The Function Of The Warthog

What is it, in your opinion? As a driver, I suffer the constant frustration of my gunner getting out because they can’t score a ton of kills (I keep moving when driving), and as a gunner I’m constantly dying in moments because my driver parks in the doorway of a building or tries to take on a Scorpion head-on. Is it really so hard to work out that, as a Light Reconnaissance Vehicle, the Warthog is best served by it’s mobility?

H5 separates the weak drivers from the skilled drivers.

I feel like the gunner could stand to have more protection from getting headshot, especially in the upgraded variants.

You can press A to switch seats. So you can drive and gun almost at the same time.

Hit and run… its a combination of harrassing large groups by mostly bypassing them while the gunner maybe gets a kill, and when finding spread out groups slowing down for kills…

the biggest thing is that as the driver you have nearly no real direct line of sights that most players can use to hit you, they just hit the hog for w/e damage they can manage… the gunner however is pretty exposed and concentrated fire will kill them fast…

Never stay in one spot. don’t just keep moving at all times either… its a balance between constant motion and stopping to clear out a area…

HOG will never beat a tank, so just avoid any line of sight with one. there is always other places you can run around.

its also very bad for building raids… generally you want to keep enough distance as well from buildings. its not like a ghost where you can drive into a armor and wreck the place.

its best in the wide open, where enemy players have to cross to get to an objective and circling spawn points and objectives…

> 2533274909139271;2:
> H5 separates the weak drivers from the skilled drivers.

What, in your mind, makes a driver skilled? I kind of want to know if there’s a consensus as to the Warthog’s use. If I’m using it wrong, for example, I need to change my habits.

It’s great at slowing down the enemy team, hit n’ run and just harassing people.

> 2533274831950975;3:
> I feel like the gunner could stand to have more protection from getting headshot, especially in the upgraded variants.

This is why you need a person in the shotgun seat. So they can seat jump when your poor driving gets your gunner killed.

> 2533274887410089;4:
> You can press A to switch seats. So you can drive and gun almost at the same time.

The problem I find with that approach is that a stationary gunner is usually a dead gunner a few seconds later.

> 2533274816376242;9:
> > 2533274887410089;4:
> > You can press A to switch seats. So you can drive and gun almost at the same time.
>
>
> The problem I find with that approach is that a stationary gunner is usually a dead gunner a few seconds later.

the trick to that is switching back to driver if you take like 50% or so of your shields damage… the moment you push the switch you get control over the hog again, and you can drive even before the animation completes…

once the animation is done you are basically home free, the defense of the driverside is real.

> 2732317809657592;10:
> > 2533274816376242;9:
> > > 2533274887410089;4:
> > > You can press A to switch seats. So you can drive and gun almost at the same time.
> >
> >
> > The problem I find with that approach is that a stationary gunner is usually a dead gunner a few seconds later.
>
>
> the trick to that is switching back to driver if you take like 50% or so of your shields damage… the moment you push the switch you get control over the hog again, and you can drive even before the animation completes…
>
> once the animation is done you are basically home free, the defense of the driverside is real.

that “a-button” switch has got to be one of my favorite added mechanics