalled last night.

> 2533274888442030;6:
> I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
>
> I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
>
> I uninstalled last night.

Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.

I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.

I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274888442030;6:
> >
>
> Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
>
> I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
>
> I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

Thank you for what y’all do

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274888442030;6:
> > I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
> >
> > I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
> >
> > I uninstalled last night.
>
> Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
>
> I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
>
> I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

We appreciate your work, I’m assuming your department is understaffed but we know you are making the best of it; seeing how you keep in touch with us on the forums. Thanks

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274888442030;6:
> >
>
> Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
>
> I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
>
> I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

Carnage is a hero we don’t deserve.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274888442030;6:
> > I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
> >
> > I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
> >
> > I uninstalled last night.
>
> Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
>
> I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
>
> I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

Truly Inspirational and Well Said.

I Would make another account just to like your post again but its against forum rules😉

> 2533274792014876;7:
> > 2533274888442030;6:
> > I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
> >
> > I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
> >
> > I uninstalled last night.
>
> Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
>
> I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
>
> I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.

That’s great. But does the team even get anything done? It really does not seem like it. It doesn’t seem like you test your patches to see if your changes make a difference. This colony exploit seems pretty straight forward. Is the team made up of people who are unfamiliar with the code? Even then I doubt that would cause this big of a delay.

Can we ban the guy who posted since he broke the rules but not make the post invisible? Its a great post that i would personally like to add too .

I haven’t given up on this game, and probably never will…

I kept play Halo Wars 1 regularly for years and years, even after I lost hope for a sequel, and I expect ill be playing this game for many years to come.

> 2533274813693202;13:
> Can we ban the guy who posted since he broke the rules but not make the post invisible? Its a great post that i would personally like to add too .

You can still see it, so I personally don’t see the harm.

> 2533274802795356;12:
> > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > 2533274888442030;6:
> > > I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
> > >
> > > I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
> > >
> > > I uninstalled last night.
> >
> > Well I know I haven’t given up on it as I come to work every day looking and working on improving things in the game, so I can tell you for a fact we aren’t done yet.
> >
> > I understand having frustrations and wanting to walk away, but I can tell you that we haven’t given up on continuing to resolve issues and help work towards better balance. The team I work on is solely dedicated directly on helping improve the balance of the game. I get the frustration within the community of things taking a while to resolve and people wanting it to be fixed faster, but sometimes it can be done and sometimes it can’t be done fast.
> >
> > I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.
>
> That’s great. But does the team even get anything done? It really does not seem like it. It doesn’t seem like you test your patches to see if your changes make a difference. This colony exploit seems pretty straight forward. Is the team made up of people who are unfamiliar with the code? Even then I doubt that would cause this big of a delay.

We get the dev communication everyone begs for, and this is what happens…

This is why we can’t have nice things.

> 2533274927740213;16:
> > 2533274802795356;12:
> > > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > > 2533274888442030;6:
> > > > I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve given up. The game is too far down the road for developers to keep up with their limited resources, there are leaders and inherently broken strategies in the game that are not seen because of the constant “Latest game exploits that keep these overpowered leaders/abilities/strategies on the backburner”, and speaking of which we STILL don’t have any word on a patch for the Colony exploit.
> > > >
> > > > I am so sad that this game had too many problems throughout its lifetime. I really did love playing it, and I still think the limited edition I bought was worth it, but the game hasn’t been balanced or exploit-free this entire time, and now that we know the devs are not focusing on it anymore, it’s time to throw in the towel.
> > > >
> > > > I uninstalled last night.
>
> We get the dev communication everyone begs for, and this is what happens…
>
> This is why we can’t have nice things.

I think it’s great that the devs communicate, and more posts directed to them should be more constructive/polite, but I can also see why these comments appear in the first place.

It’s 10 months after release and a significant amount of that time has had some major issues. Aiming for 1 leader a month was too much for the devs and I think they can be forgiven for having issues when the content drops.

The main problem is that it usually takes a month (with some exceptions) for the major issues to be fixed. It took close to 2 months after ATN to see some balance changes and another update is still needed to fix Colony.

> 2533274802795356;12:
> > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > 2533274888442030;6:
> > >
> >
> > I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.
>
> That’s great. But does the team even get anything done? It really does not seem like it. It doesn’t seem like you test your patches to see if your changes make a difference. This colony exploit seems pretty straight forward. Is the team made up of people who are unfamiliar with the code? Even then I doubt that would cause this big of a delay.

Where do you work?

Mind if I come by and offer my negative opinions about whatever you do?

> 2533275001759937;17:
> It’s 10 months after release and a significant amount of that time has had some major issues. Aiming for 1 leader a month was too much for the devs and I think they can be forgiven for having issues when the content drops.

I do generally think the drive to release a ton of stuff in a short time frame has generally been to the game’s detriment.

Looking at other RTS’, most of them just bring out the game and spend the year tweaking and fixing it before adding things like an expansion. HW2 had a leader every month, a mini-campaign, and an expansion before it’d been out for a year.

I mean compare this to Starcraft II. That game only got new units in Expansions, which came out years apart. Its been adding a number of co-op commanders, probably the closest to HW2’s additional leaders, but even they have been spaced farther apart in release, came out after years of bug fixes and tuning, and even then are only meant for a co-op mode and not competitive multiplayer.

> 2533274796391115;18:
> > 2533274802795356;12:
> > > 2533274792014876;7:
> > > > 2533274888442030;6:
> > > >
> > >
> > > I and the team I’m on absolutely love Halo Wars and our sole focus it to help make it better.
> >
> > That’s great. But does the team even get anything done? It really does not seem like it. It doesn’t seem like you test your patches to see if your changes make a difference. This colony exploit seems pretty straight forward. Is the team made up of people who are unfamiliar with the code? Even then I doubt that would cause this big of a delay.
>
> Where do you work?
>
> Mind if I come by and offer my negative opinions about whatever you do?

Sure. I can pm you. Why the hell would you think that I would be hypocritical?
The point is that I am not going to work under an illusion that I am making huge strides when I am not. Would you want to work on something for 6+ months thinking that you are doing such a great job when you really are not?

It is great that the devs post. But it is not great to just sugar coat -Yoink- and say “Yeah you guys are doing great jobs”. I am glad that they are still working on the game, but the overall progress is terrible.