The Friend or Foe system.

I know what you’re thinking, “The Friend or Foe system has already been addressed”, but not exactly. They still haven’t told us if we can turn them off to get red vs blue, they only said we can turn them off.

The best way to handle it if we can’t have red vs blue, is to only give allies the Friend or Foe outline. The outlines made enemies as plain as day, so stealth was basically thrown out the window. That’s not good, stealth has always been apart of Halo, and should not be taken away. If the enemies had no outline then it would put the stealth factor back into Halo, thus ending the problem.

I don’t know if any of you remember Republic Commando, but the outlines for that game are the best I’ve ever seen. Your allies glowed a faint, but noticeable color depending on the character. THAT is how to do it. Make the outlines as faint as possible, but still make them prominent enough that you can easily tell enemy from ally. The enemies in that game had no outlines, but you could still see them very easily so it didn’t disrupt gameplay.

Just having a toggle for this wouldn’t work, then you could turn on the outlines for enemies and see them as plain as day when they’re trying to use stealth. Doing this would give players an unfair advantage against those who try to use stealth.

It would be like a toggle for grenade hitmarkers. You could turn them off, but you’d be at a disadvantage because there’d always be those few guys who’d leave them on. Toggling for this kind of thing doesn’t work. It gives other people too much of an advantage.

I hope I didn’t ramble too much and that actually made sense, and 343 please listen to this feedback, unless you have something else up your sleeve stealth is dead.

I hated the enemy outline personally. Period. Red versus blue. Service tag above friendlies. It’s a perfect system. If things are needed for the color blind I completely understand. Make it an option.

> 2700819419400084;2:
> I hated the enemy outline personally. Period. Red versus blue. Service tag above friendlies. It’s a perfect system. If things are needed for the color blind I completely understand. Make it an option.

Glad you agree.

> 2535472518797083;1:
> The outlines made enemies as plain as day, so stealth was basically thrown out the window. That’s not good, stealth has always been apart of Halo, and should not be taken away. If the enemies had no outline then it would put the stealth factor back into Halo, thus ending the problem.

If you have the option to turn them off, and I leave them on. I can see you, but you can’t see me. You turn it off, lose the advantage and I keep the advantage in your scenario.

The outline Vs no outline is bizarre argument to me anyway, if someone is on your screen, you can see them. Stealth plays no part in it as you’re either visible, or you aren’t. It’s just for people with different sight disorders to be able to see what we were already able to see.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> > 2535472518797083;1:
> > The outlines made enemies as plain as day, so stealth was basically thrown out the window. That’s not good, stealth has always been apart of Halo, and should not be taken away. If the enemies had no outline then it would put the stealth factor back into Halo, thus ending the problem.
>
> If you have the option to turn them off, and I leave them on. I can see you, but you can’t see me. You turn it off, lose the advantage and I keep the advantage in your scenario.
>
> The outline Vs no outline is bizarre argument to me anyway, if someone is on your screen, you can see them. Stealth plays no part in it as you’re either visible, or you aren’t. It’s just for people with different sight disorders to be able to see what we were already able to see.

If they’re right in front of you of course you can see them, but if they’re in the corner of your eye than you’re more likely to see them when they’re literally glowing bright red.

I’m not talking about direct combat.

> 2535472518797083;5:
> > 2533274801036271;4:
> > > 2535472518797083;1:
> > >
>
> If they’re right in front of you of course you can see them, but if they’re in the corner of your eye than you’re more likely to see them when they’re literally glowing bright red.
>
> I’m not talking about direct combat.

Yeah I get that, never had that issue. If they’re on the TV, whether it’s the corner or not, I can see them. If they’re stationary then they’re in for a bad time.

I will always back up outline system because it is a great accessibility feature and makes the playing field equal.

> 2533274801036271;6:
> > 2535472518797083;5:
> > > 2533274801036271;4:
> > > > 2535472518797083;1:
> > > >
> >
> > If they’re right in front of you of course you can see them, but if they’re in the corner of your eye than you’re more likely to see them when they’re literally glowing bright red.
> >
> > I’m not talking about direct combat.
>
> Yeah I get that, never had that issue. If they’re on the TV, whether it’s the corner or not, I can see them. If they’re stationary then they’re in for a bad time.

