the flood coming back?

will the flood someday come back?

Probably.

It will obviously. Flood shows up in much great force and power. I wonder whether we will see Star road or not.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/yes-redacted-is-still-alive-spoiler-warning/b1988c25-73f4-437b-a0f7-085b4941bd59/posts?page=2#post26

this has a very good theory backed up by cannon

Well,

the Legendary ending of Halo 5 shows Cortana “singing” on a Halo ring, where plenty of Flood are there to start spreading…

The story of the flood has played itself out in Bungie’s Halo trilogy and through the forerunners books. I don’t think there is more room to continue down that road again. That being said I think the flood as a whole where a better enemy then compared to the promethean knights/soldiers.

I hope they come back. Imo the floods are much more interesting than the prometheans. Take gravemind for example. When you first saw him and went “holy shizzle what is that, am I going to fight it?”

Prometheans are cool and new and all, but the floods are more interesting imo.

If we go to Zeta Halo (Installation 07) we might, it is so a tomb for infected forerunners and I think it was 7 or 10 timelocked proto-Graveminds

According to Catalog the Sangheili implemented sterilization protocols in the infection zone on Installation 07. The UNSC now has research bases there.

Records provided to Human naval authorities by allied [macto cognatus] indicate implementation of adequate containment and sterilization protocols within infected zone.

i hope xd

Since the covenant is destroyed now, they need another enemie type to replace it. The flood would be perfect

What if the next game takes place on zeta halo? Perhaps Cortanas plan is to release the flood, just like mendicant bias. Think about it, cortana said she will end war and create peace. Now does anyone remember what the primordial said to the forerunners?

• "We are the Flood. There is no difference. Until all space and time are rolled up and life is crushed in the folds … no end to war, grief, or pain. In a hundred and one thousand centuries … unity again, and wisdom. Until then -sweetness."perhaps this is Cortanas messed up plan to create galactic peace. I’ll finish with this quote,
    “Our urge to create is immutable; wemust create. But the beings we create shall never again reach out in strength against us.
    All that is created will suffer. All will be born in suffering, endless grayness shall be their lot. All creation will tailor to failure and pain, that never againshall the offspring of the eternal Fount rise up against their creators.Listen to the silence. Ten million years of deep silence. And now, whimpers and cries; not of birth. That is what we bring: a great crushing weight to press down youth and hope.No more will. No more freedom. Nothing new but agonizing death and never good shall come of it.We are the last of those who gave you breath and form, millions of years ago. We are the last of those your kind defied and ruthlessly destroyed. We are the last Precursors. And now we are legion.”

Well since Halo rings contains flood containment facilities and

Cortana has oneThe chances we’ll encountering flood again are quite high

p.s. What happens when the flood got exposed by a Composer? Do they become Floometheans?

The Flood will definitely return.

I would like to see the situation with Cortana resolved in some way before they do show up.

I see Cortana having control of a Halo as a means to enforce peace in that system by threatening to activate it rather than releasing The Flood.

> 2787272447965069;14:
> The Flood will definitely return.
>
> I would like to see the situation with Cortana resolved in some way before they do show up.
> I see Cortana having control of a Halo as a means to enforce peace in that system by threatening to activate it rather than releasing The Flood.

Cortana would never consider releasing the flood, if given the chance she would destory any trace of them.
If even flood spore is loose the galaxy will be in danger and not even cortana and any AIs are safe from the flood.
And becuase her plan is the make the galaxy pacified by force she will leave species defenceless just like what the forerunners did. and if the flood ever got strong enough to get a gravemind then even AIs will be infected, heck the cortana was tortured by a gravemind, im sure she would struggle against another.
The flood is the halo universes’s ultimate and necessary evil. If the flood ever returns in force, cortana will have 3 options, lose and become a part of the flood, destory every living thing in the galaxy with the halo’s or unite every race that can fight to stand against the flood. 1 fault that the forerunners had was that they had no allies and made any race weaker than them and stagnated technological progress for all species.

Hopefully

> 2533274798731851;3:
> It will obviously. Flood shows up in much great force and power. I wonder whether we will see Star road or not.

That’d be a bit overkill in the current universe. The only method of stopping one would be by activating a Halo. So you either let it destroy solar systems, or wipe out a chunk of galactic life.