The Full Beta Sandbox

We have been told that the Halo 5 Beta will have a sandbox of 11 weapons. Some of these have been shown, and we have gotten WIP renders of them. They have met mixed reception, which is mainly positive if a poll of mine is anything to go by.

However, we have not seen 11 weapons so far. I only just realised this.

We have seen: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman’s Rifle, Sniper Rifle, some sort of missile launcher, and the SMG in renders, and the Energy Sword lying around as well in the apparent Midship remake, so that can probably be added to the list.

That makes 7 weapons. (Oh, no! The ghost of Bungie haunts us still! Please, not the Marathon references! Anything but the Marathon references…) What are the other 4?

Feel free to speculate, guys. We’ve only got one Covenant weapon so far, so it’s possible that they might feature, though I think that the equivalents to the already-confirmed weapons are unlikely. We also have no Forerunner weapons yet.

It’s entirely possible that the weapons we have yet to see are completely new, but I think we have room to guess, since with the few slots they have, they are likely to try and squeeze as much variety in as possible.

I say one of them is the (or a) shotgun since it has been a classic.

> We have been told that the Halo 5 Beta will have a sandbox of 11 weapons. Some of these have been shown, and we have gotten WIP renders of them. They have met mixed reception, which is mainly positive if a poll of mine is anything to go by.
>
> However, we have not seen 11 weapons so far. I only just realised this.
>
> We have seen: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Designated Marksman’s Rifle, Sniper Rifle, some sort of missile launcher, and the SMG in renders, and the Energy Sword lying around as well in the apparent Midship remake, so that can probably be added to the list.
>
> That makes 7 weapons. (Oh, no! The ghost of Bungie haunts us still! Please, not the Marathon references! Anything but the Marathon references…) What are the other 4?
>
> Feel free to speculate, guys. We’ve only got one Covenant weapon so far, so it’s possible that they might feature, though I think that the equivalents to the already-confirmed weapons are unlikely. We also have no Forerunner weapons yet.
>
> It’s entirely possible that the weapons we have yet to see are completely new, but I think we have room to guess, since with the few slots they have, they are likely to try and squeeze as much variety in as possible.

If it is a midship remake they will have a shotgun,PP, Carbine and Needler.

I agree with all of those, except possibly the carbine. We already have two utility rifles, so it seems a little superfluous.

> I agree with all of those, except possibly the carbine. We already have two utility rifles, so it seems a little superfluous.

Well we have the AR and the SMG. I don’t think 343 cares about how many weapons are fit into a niche. And personally as long as they are balanced well I don’t think anyone would care either.

> > I agree with all of those, except possibly the carbine. We already have two utility rifles, so it seems a little superfluous.
>
> Well we have the AR and the SMG. I don’t think 343 cares about how many weapons are fit into a niche. And personally as long as they are balanced well I don’t think anyone would care either.

We don’t know which niches those two will fill. With no dual-wielding, it’s possible that the SMG might get a functionality revamp to be much more CQC-centric, whilst the AR gets a range boost for mid-range combat.

At a guess:

Shotgun
Magnum
Plasma Pistol
Some Covenant or Forerunner weapon

More or less confirmed:

1. AR

2. BR

3. DMR

4. Magnum

5. SMG

6. Sniper

7. Rocket Thingy

8. Energy Sword

9. Frag Grenade - Grenades are a must, it wouldn’t make sense to not include them

Speculation:

1. Needler - Very iconic and unique, mid range power weapon
  2. Carbine* - A very popular mid-range counterpart to the BR

Of these the Carbine is the least likely as there are already 3 other weapons that fill the precision role. I doubt we’ll see any forerunner weapons in the beta as 343 will be spending a lot of time trying to make these more unique than they were in Halo 4.

*If the Carbine doesn’t make the cut, I expect to see the Concussion Rifle.

> I agree with all of those, except possibly the carbine. We already have two utility rifles, so it seems a little superfluous.

I’m pretty sure it will stay because both Midship and the H3 remake have Carbines and it has been in 2/3/ODST/4 so i don’t see a point in taking it out.

Speculate on the weapons as much as you want. I’m just happy they’re focusing on this Arena gametype with no loadouts for the Beta. Hopefully the main focus across most of the MP game modes will be similar to this.

Little disappointed we wont get to test out the balance and functionality of the wider sandbox and make suggestions.

Pistol
Shotgun
Needler
A worthy Plasma rifle

Though, why the 4 others remain unnamed makes me feel like they are either previously new weapon/ new weapons or old favorites/w new features.

I’d love to see the

1. Grenade Launcher
  2. Focus Rifle/Sentinel Beam
  3. Brute Shot
  4. and Rail gun return/ or tweaked scattershot