The Flood's Whip

About CEA…

The Flood’s stupid little whip. NERF IT. Why? The range reaches over 10 friggin’ miles, and has a wide range.
Bungie went way overboard with the infinite Flood spawning as well. It’s ridiculous.
I’m sure NOBODY will miss these things.

I loved that in CE. MAde the Flood feel like what they’re supposed to be…

> I loved that in CE. MAde the Flood feel like what they’re supposed to be…

Irritating nuisances that degraded the quality of the game? I don’t appreciate going blind with a glowing red screen every time a Flood touches me with its tentacle. It feels like I’m playing ODST.

Nope, didn’t degrade the quality of the game for me. It was challenging.

> Nope, didn’t degrade the quality of the game for me. It was challenging.

Go and play Keyes on Heroic, then come back. There’s a difference between challenging, and just ridiculously annoying. Example, challenging being a smart enemy AI that takes cover, throws grenades, and strafes. Annoying being making two Plasma Rifle shots take your shields down with the enemy having terribly strong shields and health.

I’ve beat the game on legendary alone, I don’t think I need to.

> I’ve beat the game on legendary alone, I don’t think I need to.

Irrelevant. I’m talking about constantly getting smacked by the Flood.

Will you scream like like this?

You told me to play it on heroic to find out, and I played it on legendary. How is it irrelevant? I know what it is, and the covenant gave me more of a problem.

I beat Halo CE on solo legendary without too much trouble. It was the covenant, not the flood that made it difficult. I think the flood are fine the way they are

The annoying Flood melee range and the abundance of them really added to the sense of the desperation of the situation for me. It was about atmosphere, not difficulty or challenge. Please, 343, DON’T “fix” the Flood.

Further, I have also beaten Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary solo. It truly is the earlier levels that are more difficult. The Flood don’t need a nerf. I would even call the second half of the game too easy.

> The annoying Flood melee range and the abundance of them really added to the sense of the desperation of the situation for me. It was about atmosphere, not difficulty or challenge. Please, 343, DON’T “fix” the Flood.
>
> Further, I have also beaten Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary solo. It truly is the earlier levels that are more difficult. The Flood don’t need a nerf. I would even call the second half of the game too easy.

Really? I found Two Betrayals to be the most difficult. :frowning:
Man, I miss those campaign levels. They seemed so much larger than today’s campaign levels. Idk why.

They shouldn’t change the game. At all, just leave it as it is.

haha man i cant imagine your opinion on the flood’s meleeing in halo 2! their whip was like a 1-2 hitter on legendary lol

> The annoying Flood melee range and the abundance of them really added to the sense of the desperation of the situation for me. It was about atmosphere, not difficulty or challenge. Please, 343, DON’T “fix” the Flood.
>
> Further, I have also beaten Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary solo. It truly is the earlier levels that are more difficult. The Flood don’t need a nerf. I would even call the second half of the game too easy.

It’s better to have non-frustrating and fair gameplay rather than trade that for a trivial thing like the “atmosphere”. Analogy: Running away from a red Elite with seemingly infinite shields, and mega-powerful Plasma shots adds to the desparation, but it doesn’t benefit gameplay in that it’s just cheap challenge, rather than a fair one.

> > Nope, didn’t degrade the quality of the game for me. It was challenging.
>
> Go and play Keyes on Heroic, then come back. There’s a difference between challenging, and just ridiculously annoying. Example, challenging being a smart enemy AI that takes cover, throws grenades, and strafes. Annoying being making two Plasma Rifle shots take your shields down with the enemy having terribly strong shields and health.

Umm, I don’t know about him, but I have played through Keyes on Legendary. I could say Two Betralyals was more challenging. And I don’t know what you’re talking about when you say “the enemy having terribly strong shields”, Flood didn’t have shields in Halo CE.

What comes to my opinion on the Flood in Halo CE, I think they were perfect. They weren’t challenging enough in Halo 2 or 3. In Halo 3 you could iterally only use melee against the Flood. In Halo CE you also had one extremely good weapon to combat the Flood: Shotgun. Shotgun in Halo CE had twelve rounds per magazine. It’s the ultimate Flood killing machine.

You really can’t blame me for just being nostalgic either, I played through The Maw on Legendary yesterday. It was a piece of cake. I could also go play through Keyes right now, the only actually hard part is when you clear all the enemies from the gravity lift, but it goes easily just by tossing a few grenades there and running in guns blazin’ and over shields chargin’.

> > The annoying Flood melee range and the abundance of them really added to the sense of the desperation of the situation for me. It was about atmosphere, not difficulty or challenge. Please, 343, DON’T “fix” the Flood.
> >
> > Further, I have also beaten Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary solo. It truly is the earlier levels that are more difficult. The Flood don’t need a nerf. I would even call the second half of the game too easy.
>
> It’s better to have non-frustrating and fair gameplay rather than trade that for a trivial thing like the “atmosphere”. Analogy: Running away from a red Elite with seemingly infinite shields, and mega-powerful Plasma shots adds to the desparation, but it doesn’t benefit gameplay in that it’s just cheap challenge, rather than a fair one.

Atmosphere, trivial? Have you played games like BioShock, Halo 3: ODST, Prince of Persia? Atmosphere makes those games. In the same way, atmosphere makes the Flood parts of Halo: Combat Evolved. At that point in the story, you’re supposed to be truly wound tight around the delivery of the narrative, so to speak, that what you’re fighting doesn’t necessarily matter. Besides, if you think the Flood is truly frustrating in Combat Evolved… You clearly haven’t played much Halo 2 or Halo 3. The Flood in Combat Evolved is really, really fine; don’t change a thing about them, please.

> > > The annoying Flood melee range and the abundance of them really added to the sense of the desperation of the situation for me. It was about atmosphere, not difficulty or challenge. Please, 343, DON’T “fix” the Flood.
> > >
> > > Further, I have also beaten Halo: Combat Evolved on Legendary solo. It truly is the earlier levels that are more difficult. The Flood don’t need a nerf. I would even call the second half of the game too easy.
> >
> > It’s better to have non-frustrating and fair gameplay rather than trade that for a trivial thing like the “atmosphere”. Analogy: Running away from a red Elite with seemingly infinite shields, and mega-powerful Plasma shots adds to the desparation, but it doesn’t benefit gameplay in that it’s just cheap challenge, rather than a fair one.
>
> Atmosphere, trivial? Have you played games like BioShock, Halo 3: ODST, Prince of Persia? Atmosphere makes those games. In the same way, atmosphere makes the Flood parts of Halo: Combat Evolved. At that point in the story, you’re supposed to be truly wound tight around the delivery of the narrative, so to speak, that what you’re fighting doesn’t necessarily matter. Besides, if you think the Flood is truly frustrating in Combat Evolved… You clearly haven’t played much Halo 2 or Halo 3. The Flood in Combat Evolved is really, really fine; don’t change a thing about them, please.

What this guy said. If a series’ atmosphere were different from one game to another, they might as well be different fictions all together.