The French Halo Waypoint seems dead

Hi everyone

There is a little problem I’d like to speak about with the Waypoint team. Actually, there is nothing new on the French version of Halo Waypoint. The last time I logged on the app on my 360, the news were : everything about E3 (Halo 4 teaser, Halo Anniversary, etc.), the “DMR”, and “Red vs. Blue : The Arrival”. Normally, there should have been more news. Where are “8-bits of Awesome”, “the Energy Sword”, “Headhunters”, etc? I know that “the schedule is based on Waypoint’s US, English language content calendar and may not reflect daily content provided to all regions and languages”… But actually, US and French schedules were nearly the same, so I don’t really understand why the French version of Waypoint seems dead. I know it may not be the American Waypoint team’s fault, I don’t really know who are the guys who translate the news in French.

So I’m asking you, Waypoint team, when will we get fresh news on our French Waypoint please ?

(eventually, sorry for the poor English language :frowning: )

Tu parles de l’application sur 360 ?

I didn’t realize there were non english versions of the sites. If they don’t get updated as often you might just try to translate the english ones yourself. Try using babelfish.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

I’m not talking about the website. It’s the app on the 360. :frowning:

I didn’t even know that there are other versions of Halo Waypoint except the English one. Live and learn… Anyway, have you tried setting your console’s system language to English and then starting up Waypoint?

> I didn’t even know that there are other versions of Halo Waypoint except the English one. Live and learn… Anyway, have you tried setting your console’s system language to English and then starting up Waypoint?

Nearly every Xbox live country can download HaloWaypoint. The german HaloWaypoint is just using the american content. They don’t translate the stuff, except for some major articles.

> > I didn’t even know that there are other versions of Halo Waypoint except the English one. Live and learn… Anyway, have you tried setting your console’s system language to English and then starting up Waypoint?
>
> Nearly every Xbox live country can download HaloWaypoint. The german HaloWaypoint is just using the american content. They don’t translate the stuff, except for some major articles.

I just suggested that because I’m from Austria (German-speaking country) but have my console’s system language set to English. So, Halo Waypoint is completely in English and I can’t recall not having gotten something there that way available in the US or the UK. For example, I got the “8-bits of Awesome”, “Headhunters”, and so on. Maybe Imrane can also get those things if he switched his console’s language to English. At least it’s worth a try.

Ok thanks guys, I’ll try that later when I’ll be able to use my 360. In fact, what is the most disturbing is that I can’t watch “Headhunters” with french subtitles. I don’t have problem to read an english article about the Energy Sword on this website, but it’s harder to follow an english-only motion-comic. (The Return, The Mona Lisa, etc. were available with french subtitles on the 360 app)

Due to scheduling issues we were unable to localize Headhunters at launch, but we will be localizing all the episodes at a (not so) later date.

> Due to scheduling issues we were unable to localize Headhunters at launch, but we will be localizing all the episodes at a (not so) later date.

Good to know. Thanks.

Ok, thank you. :slight_smile:

vous pouvez changer la langue de votre Xbox 360 à l’anglais, qui a obtenu toutes les choses à jour, im mexicaine et que j’ai fait, il n’est pas obtenu des sous-titres, mais au moins je peux comprendre certaines choses

Bon, David Ellis a reglé cette affaire. Je crois que la meme chose s’applique pour la plus part des articles. Je suppose que c’est pas si facile de tout coordiner et arranger a temps. Est-ce que les episodes de Red vs blue sont en anglais et sous-titrés en francais?

Jusqu’à maintenant oui, les épisodes de Red vs Blue sont en anglais avec sous-titres français. (Le dernier publié est “The Arrival”)

Ah, je ne sais pas si c’sst le tout dernier episode sur waypoint mais je crois que oui.

Guys what was the lastest RvB episode on waypoint?

The latest RvB is “The Arrival”. In fact, RvB is the only news we got on the french Waypoint since the news about the DMR. It’s something like :

(more recent)

• RvB “The Arrival”
  • DMR
  • E3 news (Halo 4, Halo Anniversary…)

It lacks many news.

And It will also be cool if you could translate the Halo Waypoint website in french .