Yes, but you have to pit your argument against all the other people who do have a problem with it. I’m not saying your opinion doesn’t matter, it certainly does, but a lot of people have a problem with the outlines for the same reason as me. Maybe it’s just a weakness that you don’t have.

They straight up said the ability to turn them off will not be there at launch and may or may not come after.

> 2533274840624875;8:
> They straight up said the ability to turn them off will not be there at launch and may or may not come after.

That doesn’t give us much information on whether we get red vs blue back or not. I pretty much just wrote this forum as an opportunity to pitch an idea.

(also, don’t be surprised if I run out of forum posts, for some reason there’s a limit to it. Yep, I ran out. :/)

> 2535472518797083;9:
> > 2533274840624875;8:
> > They straight up said the ability to turn them off will not be there at launch and may or may not come after.
>
> That doesn’t give us much information on whether we get red vs blue back or not. I pretty much just wrote this forum as an opportunity to pitch an idea.
>
> (also, don’t be surprised if I run out of forum posts, for some reason there’s a limit to it)

Red V Blue is not coming back and wont be be able to be enabled. Expect changes to the outlines (on, off, strength etc) and not much more

> 2535472518797083;1:
> I know what you’re thinking, “The Friend or Foe system has already been addressed”, but not exactly. They still haven’t told us if we can turn them off to get red vs blue, they only said we can turn them off.
>
> The best way to handle it if we can’t have red vs blue, is to only give allies the Friend or Foe outline. The outlines made enemies as plain as day, so stealth was basically thrown out the window. That’s not good, stealth has always been apart of Halo, and should not be taken away. If the enemies had no outline then it would put the stealth factor back into Halo, thus ending the problem.
>
> I don’t know if any of you remember Republic Commando, but the outlines for that game are the best I’ve ever seen. Your allies glowed a faint, but noticeable color depending on the character. THAT is how to do it. Make the outlines as faint as possible, but still make them prominent enough that you can easily tell enemy from ally. The enemies in that game had no outlines, but you could still see them very easily so it didn’t disrupt gameplay.
>
> Just having a toggle for this wouldn’t work, then you could turn on the outlines for enemies and see them as plain as day when they’re trying to use stealth. Doing this would give players an unfair advantage against those who try to use stealth.
>
> It would be like a toggle for grenade hitmarkers. You could turn them off, but you’d be at a disadvantage because there’d always be those few guys who’d leave them on. Toggling for this kind of thing doesn’t work. It gives other people too much of an advantage.
>
> I hope I didn’t ramble too much and that actually made sense, and 343 please listen to this feedback, unless you have something else up your sleeve stealth is dead.

For me, It is a great accessibility feature, I don’t mind it. But I agreed, that the outline is kinda bright, so I hope they tone it down a bit.

> 2533274840624875;10:
> > 2535472518797083;9:
> > > 2533274840624875;8:
> > > They straight up said the ability to turn them off will not be there at launch and may or may not come after.
> >
> > That doesn’t give us much information on whether we get red vs blue back or not. I pretty much just wrote this forum as an opportunity to pitch an idea.
> >
> > (also, don’t be surprised if I run out of forum posts, for some reason there’s a limit to it)
>
> Red V Blue is not coming back and wont be be able to be enabled. Expect changes to the outlines (on, off, strength etc) and not much more

I’m not saying it will come back, because I really doubt it will. Though, I’m not going to rule out the slim possibility it will. It’s a live service game, a lot can happen in a few years.

Just look at MCC now, whoever thought skins would come to CE? Whoever thought they’d bring Halo Online and Norse armor to Halo 3? Who’d guess Elites would actually get more cosmetics?

A lot can happen in a few years, especially to a live service game.

removing red v blue is a giant mistake imo.
It has nothing to do with “mAkInG tHe BatTlE FieLd FaiR” like some naive kiddos are thinking.
It has all to do with creating incentive to buy battlepasses. (make custom colors and armors more important and viable).

