The Forge palette is lacking, to say the least.

I was one of the lucky few to snatch up one of the early access codes for the Defiant Map Pack, and as soon as it had downloaded I hastily jumped into Forge, eager to try out the maps. To my disappointment, I found that each of the maps respective Forge palettes were severely lacking, just like every other map in Reach (Yes, Forge World, you too.).

Even Halo 3’s launch maps had great Forge palettes, full of crates barricades and other goodies. The DLC maps added even more, including doors and walls with which to block off areas of the maps, and stairs and boxes to create new structures.

Suffice to say, I had high expectations for Reach’s maps.

I hope that future DLC maps will feature commendable Forge palettes worthy of Halo 3’s. I have faith in you, 343. Don’t let us down.

This is just the thing. In Halo 3, Forge was a great map editor that you could use to adjust all types of things on maps, but it was lacking in the map making abilities until Foundry came along. Reach is the opposite, you can make your own map anyway you want, but you can’t do much to the existing maps.

They need to update this… Its unacceptable IMO. At lease some way to create walkways and block off certain rooms or w/e. And phasing doesn’t work? Why is that? Please 343/Bungie, give us some options.

I was expecting at least building blocks or even a grid so i could make another Grifball court, this time for highlands, But alas I will have to make due with the fancy new crates.

On a total level design I would give the total of the map 8.5-9 out of 10

On total Playability (because I do not have Highspeed internet) 7-8 out of 10. the pack will keep me coming back for more destruction and devastation across reach.

On Forgeability and objects in the maps I give a 6 out of 10
The new crates from halo 3 helped save if from being a 4.

ive found out that covenant/unsc based maps will not have grids/other stuff like seen in forge world because all that stuff was only really used for foreunner based maps so when you seen another DLC lets hope theres some forerunner based maps.

> ive found out that covenant/unsc based maps will not have grids/other stuff like seen in forge world because all that stuff was only really used for foreunner based maps so when you seen another DLC lets hope theres some forerunner based maps.

That doesn’t make much sense. I see no reason why grids wouldn’t appear on a UNSC or Covenant Forge-based map.

I express your concern. As a forger myself, I’ve found the past two map packs (bar Tempest) to be pretty lacking when it comes to Forge. Forge World is the only map worth forging on in the original game.

We need a map like Foundry or Sandbox, something friendly for Forgers where many different variants can be created. You’ll be surprised how one map can offer so many different experiences.

I wish they had added jersey barriers and pallets for forge world so we could have made so omega maps. Those where the best in Halo 3.

It seems that the map where we need some loose and destructible objects is missing them, and the ones that have them don’t seem to have much else other than those.

yea theres alot of forgers out there and i love to forge i love the new map pack. i loved the sandtrap and sandbox y dont they make maps like those and foundry was cool. I also herd that 343 dident have much to say what they wanted in the defiant map pack sense it was there first map pack.We all know that 343 will make a lot of new map packs but for now we will just have to wait.Im sure they will be good but 343 did very good on the defiant map pack 343 and bungie are both very very cool i cant wait for there new games and Frank O’Conner said there going to be big and small cool stuff this year. i would love to see bungie make a Star Wars Battle Front 3 but by the way i like Halo more than star wars!!!