The flood dont look like flood?

So, I finnaly saw the pictures of the flood in high res today and I am somewhat dissapointed. Dont get me wrong, they look amazing and flipping scary, and I am very happy that 343i added it. However, I do wish that they made them look more like the traditional flood from halo 2/3. Anyone else agree?

edit I am aware that it is not the real flood and i dont need it explained cannon-ly. I am just saying that they dont really look like what I imagined the flood as. But again, im still very happy with them.

Well…they are Flood Spartans. We haven’t seen something like that yet.

> Well…they are Flood Spartans. We haven’t seen something like that yet.

Yeah, and if you look the Spartans don’t seem to be fully changed, as like the armour is showing.

They fit in with the 343 halo art style

For some reason I was under the impression that there was no flood in Halo 4. Read a article on it. The Flood is only in the multi-player. Scared me for a minute.

True, but look at the difference between infected humans and elites, and brutes. Other than body shape they all look very similar. But the spartans have a completely different looking head and no tenticles.

I think you should all remember this is part of Wargames on what is effectively a holodeck…

It’s not real. These “Flood” are just the result of someone making living Spartans look sort of like Flood.

I guess they were just going for a change. Or it might be something to do with hit boxes. Or it might be to do with the fact they’re Spartan-Flood. Or it might be because it’s a holodeck.

All I know is, they look awesome.

I was wondering how it was going to look using their claws for melee. But you can clearly see their right arm is just a sword with a flood skin over the top. So I guess it will be pretty similar to normal infection.

> > Well…they are Flood Spartans. We haven’t seen something like that yet.
>
> Yeah, and if you look the Spartans don’t seem to be fully changed, as like the armour is showing.

I think they had to make a model that could fit the movement style of a spartan. Traditional flood would cause the same problems we had in reach with height. I think this was a gameplay decision. Also the way traditional flood move would mean that your screen would shake a lot when you walk.

> I guess they were just going for a change. <mark>Or it might be something to do with hit boxes</mark>. Or it might be to do with the fact they’re Spartan-Flood. Or it might be because it’s a holodeck.
>
> All I know is, they look awesome.
>
> I was wondering how it was going to look using their claws for melee. But you can clearly see their right arm is just a sword with a flood skin over the top. So I guess it will be pretty similar to normal infection.

Highlighted: most likely.

I was expecting something more bulbous and asymmetrical, but I don’t mind what they’re giving us. I’d prefer more variety from flood infected spartns, but the fact they’re giving us even 1 model is pretty cool.

Has it been confirmed that when you kill flood players that there limbs get blown off?

Thats a really good point. It is on the holo deck.

Probably because of the Spartans augmentations.

> Well…they are Flood Spartans. We haven’t seen something like that yet.

This. And after everything has been artistically reworked, you’re still surprised that the Flood look different?

> They fit in with the 343 halo art style

Sigh

Think about it OP. Its not the flood. Its for the infection gametype.

Guys, stop trying to explain the change canonically. What he means is they don’t look like Flood. Does that look like this?

I like the claw, but just look at the facial difference. I don’t understand the new faces at all.

flood forms depend on the infected creature (look at what grunts turn into)

Spartans are far denser in their Biomass than regular humans both in muscles and bones

sounds logical to think that the infected Spartans would be less fluffy than other Infected combat forms

It’s the new badass flood-form.

You get flood in infection and you don’t like it tough they look amazing they finally look more scary.