Grow up kiddos, the outline system is nothing but a compromise on gameplay to create incentive to make money. It’s an live service title, expect more of these concessions.

> 2533274810068375;13:
> removing red v blue is a giant mistake imo.
> It has nothing to do with “mAkInG tHe BatTlE FieLd FaiR” like some naive kiddos are thinking.
> It has all to do with creating incentive to buy battlepasses. (make custom colors and armors more important and viable).
>
> Grow up kiddos, the outline system is nothing but a compromise on gameplay to create incentive to make money. It’s an live service title, expect more of these concessions.

343 said it’s “for more player expression” but you can’t even see the coatings because of how bright the outlines are.

> 2535472518797083;14:
> > 2533274810068375;13:
> > removing red v blue is a giant mistake imo.
> > It has nothing to do with “mAkInG tHe BatTlE FieLd FaiR” like some naive kiddos are thinking.
> > It has all to do with creating incentive to buy battlepasses. (make custom colors and armors more important and viable).
> >
> > Grow up kiddos, the outline system is nothing but a compromise on gameplay to create incentive to make money. It’s an live service title, expect more of these concessions.
>
> 343 said it’s “for more player expression” while you can’t even see the coatings because of how bright the outlines are.

One of the reasons that makes the friend v foe system so freaking dumb.

> 2533274810068375;15:
> > 2535472518797083;14:
> > > 2533274810068375;13:
> > > removing red v blue is a giant mistake imo.
> > > It has nothing to do with “mAkInG tHe BatTlE FieLd FaiR” like some naive kiddos are thinking.
> > > It has all to do with creating incentive to buy battlepasses. (make custom colors and armors more important and viable).
> > >
> > > Grow up kiddos, the outline system is nothing but a compromise on gameplay to create incentive to make money. It’s an live service title, expect more of these concessions.
> >
> > 343 said it’s “for more player expression” while you can’t even see the coatings because of how bright the outlines are.
>
> One of the reasons that makes the friend v foe system so freaking dumb.

Tell me about it.

I agree too, it really is a terrible system.
If it is really for colour-blind people, wouldn’t it work just as well or even better to just choose what the “whole” armour’s colours should be on the different teams instead of just a line around it? I’m not colour-blind so I wouldn’t know, I just assume that’s how it works?
They wanna show off coatings during games to sell more of them, that’s simply the main reason.
I’m so sad this game is ftp, it really harms the quality of the player’s experiences.
It’s also a bit silly to me that they say it’s for player expression when coatings as the only way to pick colours is a step backwards in player expression.

> 2535472518797083;12:
> > 2533274840624875;10:
> > > 2535472518797083;9:
> > > > 2533274840624875;8:
> > > > They straight up said the ability to turn them off will not be there at launch and may or may not come after.
> > >
> > > That doesn’t give us much information on whether we get red vs blue back or not. I pretty much just wrote this forum as an opportunity to pitch an idea.
> > >
> > > (also, don’t be surprised if I run out of forum posts, for some reason there’s a limit to it)
> >
> > Red V Blue is not coming back and wont be be able to be enabled. Expect changes to the outlines (on, off, strength etc) and not much more
>
> I’m not saying it will come back, because I really doubt it will. Though, I’m not going to rule out the slim possibility it will. It’s a live service game, a lot can happen in a few years.
>
> Just look at MCC now, whoever thought skins would come to CE? Whoever thought they’d bring Halo Online and Norse armor to Halo 3? Who’d guess Elites would actually get more cosmetics?
>
> A lot can happen in a few years, especially to a live service game.

Gonna be honest, there is no possability of it. Its inclusion directly combats the goals of monetization. They will tweak the system to make players a bit more happy and keep the ability to show off coatings (earned or purchasable). Enabling a system that blocks that form of in game marketing for shop items just is not something they will do.

Not a fan of the outline. I get trying to have players have their Spartans stand out more, but it just throws it off for me and I can’t even admire their customization with it

Ive said it before, just put visible service tags over your teammates and those who don’t have service tags are clearly the opposing team. No colors needed